BBC bias

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The SNP member of the panel, I can't remember who it was, even said he recognised a few Tory campaigners in the audience.  

God, I haven't seen Laura Mitchell for years, she used to go to a load of The Caley games back in the day on the supporters buses.

Laura is a lovely woman and a good friend of one of my Daughters, you'll know that she donated a kidney to her Mum to help with her health. Laura is a very kind and thoughtful person who would have shone in the Commons instead of the hole licker Ross.

During that 2019 GE Moray Hall vote count Ross was absolutely shitting himself once he saw the size of the SNP vote coming through.

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Laura is a lovely woman and a good friend of one of my Daughters, you'll know that she donated a kidney to her Mum to help with her health. Laura is a very kind and thoughtful person who would have shone in the Commons instead of the hole licker Ross.

During that 2019 GE Moray Hall vote count Ross was absolutely shitting himself once he saw the size of the SNP vote coming through.

Aye she was good crack on the bus and at games.  

On 30/11/2023 at 09:27, TheScarf said:

Hopefully Question Time is next.  A truly ghastly program chock full of right wing gammons and racists, and that's just the panel!

Absolutely.  I stopped watching years ago as there was not even the pretence of balance; it was basically the letters page of The Herald on a night out, Jane Laxative being a prime example.

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Absolutely.  I stopped watching years ago as there was not even the pretence of balance; it was basically the letters page of The Herald on a night out, Jane Laxative being a prime example.

Why audience manipulation on BBC Question Time is an assault on truth and journalism | The Herald (heraldscotland.com)

Apparently we've got a one billion £ black hole in Scotland.

Not a deficit or shortfall or even a potential overspend, no no, for your super soaraway Scottish beeb, it's a billion £££££££s black hole

On 06/12/2023 at 19:30, Fullerene said:

If you wanted just one example of how much The Herald has lurched to the right, then that article from 2016 would be it - it wouldn't be run today. 

To take a random example - the Laura Kuenssberg show on Sunday morning. It's on YouTube and elsewhere, you can see it.  An hour long, started with the papers for 5 minutes and then an interview with Robert Jenrick (Tory former immigration minister) followed by an interview with Michael Gove (Tory cabinet minister). 30 minutes of the show taken up with these interviews. 

Then an interview with the First lady of Ukraine.

And the last 10 minutes an interview with Liz Kendall from Labour. 

So in terms of screen time - 30 minutes to the Tories, 10 to Labour. 

Let's pick another random date. The week before. An interview with (Tory) Victoria Atkins runs for 14 minutes and is first up, Ends with an interview with Jonathan Reynolds (Labour) which lasts 9 minutes. 

I don't know why I watch Question Time when it's in Scotland.  Morbid curiosity perhaps.  It must be just poor timing but every time I watch when its in Scotland, it's from a Tory heartland town (Dumfries, Kelso).

Nothing more now than a Unionist propaganda tool with an audience full of English Tory and Labour diehards. I thought Stephen Noon was excellent and it was good to hear him reiterate the point a few times that Labour is now centre-right and a Starmer government is going to just be a Tory one.

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I don't know why I watch Question Time when it's in Scotland.  Morbid curiosity perhaps.  It must be just poor timing but every time I watch when its in Scotland, it's from a Tory heartland town (Dumfries, Kelso).

Nothing more now than a Unionist propaganda tool with an audience full of English Tory and Labour diehards. I thought Stephen Noon was excellent and it was good to hear him reiterate the point a few times that Labour is now centre-right and a Starmer government is going to just be a Tory one.

I still watch QT but it's a bit of a shit show with the constant slagging back and forth.  Far more interesting these days is Newscast which is on straight after it.  You actually get a civilised conversation/debate.  Last night as well as the presenter (who's name always escapes me) you had Thangam Deboanniar, Kirsty Blackman and a Tory Doctor MP that I've never heard of.  They actually get chance to make reasoned points without the confrontation on QT.

ETA and Chris Mason as well

Edited by Left Back

19 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I still watch QT but it's a bit of a shit show with the constant slagging back and forth.  Far more interesting these days is Newscast which is on straight after it.  You actually get a civilised conversation/debate.  Last night as well as the presenter (who's name always escapes me) you had Thangam Deboanniar, Kirsty Blackman and a Tory Doctor MP that I've never heard of.  They actually get chance to make reasoned points without the confrontation on QT.

Indeed, it turns into a bit of a rabble at times, I don't think Fiona Bruce is a good host, she's the worst at interrupting when people are trying to speak. She does this thing where a panelist is asked to answer a question, they start by giving context or background, then she pipes in saying they aren't answering the question. A lot of the time she seems to be asking for a yes or no answer.  Proper Limmy sketch vibes from her.

Edited by TheScarf

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The women in the yellow top literally said she voted for the SNP and Independence and 3 out of the 4 people that spoke pictured there have Scottish accents. The lady in the bottom left was speaking out against focusing on the centre belt under the SNP and suggested the Borders and the Highlands don't get enough attention.

2 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

The women in the yellow top literally said she voted for the SNP and Independence and 3 out of the 4 people that spoke pictured there have Scottish accents. The lady in the bottom left was speaking out against focusing on the centre belt under the SNP and suggested the Borders and the Highlands don't get enough attention.

TBH, I just found the second tweet funny, I don't care enough to have watched this week. Fiona Bruce gets on my tits

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

TBH, I just found the second tweet funny, I don't care enough to have watched this week. Fiona Bruce gets on my tits

I don't think the guy tweeting did either right enough but aye Fiona Bruce is terrible. Pretty much ruins any sort of debate that breaks out amongst the shite.

I only watched this one after seeing people online getting upset that a town 4 miles from England has people with English accents on it 😂

Went to school in Kelso. Old dear still lives there but once she's away I'd rather run a grater over my piles than set foot in that shit hole again. They should redraw the fucking border round it so all the English c***s who strangely don't seem to moan about all the free prescriptions they're able to soak up end up back where they came from. 

On 15/12/2023 at 23:53, TheScarf said:

Nothing to do with Tory heartlands.  They could have it anywhere and the same collection of freaks and weirdos would show up.

Question Time used to be good.  Not because of the panelist that you most agreed with but because of some other panelist saying something you hadn't considered.

Nowadays it is simply BBC Pravda with anyone not towing the party line being interrupted incessantly.  Utterly boring.

3 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Nothing to do with Tory heartlands.  They could have it anywhere and the same collection of freaks and weirdos would show up.

Question Time used to be good.  Not because of the panelist that you most agreed with but because of some other panelist saying something you hadn't considered.

Nowadays it is simply BBC Pravda with anyone not towing the party line being interrupted incessantly.  Utterly boring.

I agree entirely, and I stopped watching it on any regular basis a long time ago.  Nowadays if it was broadcast on the GB News channel no-one would bat an eyelid.