Bonnyrigg Rose should they stay or should they go...

Unknown Fan

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am still listening to the debate and not made my mind up yet.  Think the East Region Super League is much more competitive than the EoS, winning a trophy in the EoS league not as memorable as winning the Scottish Cup (what my dad told me). Never seen a EoS game, have an opinion that the better players are playing junior. In reality I am a traditionalist maybe that is what is wrong in Junior football lack of ambition from the clubs been to cosy for too long.
As another correspondent says better a leader than a follower.
To have made history in last seasons big Scottish Cup certainly was very memorable and will live with me forever, but it opens the eyes to what it could be.

See yous behind the goals on Wednesday 

Very disappointed at the serious lack of discussion from TJ and his cohorts at the SJFA

bravhearts dads dad...

1 hour ago, db11 said:

Eos vote for me, superleague next year could have tranent in it!!! Possibly even the germans if enough teams go eos. Could be reconstruction of the juniors in the east region.

Auchinleck Alex will certainly have plenty new crests to cut into his lawn next year..if we move....It will be a breeze to our Top Man on turf.

5 hours ago, BS7 said:

The west junior teams seem intransigent to change when they seem to be in pole position to drive a west league. It seems that none of the clubs have aspirations to play any further up the food chain.

Don't paint all the other West junior teams with the same Talbot/Glenafton/Cumnock brush!

10 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

A structure in place - now that's a novel idea. Think it will ever catch on over the free for all that joining the EoS seems to be.

Well unless it does you can't criticise individual clubs for making decisions that suit them.  And it's definitely an easier decision for clubs at the level of Dalkeith and Edinburgh than it is for Linlithgow or Bonnyrigg.  If Bonnyrigg go, the game is up the pole for junior football in the east in my opinion. 

If lithgae, bonnyrigg, Boness etc got to eos from the superleague then for me the east region juniors is finished. 

For Dundonald it would probably come down to 2 options.  (1)  Join eos with the other clubs or (2) push for a return to the fife league 

There is another option of course, the sjfa come to an agreement to integrate all junior clubs into the pyramid. But am not holding my breath on that one.

One concern I do have though. Is currently there are obvious financial advantages to be had when moving under the pyramid structure. Will these still be available at the same level if the pyramid is integrated and the number of clubs increase ten fold or will the money be spread thinner.

If lithgae, bonnyrigg, Boness etc got to eos from the superleague then for me the east region juniors is finished. 
For Dundonald it would probably come down to 2 options.  (1)  Join eos with the other clubs or (2) push for a return to the fife league 
There is another option of course, the sjfa come to an agreement to integrate all junior clubs into the pyramid. But am not holding my breath on that one.
One concern I do have though. Is currently there are obvious financial advantages to be had when moving under the pyramid structure. Will these still be available at the same level if the pyramid is integrated and the number of clubs increase ten fold or will the money be spread thinner.

If Junior clubs join en-masse under the jurisdiction of the SJFA one day (unlikely) then there is still one problem. The SJFA.

And potentially that is where the problem is.  Self preservation. Surely we should be looking at it for the benefit though.  Am sure TJ could be relocated to another job within the new structure as it evolves.  

Doing nothing means change will happen without his involvement, he needs to embrace it or possibly put himself and the juniors at risk. 

A split within the juniors on the way forward has already happened with east and west clubs. My other worry is TJ May be sitting in his glass house not to worried due to there not being a big push for change from west clubs. That again could be his down fall as the east falls apart.

And potentially that is where the problem is.  Self preservation. Surely we should be looking at it for the benefit though.  Am sure TJ could be relocated to another job within the new structure as it evolves.  
Doing nothing means change will happen without his involvement, he needs to embrace it or possibly put himself and the juniors at risk. 
A split within the juniors on the way forward has already happened with east and west clubs. My other worry is TJ May be sitting in his glass house not to worried due to there not being a big push for change from west clubs. That again could be his down fall as the east falls apart.

Exactly what i said the lack of movement suggests they ain’t too fussed unless a big west name pushes for it!

Chances of a game the morra?

I think "the senior Scottish Cup doesn't even compare to the Junior Scottish" is my favourite piece of fuckwittery yet. What planet are some of you guys living on?
Stop being so derogatory. At least half a dozen teams have legitimate aspirations of winning the junior cup each year. None of them will ever win the senior cup.

It's time people realised that a lot of posters have different opinions and just because they don't align with yours doesn't mean they are wrong.

If someone thinks the junior cup is a more appealing competition to them than the senior cup, that's actually fine. You don't have to agree, just accept it.

2 minutes ago, energyzone said:

Stop being so derogatory. At least half a dozen teams have legitimate aspirations of winning the junior cup each year. None of them will ever win the senior cup.

It's time people realised that a lot of posters have different opinions and just because they don't align with yours doesn't mean they are wrong.

If someone thinks the junior cup is a more appealing competition to them than the senior cup, that's actually fine. You don't have to agree, just accept it.

I'll stop being derogatory if people stop saying stupid things. You can look forward to the junior cup more, that's fair enough, but the senior Scottish cup is a far better competition in every single way. That's not down to opinion.

ive said for a whilst now i dont think there   will be a grade called " Junior" in the next 2-3 years, everyone who is capable of obtaining a licence will join the pyramid and the rest will go back to local leagues alongside amateur teams. Of the current  Superleague/Premier teams in the east i would say  most wouldnt need to do much to gain the licence, This is not including the Tayside clubs.

There is a chance 5/6 may jump ship this year to try and get a head start but i have a feeling there will be a mass exodus the following year and clubs will need to choose to join the pyramid or stay in a local league .

What happens if the 5/6 are automatically put into an East of Scotland 2nd division? it could take a team 4-5 seasons to even make the East of Scotland 1st division which isnt a great scenario for a club who may be currently mid table Superleague.

It will probably be unfair on the current EOS teams who have been in that set up for years but for the benefit of everyone it would be best if the weaker EOS teams enter league 2 with district Junior clubs and any Superleague /Premier clubs make up the top division with the stronger EOS teams.

No one wants to see teams getting hammered every week and it would make both leagues very competitive ,

The other option is to regionalise  EOS but you would get some hefty scorelines week in week out.

Everybody needs to pull together in what is best for football in this country and not self preservation.

Before i get shot down  only my opinion in which everyone is entitled to, There are no rights or wrongs on this subject.

Archived