Players a bit unlucky not to have more capso

12 minutes ago, forameus said:

No, you really didn't.  And until you provide any kind of proof to the contrary, you'll continue to seem like a desperate sad-act who just desperately wants to seem interesting, but is too thick to do that without seeming like a complete bell-end.

Oh and by the way, you're right I didn't get picked by my school team, but that's only because I was off in space at the time being an astronaut for the President.  Was a wee bit busy.  And I got published.  Twice.  

You know, after saying that, making embarrassing shite up is even less fun than you make it seem.

Lol you really didn't get picked for your school team.  Wow.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Aye, everyone except Fletcher. And Russell Martin. And James McArthur. And James Morrison. And Robert Snodgrass. And Steven Fletcher. And Steven Naismith. And Charlie Adam. And Phil Bardsley. And Graeme Dorrans.

You’re a fucking imbecile.

Whatever he's still played tons of football at a very good level much better than many players with lots of caps.  It's hardly a ridiculous suggestion.

Just now, Peppino Impastato said:

Lol you really didn't get picked for your school team.  Wow.

Yeah, because I was in space, did you not read that bit?  But don't worry, I imagined I did with all my heart, and maybe one day, if I keep at it, I can be as cool as you.

Just now, Peppino Impastato said:

Whatever he's still played tons of football at a very good level much better than many players with lots of caps.  It's hardly a ridiculous suggestion.

Surely you didn't just get something completely wrong again?  Was it just a turn of phrase again?  Like calling England a quarter final team, or wondering whether players deserve more "capso"?

Just now, forameus said:

Yeah, because I was in space, did you not read that bit?  But don't worry, I imagined I did with all my heart, and maybe one day, if I keep at it, I can be as cool as you.

Surely you didn't just get something completely wrong again?  Was it just a turn of phrase again?  Like calling England a quarter final team, or wondering whether players deserve more "capso"?

You're one of those losers who couldn't get picked for their school team.  This is big boys talk stick to making the half time juice champ.

8 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Steve Clarke, 6 caps for Scotland. Won the cup winners cup, FA cup and league cup with Chelsea. Over 300 appearances for them. 

Ross Mccormack, and Jordan Rhodes more recently regularly scored in championship and hardly got a sniff. 

Yeah we really missed out with guys like McCormack, Rhodes and Kris boyd.  At various stages all three of them were really rattling them in and they were completely ignored in favour of Kenny miller.

This from a country that hasn't qualified for anything for twenty years and has struggled to score goals for 25.  The conventional wisdom was always miller runs like fk works the channels quick blah blah blah we can't accommodate Boyd if we only play one etc but at the end of the day he scored goals and they're quite important in football.  Miller couldn't score in a bucket of fannies.

So we persisted for years qualified for fk all and you look back now it seems it might have been a good idea to try to accommodate someone like Boyd or McCormack instead of just talking about what they can't do and dismissing them.

Yeah we really missed out with guys like McCormack, Rhodes and Kris boyd.  At various stages all three of them were really rattling them in and they were completely ignored in favour of Kenny miller.
This from a country that hasn't qualified for anything for twenty years and has struggled to score goals for 25.  The conventional wisdom was always miller runs like fk works the channels quick blah blah blah we can't accommodate Boyd if we only play one etc but at the end of the day he scored goals and they're quite important in football.  Miller couldn't score in a bucket of fannies.
So we persisted for years qualified for fk all and you look back now it seems it might have been a good idea to try to accommodate someone like Boyd or McCormack instead of just talking about what they can't do and dismissing them.

Miller did well - similar hit rate to Dalglish. That's pretty good considering his selection also allowed us to commit every other player to defence. I do agree that we underused Boyd etc in games where there was less need to be so conservative. The Liechtenstein debacle was not the fault of Boyd, McFadden or Miller, it was a team failure, orchestrated by Levein.

9 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Miller did well - similar hit rate to Dalglish. That's pretty good considering his selection also allowed us to commit every other player to defence. I do agree that we underused Boyd etc in games where there was less need to be so conservative. The Liechtenstein debacle was not the fault of Boyd, McFadden or Miller, it was a team failure, orchestrated by Levein.

Miller did fkn horrendous, stats can be very misleading.  We could do that with any striker playing z the difference being if a chance fell to Boyd he'd likely bury it, miller wouldn't.  Could have made a difference.

Miller did fkn horrendous, stats can be very misleading.  We could do that with any striker playing z the difference being if a chance fell to Boyd he'd likely bury it, miller wouldn't.  Could have made a difference.

Miller was a far better player than Boyd, Rhodes and McCormack.

Generally Boyd scored against utter dross.

We would have been unlikely to create any chances with Boyd up front himself, given that Miller had to single handedly drag us up the park most of the time. There’s a reason Miller played at a higher level than any of the three of them.

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Miller was a far better player than Boyd, Rhodes and McCormack.

Generally Boyd scored against utter dross.

We would have been unlikely to create any chances with Boyd up front himself, given that Miller had to single handedly drag us up the park most of the time. There’s a reason Miller played at a higher level than any of the three of them.

Miller had like one season in the epl where he scored two goals.  Don't talk pish.  I can't be bothered educating you on the rest.  

That's such a simplistic view. Boyd could have been useful in certain games but think of the Italy 2005 game: Miller bulleted in a header then ran their defence ragged for the rest of the game. Boyd might well have scored the header too (it was a Boydesque chance), but the rest of the game would have been all Italy.

1 minute ago, Gordopolis said:

That's such a simplistic view. Boyd could have been useful in certain games but think of the Italy 2005 game: Miller bulleted in a header then ran their defence ragged for the rest of the game. Boyd might well have scored the header too (it was a Boydesque chance), but the rest of the game would have been all Italy.

Did we win that game?  Or qualify for that tournament?

Did we win that game?  Or qualify for that tournament?

My point was that with a Boyd or similar up front we would probably have lost that game. You know that though, and are just seeking another thread spoiling squabble.

2 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

My point was that with a Boyd or similar up front we would probably have lost that game. You know that though, and are just seeking another thread spoiling squabble.

But we lost it anyway so it's hardly a vindication of the tactics and we didn't qualify.

How many goals did miller score in his best three seasons?

24 Wolves
22 Rangers
21 Rangers
21 Rangers
20 Wolves

Boyd hit 31 once, 26 twice, 25 and 22, all for Rangers, all domestic - for a side who don't really have to worry too much about keeping it tight at the back.

How many Euro goals did Boyd score? How many in England or abroad?

He's a better finisher than Miller no doubt, but an inferior all round player. But with your sagely knowledge of the game, you get that.

Archived