BBC bias

18 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

So how are we all going to die from this? What exactly is climate change going to cause that will lead to Armageddon? 

There's a tipping point when it comes to climate change. A point of no return where it will no longer matter what actions we take to reduce carbon emissions. This is what they're talking about when you hear the term "run away greenhouse effect". Once we reach that point, carbon will continue to choke the atmosphere making things increasingly hotter. Ironically however, once the carbon in the air reaches a certain level, it will begin to block out the sun, leading to a major global cooling. This will be an extinction level event as there will be no photosynthesis without sunlight. No photosynthesis = no more food production.

But who cares right? It's not going to happen in your lifetime. Leave it to the children and grandchildren to burn and suffocate, before being subsequently starved and frozen.

image.png.60d5707850c4a4ec1d0a8a80453bf206.png

You'll have to explain this to me, have they stopped using weather stations to measure temperature? 1.25 to 2 metres high?

Like this one?

330px-Stevenson_screen_exterior.JPG

Edited by welshbairn

16 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

You’re on the same page as any other religious nut who predicts the end of the world constantly. 

Just one question - see if climate change is a myth and it’s all a conspiracy, who is it being perpetrated by and to what end?

10 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Just one question - see if climate change is a myth and it’s all a conspiracy, who is it being perpetrated by and to what end?

The Great Lakes region is pretty sorted for fresh water come what may so I reckon Chicago estate agents. 

ETA - and the end being that estate agents are all c***s. 

Edited by carpetmonster

13 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Jeff Bezos and that Microsoft guy that wants to inject your kids with autism.

3 hours ago, BTFD said:

I remember thinking the same thing years ago about the Sport section, roughly around the time that Scottish clubs outwith the top tier stopped getting their own news pages. For some time, it looks like they've been trying to go down the route of funnelling people towards the articles that have been getting the most views, and there's an element of clickbait language entering their titles. This isn't something a publicly-owned media organisation should need to do; presumably there's pressure from the top to get ready for having to survive in an environment where that's no longer the case.

They ave a FULL  section on a welsh team now, reporting their friendlies.

I probably click Jock sports section before you wake up, however over the last few weeks, there is actually nothing to click, it's gone, turns up about 5am uk time, by then I',m reading about 'rry kane and cricket. forgot Lions so we 're

On 28/07/2023 at 06:49, Balde Bairn said:

What do we think of the BBC reporting falsely that the fires in south Europe are a result of “global warming” when in actual fact it was arsonists? They seem to keep quiet about that. Also lied about the temperature, took it from the ground where it is always warmer. Turns out temperatures in southern Europe really aren’t extraordinary at all. 

Hiya Neil, hiya pal.

3 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

I would suggest Fan rather than fans - undoubtedly the latest incarnation of @Dawson Park Boy.

We'll know if he admits to knowing nothing about the subject, then turns up in another thread spouting the exact same ignorant pish later on, probably quoting his awful wife's opinions in the process.

Not really a case of bias here as BBC have simply quoted the Polish PM but it's a bit disappointing they don't give the reader the relevant context to those remarks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66347370

The Polish PM claims Wagner are going to funnel Asian migrants from Belarus into Poland. This will be a "hybrid attack on Polish territory", supposedly.

There's no evidence to suggest this is going to happen. Wagner are mass-raping, mass-murdering, mass-torturing terrorists. However, they're not in the business of rounding up migrants and catapulting them over borders.

Poland have a rotten record on how they treat Asian migrants trying to enter from Belarus and that record long predates Wagner's arrival in Belarus.

On February 22, Polish authorities found the dead body of 26-year-old Ahmed Al-Shawafi in the Bialowieza forest in eastern Poland, in a hard-to-access area full of marshes. Ahmed was travelling with a larger group that included children, who were pushed back into Belarus by the Polish border authorities, according to their accounts.

(https://balkaninsight.com/2022/03/03/selective-sympathy-polands-contrasting-treatment-of-those-seeking-refuge/).

This is just another excuse for them to continue that policy. Asian migrants trying to enter from Belarus are now going to be further stigmatised and criminalised as having been "sent by Wagner". 

Edited by FreedomFarter

On 28/07/2023 at 04:49, Balde Bairn said:

What do we think of the BBC reporting falsely that the fires in south Europe are a result of “global warming” when in actual fact it was arsonists? They seem to keep quiet about that. Also lied about the temperature, took it from the ground where it is always warmer. Turns out temperatures in southern Europe really aren’t extraordinary at all. 

I think you'll find it's you who is spreading falsehoods.

On 29/07/2023 at 11:11, welshbairn said:

You'll have to explain this to me, have they stopped using weather stations to measure temperature? 1.25 to 2 metres high?

Like this one?

330px-Stevenson_screen_exterior.JPG

I think you are quoting me quoting another poster, I didn't make that claim !

On 29/07/2023 at 11:10, StellarHibee said:

There's a tipping point when it comes to climate change. A point of no return where it will no longer matter what actions we take to reduce carbon emissions. This is what they're talking about when you hear the term "run away greenhouse effect". Once we reach that point, carbon will continue to choke the atmosphere making things increasingly hotter. Ironically however, once the carbon in the air reaches a certain level, it will begin to block out the sun, leading to a major global cooling. This will be an extinction level event as there will be no photosynthesis without sunlight. No photosynthesis = no more food production.

But who cares right? It's not going to happen in your lifetime. Leave it to the children and grandchildren to burn and suffocate, before being subsequently starved and frozen.

What carbon is this, do you mean C02 and what is this certain level?

C02  is measure in the air in ppm (parts per million) at the moment is around 416 ppm and it has been a lot more than that during the Earth's history and the planet has been a lot warmer than it is now and still supported a wealth of life.

Can you quote where you got that info from on the sentence I highlighted. I have never seen this from any genuine scientific source yet, genually interested. 🙂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-66448432

It doesn't take long before the report says "It is operated by National Records of Scotland (NRS), an official arm of the Scottish government."

Reading the various other reports about recent data leaks and hacks at PSNI and the Electoral Commission there is no attempt to tie the various bodies to a specific Govt. Funny that.

1 hour ago, Soapy FFC said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-66448432

It doesn't take long before the report says "It is operated by National Records of Scotland (NRS), an official arm of the Scottish government."

Reading the various other reports about recent data leaks and hacks at PSNI and the Electoral Commission there is no attempt to tie the various bodies to a specific Govt. Funny that.

Whilst what happened is not acceptable there is absolutely no proportionality in that reporting.