Players a bit unlucky not to have more capso

7 minutes ago, forameus said:

Maybe, but the way we play I'm not sure we can afford that kind of luxury.  If we can get our defence looking a bit more solid, and needing less protection from the midfield, it might be possible.  I'd prefer having 11 players on the pitch who can work hard enough as a unit that we don't need to worry about relying on someone that can hit a dead ball.

I agree that his time has most likely gone but in the past under Strachan  when you are looking for quality delivery in the last 10/15 minutes he is right up there. Will be interesting to see see midfield wise who Mcleish goes with now with Brown finished and Fletcher probably not too far behind him, there arent really any nailed on starters at the moment.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back a bit but Saints had some decent players in the early to mid 80's who never got capped at all until they were transferred - Frank McAvennie, Steve Clarke & Ian Ferguson.

McAvennie in particular said it was a factor in moving altough I suppose money and the sheer number of burdz in London must've mattered too.

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:29, John Lambies Doos said:

Chic Charnley should have been capped. He was one of the most technically gifted midfielders playing in Scotland during 90s. His reputation was what held him back

Chic Charnley - Bottom 6  at best, his right foot was useless so I challenge  the claim that he was  "one of the most technically gifted midfielders playing in Scotland during 90s", selfish (not a team player) he was relegated a number of times but never played in a side that got promoted.

I blame him for us not getting promoted in 92/93 , not in the same class as the three I named.

On 10/03/2018 at 15:42, Peppino Impastato said:

Or any, or were underused etc

Derek Riordan

Lee Wallace

Stephen hammell is that his name Motherwell lb

On 10/03/2018 at 15:46, Peppino Impastato said:

Russell Anderson

Mark Reynolds

On 10/03/2018 at 16:23, Peppino Impastato said:

George Boyd

I don't think your in a position to tell folk they aren't qualified to comment on football matters.  George fucking Boyd :lol:

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think your in a position to tell folk they aren't qualified to comment on football matters.  George fucking Boyd :lol:

You're an idiot.  Boyd has played more games in the epl than virtually every player available to us except Fletcher.  You really don't have a clue what you're talking about.

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

Mark Reynolds is the most hillarious suggestion for me. Even though we have the shittest centrebacks we have probably ever had he still doesn't get a game. 

You want our national team shut down so this discussion doesn't concern you.

Reynolds was first choice for years in one of the best defences in the country and had real pace and was left sided.  Very unlucky not to get some caps.

2 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

You're an idiot.  Boyd has played more games in the epl than virtually every player available to us except Fletcher.  You really don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Stephen Hammell :lol:

Derek Riordan :lol:

5 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Valid comparison.  I can't be bothered explaining to people who probably didn't even get a game for their fkn school team.

Whereas it's quite fun conversing with a VL fantasist who likes to think he was a player, despite only getting a game for "their fkn school team".  You're absolutely fucking tragic champ.

4 minutes ago, forameus said:

Whereas it's quite fun conversing with a VL fantasist who likes to think he was a player, despite only getting a game for "their fkn school team".  You're absolutely fucking tragic champ.

I got paid money to play football champ. You never got picked for your school team.  One of us knows what they're talking about and it isn't you.

7 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I got paid money to play football champ. You never got picked for your school team.  One of us knows what they're talking about and it isn't you.

No, you really didn't.  And until you provide any kind of proof to the contrary, you'll continue to seem like a desperate sad-act who just desperately wants to seem interesting, but is too thick to do that without seeming like a complete bell-end.

Oh and by the way, you're right I didn't get picked by my school team, but that's only because I was off in space at the time being an astronaut for the President.  Was a wee bit busy.  And I got published.  Twice.  

You know, after saying that, making embarrassing shite up is even less fun than you make it seem.

19 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Aye, everyone except Fletcher. And Russell Martin. And James McArthur. And James Morrison. And Robert Snodgrass. And Steven Fletcher. And Steven Naismith. And Charlie Adam. And Phil Bardsley. And Graeme Dorrans.

You’re a fucking imbecile.

Archived