BBC bias

1 hour ago, BucksburnDandy said:

The difference in the leaders interviews on Radio Scotland is stark.

Last week, Nicola Sturgeon was constantly interrupted and put under some good pressure.

Today, Murray Ross was put under zero pressure.

Things like this that lead to folk being swivel eyed about the BBC.

yeah he did get off quite lightly but was NS not interviewed by Robertson and DR today was interviewed by Hayley Millar? I see Robertson normally gets a rough ride from indy supporters on social media etc but on the whole I find him quite fair and equally fierce with all political guest - notwithstanding a few of colour moments. 

In saying that, surprisingly Kaye Adams was quite a bit more forceful with DR who was a guest on her phone-in. 

7 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Last week, Nicola Sturgeon was constantly interrupted and put under some good pressure.

Yet Galloway with a straight face says they are SNP-centric.

You couldn't make it up.

8 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

I actually thought that her line of questioning was quite smart.

She concentrated on his boss, his uk tory party and gave him enough rope to tie himself up.

The questions didn't make it so easy for him to revert to his tiresome buzz words.

yeah he did get off quite lightly but was NS not interviewed by Robertson and DR today was interviewed by Hayley Millar? I see Robertson normally gets a rough ride from indy supporters on social media etc but on the whole I find him quite fair and equally fierce with all political guest - notwithstanding a few of colour moments. 
In saying that, surprisingly Kaye Adams was quite a bit more forceful with DR who was a guest on her phone-in. 
Aye that makes a difference. Albeit it is Laura Maxwell these days, Hayley was deservedly relegated from GMS. Have to admit Gary Robertson is a very good interviewer, I like that he is even handed and equally fierce. I thought Maxwell gave Ross too much room after her questioning today. Call Kaye did do alright for her standards.
I actually thought that her line of questioning was quite smart.
She concentrated on his boss, his uk tory party and gave him enough rope to tie himself up.
The questions didn't make it so easy for him to revert to his tiresome buzz words.

Possibly but she gave Ross too much room to rattle off generic answers rather than put him under pressure when he started waffling pish, which he did.

Not really an issue of bias, but indifference to anything outwith the Westminster Bubble over the Alba party standing for the Holyrood elections - none of the commentators from down south that I've heard so far seem to realize that by standing only in the List category they aren't gonna do the SNP much harm directly.

Small potatoes maybe but we're part of the first B in BBC.

1 hour ago, cyderspaceman said:

Thank you, but I actually considered that and decided to adopt a BBC style of commenting. i.e. erroneous.  

I thought a pedant would pull me up. The pedant is usually me.

Other examples include

1. Royal Leamington Spa, England
  2. Royal Berkshire, England
  3. Royal Deeside

BBC currently outdoing North Korea in its wall-to-wall coverage of the death of a pure-blood. It’s times like this you realise what a Ruritanian state the UK is. You’d think no no other Duke of Edinburgh, Earl of Merioneth, Baron Greenwich, Royal Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Extra Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle, Member of the Order of Merit, Grand Master and First and Principal Knight Grand Cross of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, Knight of the Order of Australia, Additional Member of the Order of New Zealand, Extra Companion of the Queen’s Service Order, Royal Chief of the Order of Logohu, Extraordinary Companion of the Order of Canada, Extraordinary Commander of the Order of Military Merit, Lord of Her Majesty’s Most Honourable Privy Council, Privy Councillor of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada, Personal Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty, and Lord High Admiral of the United Kingdom had ever popped his clogs.

4 hours ago, Antlion said:

BBC currently outdoing North Korea in its wall-to-wall coverage of the death of a pure-blood. It’s times like this you realise what a Ruritanian state the UK is. You’d think no no other Duke of Edinburgh, Earl of Merioneth, Baron Greenwich, Royal Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Extra Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle, Member of the Order of Merit, Grand Master and First and Principal Knight Grand Cross of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, Knight of the Order of Australia, Additional Member of the Order of New Zealand, Extra Companion of the Queen’s Service Order, Royal Chief of the Order of Logohu, Extraordinary Companion of the Order of Canada, Extraordinary Commander of the Order of Military Merit, Lord of Her Majesty’s Most Honourable Privy Council, Privy Councillor of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada, Personal Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty, and Lord High Admiral of the United Kingdom had ever popped his clogs.

Never mind all that guff... you should see the scenes here in Edinburgh where the populace are rioting in the streets because we no longer have a Duke.  I've just seen an ice cream van in flames rolling down a street and there are crowds self-flagellating in Leith (mind you, it's Leith, so that might well be normal for a Friday night). How on Earth are we supposed to carry on amid such a catastrophic loss?  Please, please, all you good people... think of us and send us the necessary resources to rebuild our shattered society.  We MUST rebuild. 

BBC's John Beattie turned out to be an arse on his Radio Scotland show this afternoon, he had MSP's on from the different Scottish parties and he asked the question, "What would your Party do to Improve the Health of the Nation" the SNP woman answered that they would increase their budget, immediately came back with, "You've had 14 years in power and done nothing, it's flatlined" what right does he have during an election process to make comments to suit his politics, he is just a talking head not the SNP's opposition.

7 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

BBC's John Beattie turned out to be an arse on his Radio Scotland show this afternoon, he had MSP's on from the different Scottish parties and he asked the question, "What would your Party do to Improve the Health of the Nation" the SNP woman answered that they would increase their budget, immediately came back with, "You've had 14 years in power and done nothing, it's flatlined" what right does he have during an election process to make comments to suit his politics, he is just a talking head not the SNP's opposition.

I thought he was well entitled to mention it. 

Mans a fanny, best ignored

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Was he wrong?  It isn't bias pointing out facts.  Your complaining about it makes you sound like a child.

4 minutes ago, strichener said:

Was he wrong?  It isn't bias pointing out facts.  Your complaining about it makes you sound like a child.

Yes. He lacked balance.

That he gave the snp speaker an additional last word recovered the balance.

But we're missing the greatest calumny in the short debate...

Beattie opened by asking each of the contributors if they were taking enough exercise.

Representing labour was Jackie Baillie.

10 minutes ago, sophia said:

Yes. He lacked balance.

That he gave the snp speaker an additional last word recovered the balance.

But we're missing the greatest calumny in the short debate...

Beattie opened by asking each of the contributors if they were taking enough exercise.

Representing labour was Jackie Baillie.

I don't notice imbalance when Beattie is involved, he's the only one from the BBC that tries to play fair. 

Others would have talked over her last point or not allowed her to say her piece, so it's flatlined, No we're upping our spending from £50m to £100m, felt like a wee tap in to me.