Bonnyrigg Rose should they stay or should they go...

Unknown Fan

1 hour ago, bluebell1 said:

And potentially that is where the problem is.  Self preservation. Surely we should be looking at it for the benefit though.  Am sure TJ could be relocated to another job within the new structure as it evolves.  

Doing nothing means change will happen without his involvement, he needs to embrace it or possibly put himself and the juniors at risk. 

A split within the juniors on the way forward has already happened with east and west clubs. My other worry is TJ May be sitting in his glass house not to worried due to there not being a big push for change from west clubs. That again could be his down fall as the east falls apart.

Let's face it, TJ has only ever been interested in the West and that is reflected in those at the top table, West dominated.  How often does he venture East to games?

The East haemorrhaging clubs probably doesn't worry him too much as long as his power base remains intact,  he doesn't give a jot about the North Region either (was the recent survey even sent to them??).   

I can see the scenario that as the East clubs continue to move to the EoS, and if there is growing disquiet in the West, then he may attempt to move them en-masse into the Pyramid to form WoSFL, create a new job for himself, and leave whatever is left in the East to do as they wish given there is already an alternative in place.

Where that leaves the North who knows.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well unless it does you can't criticise individual clubs for making decisions that suit them.  And it's definitely an easier decision for clubs at the level of Dalkeith and Edinburgh than it is for Linlithgow or Bonnyrigg.  If Bonnyrigg go, the game is up the pole for junior football in the east in my opinion. 

Unfortunately our position seems to be hands on our ears and shout la la la la la.

We have a membership ill informed on the current situation. A lot can happen between AGM's - communication now that's a novel idea.

We had a fan heading to newtongrange last week as checked the website.

1 hour ago, energyzone said:

Stop being so derogatory. At least half a dozen teams have legitimate aspirations of winning the junior cup each year. None of them will ever win the senior cup.

It's time people realised that a lot of posters have different opinions and just because they don't align with yours doesn't mean they are wrong.

If someone thinks the junior cup is a more appealing competition to them than the senior cup, that's actually fine. You don't have to agree, just accept it.

I would have thought that applied to all junior fans - they haven't a hope of winning the Scottish cup, although if they get through the early rounds they could get a big pay day - but as you say  there must be half a dozen or more clubs who fancy their chances of lifting the Scottish Junior Cup. And a trophy is a trophy! (I still remember how delighted I was when the Dons won the Dryborough Cup!)

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I would have thought that applied to all junior fans - they haven't a hope of winning the Scottish cup, although if they get through the early rounds they could get a big pay day - but as you say  there must be half a dozen or more clubs who fancy their chances of lifting the Scottish Junior Cup. And a trophy is a trophy! (I still remember how delighted I was when the Dons won the Dryborough Cup!)

But if ALL Junior clubs came under one association and it means so much to certain clubs just now surely you could still have a junior cup from a certain level of the pyramid down similar to the Challenge Cup just now  ? 

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

But if ALL Junior clubs came under one association and it means so much to certain clubs just now surely you could still have a junior cup from a certain level of the pyramid down similar to the Challenge Cup just now  ? 

That's a different debate, but I can't see why not.

Can’t see the junior dinosaurs allowing that tho sadly! although it could give the old competition a big boost

19 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Did you run on the park?

1 minute ago, Glenconner said:

Did you run on the park?

I don't think I did - it was a long time ago, but if I had have done I think I would have remembered. But then again, maybe not - I was at the Aberdeen 7 Partick 2 match the week after Thistle won the League Cup, and can remember nothing about it. Alcohol may have played a part in that one...

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

I don't think I did - it was a long time ago, but if I had have done I think I would have remembered. But then again, maybe not - I was at the Aberdeen 7 Partick 2 match the week after Thistle won the League Cup, and can remember nothing about it. Alcohol may have played a part in that one...

Fit like.

Mair like hic like...

Joking aside, that old Beach End at Aberdeen pre wooden benches was one of the most atmospheric standing areas in these islands and i was lucky enough to have been in many of them. The Beach End in its day might even have No.1 in Scotland. And i say that as a Weegie.

