BBC bias

BBC Scotlands headline story today is so tinpot......

Coincidentally (not) BBC Scotland had run a documentary where they alleged that the ferries contract was rigged and fraudulent and the inquiry determined this wasnt correct.

While we can argue one way or the other about the deal, should BBC Scotland really be headlining some guy simply because his pov aligns with theirs?

image.thumb.png.c90df21f31af4108bc6cc692639a6666.png

47 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

BBC Scotlands headline story today is so tinpot......

Coincidentally (not) BBC Scotland had run a documentary where they alleged that the ferries contract was rigged and fraudulent and the inquiry determined this wasnt correct.

While we can argue one way or the other about the deal, should BBC Scotland really be headlining some guy simply because his pov aligns with theirs?

image.thumb.png.c90df21f31af4108bc6cc692639a6666.png

Even if it's true?

33 minutes ago, strichener said:

Even if it's true?

My point is that the BBC is only platforming this guy because they are in the cream puff that their documentary "scandal" "fraud" story was found to be questionable by the inquiry outcome.

His "my evidence wisnae taken seriously" story is about as "headline news" as Mrs Miggins cat being stuck up a tree in Dunfermline...............

BBC Scotland is a joke.

6 hours ago, Leith Green said:

My point is that the BBC is only platforming this guy because they are in the cream puff that their documentary "scandal" "fraud" story was found to be questionable by the inquiry outcome.

His "my evidence wisnae taken seriously" story is about as "headline news" as Mrs Miggins cat being stuck up a tree in Dunfermline...............

BBC Scotland is a joke.

As has been pointed out in the other murky thread on SNP finances, there is much to be made of the use of particular words. 

The Inquiry was setup to specifically investigate if there was fraudulent activities in the awarding of the contract.  Nobody has made the claim that fraud has been committed, certainly not the Disclosure programme.  This use of the word fraud serverly limits the scope of findings of an inquiry.  This is why an independent inquiry can still be used to obfuscate, you just set their brief to something that you already know the answer to.  However, it cannot be ignored that the blame is still put at the door of the SNP Government and Government Agencies.

In this instance the bias is not with the BBC rather it is with you making claims about BBC programs that does not stand up to scrutiny.

Edited by strichener

1 hour ago, strichener said:

As has been pointed out in the other murky thread on SNP finances, there is much to be made of the use of particular words. 

The Inquiry was setup to specifically investigate if there was fraudulent activities in the awarding of the contract.  Nobody has made the claim that fraud has been committed, certainly not the Disclosure programme.  This use of the word fraud serverly limits the scope of findings of an inquiry.  This is why an independent inquiry can still be used to obfuscate, you just set their brief to something that you already know the answer to.  However, it cannot be ignored that the blame is still put at the door of the SNP Government and Government Agencies.

In this instance the bias is not with the BBC rather it is with you making claims about BBC programs that does not stand up to scrutiny.

The reality is that almost every political party wanted the contract awarded to a Scottish contractor - there clearly was a political dimension to the decision which is conveniently forgotten. especially by the hypocrites in Scottish Labour.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HTG said:

Newsnight being fired into the sun. That'll be Victoria Derbyshire's fault for eviscerating Tories.

BBC Two's Newsnight is to be cut back and have its format overhauled as part of a plan to save money in the corporation's news department.

The long-running show will lose its dedicated reporters, be shortened by 10 minutes and drop its investigative films to focus on studio-based debates.

Just what the country needs imo.

2 hours ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Gotta streamline those carefully curated talking points and manufactured consent.

Indeed. "Did you threaten to sack Mr Lewis" becomes "Do you think he threatened to sack Mr Lewis" to some low end non-entity.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Hopefully Question Time is next.  A truly ghastly program chock full of right wing gammons and racists, and that's just the panel!

They constantly remind us that the audience is chosen in proportion to the party vote at the last general election. 

I imagine if the Tories get emptied at the next election, that rule will quickly disappear.

1 minute ago, Fullerene said:

They constantly remind us that the audience is chosen in proportion to the party vote at the last general election. 

I imagine if the Tories get emptied at the next election, that rule will quickly disappear.

That's definitely horseshit when in Scotland, 8 or 9 out of 10 audience members who speak or ask a question are clearly unionists.

Scottish education performance falling, says study - BBC News

I've no argument that our PISA ratings are shit and should be better.

But I noticed a wee 'error' in the BBC report.

The graph doesn't seem to have the same figures as the text. In the graph it shows the average at 480, well above Scotland's score. In the text, it's 472, which is much closer. How many folk will just look at the graph?

image.thumb.png.abef55ffd7b53ff6537909a39eeec617.png

19 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Scottish education performance falling, says study - BBC News

I've no argument that our PISA ratings are shit and should be better.

But I noticed a wee 'error' in the BBC report.

The graph doesn't seem to have the same figures as the text. In the graph it shows the average at 480, well above Scotland's score. In the text, it's 472, which is much closer. How many folk will just look at the graph?

image.thumb.png.abef55ffd7b53ff6537909a39eeec617.png

In a study of maths results, you'd think they'd state which average they are using.

On 30/11/2023 at 09:36, TheScarf said:

That's definitely horseshit when in Scotland, 8 or 9 out of 10 audience members who speak or ask a question are clearly unionists.

Especially true in the Elgin programme where the SNP were constantly attacked by an audience packed with unionist plants.

In the 2019 GE Douglas Ross just made it with a 513 majority over the SNP's Laura Mitchell, so the Moray vote was almost split in half between the tories and SNP.

Yet there was not a bona fide SNP member in that programme.

The BBC later issued a formal apology to the SNP over one nasty criticism from one unionist purporting to be an SNP member.

Edited by SandyCromarty

23 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Especially true in the Elgin programme where the SNP were constantly attacked by an audience packed with unionist plants.

In the 2019 GE Douglas Ross just made it with a 513 majority over the SNP's Laura Mitchell, so the Moray vote was almost split in half between the tories and SNP.

Yet there was not a bona fide SNP member in that programme.

The BBC later issued a formal apology to the SNP over one nasty criticism from one unionist purporting to be an SNP member.

The SNP member of the panel, I can't remember who it was, even said he recognised a few Tory campaigners in the audience.  

God, I haven't seen Laura Mitchell for years, she used to go to a load of The Caley games back in the day on the supporters buses.

This one?

During the programme, many Conservative politicians and activists were reported to have been on the programme. They include:

Mary Scanlon – a Conservative MSP from 1999 to 2016
Claire Feaver – a Conservative councillor for Moray Council
Frank Brown – a Conservative councillor for Moray Council
Jane Lax – An honoury member and activist for the Moray Conservatives
Ian Lax – An honoury member and activist for the Moray Conservatives
At one point in the programme, presenter Fiona Bruce questioned the audience to see if there was actually any SNP and/or independence supporters in the audience. Only eight people lifted their hands up.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/2019-elgin-question-time-controversy