BBC bias

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but the axing of the Mash Report is apparently being out down to the BBC cracking down on left wing comedy rather than the fact the Mash Report is bad and has tiny viewing figures, with few in the target audience of young ‘uns.

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but the axing of the Mash Report is apparently being out down to the BBC cracking down on left wing comedy rather than the fact the Mash Report is bad and has tiny viewing figures, with few in the target audience of young ‘uns.

The Daily Mash is great. The Mash Report is fucking shite. Yeah, they were left wing but they carried it off with an completely minimal level of wit.

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I just read about that. The show was indeed pretty pish,  but the right-wing papers.....the champions of 'free speech'.....are glorying in the fact that a 'left wing woke comedy' show has been axed. 

We live in dangerous times. There's no doubt at all that there are forces at work in the media, newspapers and in politics that are determined to quieten all voices that are not right-wing. 

Just now, Bob Mahelp said:

I just read about that. The show was indeed pretty pish,  but the right-wing papers.....the champions of 'free speech'.....are glorying in the fact that a 'left wing woke comedy' show has been axed. 

We live in dangerous times. There's no doubt at all that there are forces at work in the media, newspapers and in politics that are determined to quieten all voices that are not right-wing. 

Let's be fair. If there was a right wing version of the Mash Report on BBC, large portions of the left and left wing media would have lost their fucking minds.

Guest Bob Mahelp
28 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Let's be fair. If there was a right wing version of the Mash Report on BBC, large portions of the left and left wing media would have lost their fucking minds.

There is, it's called the Nine 'clock news...

In all seriousness though, given that the Chairman of the BBC is a card-carrying Tory, and Paul Dacre is about to be appointed the head of Ofcom, the blocks are in place for the gradual right-wing takeover of the British media.

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Johnson has been very clear about his intent to attack the BBC....and when the right talk about free speech, they don't actually mean 'free speech'. They mean for all other opinions to be censored. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

they don't actually mean 'free speech'. They mean for all other opinions to be censored. 

It may be put in different words but all I'm saying is that's not a unique characteristic of the right by any means.

Quite happy for her to continue.
Most folks I know are sick of the sight of her.
Shes suffering from too much exposure, especially after all the recent hullabaloo.
Perhaps a bit of truth in that, but come April when she announces the Euros are coming and then the subsequent lifting of restrictions she will be loved [emoji106]

4 hours ago, Stormzy said:

What's controversial about the Quilliam Foundation? 

They're funded by neocons and arch-conservatives like the Tea Party and have did a good job of aiding the realignment of the far right and increasing the general feeling of Islamophobia in the country. Whether that's deliberate or not is for people more familiar with Maajid Mawaz's oeuvre to say. 

12 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

They're funded by neocons and arch-conservatives like the Tea Party and have did a good job of aiding the realignment of the far right and increasing the general feeling of Islamophobia in the country. Whether that's deliberate or not is for people more familiar with Maajid Mawaz's oeuvre to say. 

I don't know what any of those things are so I'll have to take your word for it. I always thought they were trying to reduce Islamophobia so just quite surprised they could be seen to be doing the opposite, I only was briefly aware of them from Maajid Nawaz who posts a lot of good content on Twitter, some shite too of course. 

59 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I don't know what any of those things are so I'll have to take your word for it. I always thought they were trying to reduce Islamophobia so just quite surprised they could be seen to be doing the opposite, I only was briefly aware of them from Maajid Nawaz who posts a lot of good content on Twitter, some shite too of course. 

Arun Kundnani wrote a good book called "The Muslims are Coming!" about how even well-meaning liberal attempts at counter-extremism end up fuelling islamophobia. Not to take Yaxley-Lennon at his word either but he claims Qulliam paid him to say they deradicalised him.

On 12/03/2021 at 13:46, ICTChris said:

It's always interesting how satire gets up the nose of politicians. Almost as if they take themselves too seriously and can't stand to be laughed at.

I also like what Peter Cook said when started The Establishment Club in the 1960s: "It's based on all those Weimar era satirical clubs that did so much to prevent the rise of the Nazis"

A gentle hint; why don't you spend more time reading and informing yourself, and less time on here posting. I'd call that a win/win.

Tonight's BBC Scotland edition of Sportscene published the contemporaneous top tier league table.

Instead of listing 1-12, they chose to replace "1" with "C".

Incontrovertible evidence, if any was needed, that the BBC are auntie establishment.

14 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
9 hours ago, Stormzy said:

A gentle hint; why don't you spend more time reading and informing yourself, and less time on here posting. I'd call that a win/win.

Imagine typing that out and actually pressing "submit reply" 😂

I'm going to have to presume you are well read on everything that has ever existed...

19 hours ago, NotThePars said:

18 hours ago, Stormzy said:

9 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
18 hours ago, Stormzy said:

I know about the Republican Tea Party.

Had never hear of Quilliam or Nawaz.

Ouvre - that French for an open egg?

2/3 out for me - got more reading to do myself.....