1 minute ago, Glenconner said:

Joking aside, that old Beach End at Aberdeen pre wooden benches was one of the most atmospheric standing areas in these islands and i was lucky enough to have been in many of them. The Beach End in its day might even have No.1 in Scotland. And i say that as a Weegie.

I preferred the Merkland Road End tbh.

But anyway, I think we should leave these reminiscences aside, and let the thread get back on track.

I preferred the Merkland Road End tbh.

But anyway, I think we should leave these reminiscences aside, and let the thread get back on track.

True enough.

On the Junior point of gaining a licence it's all online. Pretty basic stuff.

Access to disabled toilets

5 shower heads for each team

A medical room

A loudspeaker system.

Cover for a 100 punters.

Turnstyles that punters can be counted in.

Basic car park facilities.

Doubt most of the big Junior clubs would be troubled by moving up if they wished.

12 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

True enough.

On the Junior point of gaining a licence it's all online. Pretty basic stuff.

Access to disabled toilets

5 shower heads for each team

A medical room

A loudspeaker system.

Cover for a 100 punters.

Turnstyles that punters can be counted in.

Basic car park facilities.

Doubt most of the big Junior clubs would be troubled by moving up if they wished.

Doesn't seem that big of an ask - although it will all cost money!

I'll stop being derogatory if people stop saying stupid things. You can look forward to the junior cup more, that's fair enough, but the senior Scottish cup is a far better competition in every single way. That's not down to opinion.

Of course it’s down to opinion. I was brought up in Irvine and now live in Cardross. I much prefer to travel to watch Meadow in the junior cup than to go to the soulless stadium at the Rock. Why, I can even have a pint with opposition fans in our social club. And judging from the remarks in the spfl championship forum on Dumbarton matches, I’m getting a much more exciting game for my £6.
I have thought about going to The Rock, but then I’ve lain down and it soon passes.

16 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Doesn't seem that big of an ask - although it will all cost money!

Most the big guns in the Juniors would have that place. Even if a pyramid was to happen this summer most of the top 20 Junior clubs in Scotland would walk into any new set up.

4 minutes ago, Ardenvohr6 said:

Of course it’s down to opinion. I was brought up in Irvine and now live in Cardross. I much prefer to travel to watch Meadow in the junior cup than to go to the soulless stadium at the Rock. Why, I can even have a pint with opposition fans in our social club. And judging from the remarks in the spfl championship forum on Dumbarton matches, I’m getting a much more exciting game for my £6.
I have thought about going to The Rock, but then I’ve lain down and it soon passes.

If I'm supposed to feel bad about this then sorry, I don't.

Are you really arguing that the junior cup is a better competition than the senior cup?  I'm not talking about looking forward to one more than the other because you get in for f**k all and can get steaming drunk with the opposition in some golf-club-like-hell, we're talking about the competition. He was right, they aren't even comparable, the senior cup pisses all over the junior one.

I'm quite happy paying decent money to watch my part time team sustain itself in Scotland's second tier, I was also happy (and excited) watching us beat the likes of Hibs, Dundee United and St Mirren.  I don't drink in our bar, I drink in the local pub and funnily enough I can have a pint with many opposition fans there. 

Oh and I see you're another peddling this "soulless stadium" pish.  Can you give me an example of a stadium which has "soul"?  

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If I'm supposed to feel bad about this then sorry, I don't.

Are you really arguing that the junior cup is a better competition than the senior cup?  I'm not talking about looking forward to one more than the other because you get in for f**k all and can get steaming drunk with the opposition in some golf-club-like-hell, we're talking about the competition. He was right, they aren't even comparable, the senior cup pisses all over the junior one.

I'm quite happy paying decent money to watch my part time team sustain itself in Scotland's second tier, I was also happy (and excited) watching us beat the likes of Hibs, Dundee United and St Mirren.  I don't drink in our bar, I drink in the local pub and funnily enough I can have a pint with many opposition fans there. 

Oh and I see you're another peddling this "soulless stadium" pish.  Can you give me an example of a stadium which has "soul"?  

Boghead.

Archived