QOS V League Leaders

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wasn't getting irate though? Was just stating that my personal opinion is people who bet against their own team are the worst.

If it didn't bother you, why feel the need to post such a pointless statement?

If it didn't bother you, why feel the need to post such a pointless statement?

So I'm only to post when something bothers me? Why do you feel the need to keep replying when I've clearly stated it's just an opinion? You're boring me now.

So I'm only to post when something bothers me? Why do you feel the need to keep replying when I've clearly stated it's just an opinion? You're boring me now.

You posted something completely out of context. It was clearly a pop at me (and/or palmy_cammy) for mentioning betting on St Mirren tomorrow. Here's an idea: if you don't want a respons then maybe cut out the passive aggresion.

You posted something completely out of context. It was clearly a pop at me (and/or palmy_cammy) for mentioning betting on St Mirren tomorrow. Here's an idea: if you don't want a respons then maybe cut out the passive aggresion.

Clearly it was. You're a bright cookie aren't you? I never said i didn't want a response.
It just really doesn't make sense. You put a bet on because you want it to come in to win money do you not? So you want us to get beat? So really, even if we lose you're happy? If that's what being a fan to you is then good for you. I'm just curious, and baffled at the same time.

Clearly it was. You're a bright cookie aren't you? I never said i didn't want a response.

It just really doesn't make sense. You put a bet on because you want it to come in to win money do you not? So you want us to get beat? So really, even if we lose you're happy? If that's what being a fan to you is then good for you. I'm just curious, and baffled at the same time.

I've put a bet on because I think St Mirren will beat us -1. St Mirren are flying, we are gutter, Dobbie is probably out and St Mirren are a good price. Why wouldn't I want a punt on it? When you're old enough to gamble you'll understand. I want us to win, but if the bet comes in it'll make the defeat a bit softer.

Continue to tell me what "being a fan" is though. I assume over two decades of putting money into the club means nothing if I'm putting a bet on against us, in your rosey world?

I've put a bet on because I think St Mirren will beat us -1. St Mirren are flying, we are gutter, Dobbie is probably out and St Mirren are a good price. Why wouldn't I want a punt on it? When you're old enough to gamble you'll understand. I want us to win, but if the bet comes in it'll make the defeat a bit softer.

Continue to tell me what "being a fan" is though. I assume over two decades of putting money into the club means nothing if I'm putting a bet on against us, in your rosey world?

Disappointed I stayed up for such a reply like this. I'm 28 and have worked in a bookies for 5 year so I know all about gambling, thanks for your concern though.
For me, even if St Mirren were 5/1 to win, I still wouldn't back against us. That's just me though. You're obviously a pro at betting against us so you know what you're talking about I suppose.

Disappointed I stayed up for such a reply like this. I'm 28 and have worked in a bookies for 5 year so I know all about gambling, thanks for your concern though.
For me, even if St Mirren were 5/1 to win, I still wouldn't back against us. That's just me though. You're obviously a pro at betting against us so you know what you're talking about I suppose.

If you wouldn't touch St Mirren at 5/1 then you're either full of it or you're a moron.

41 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

2591247.jpg

50 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

Is there a cut off for your "loyalty"?

50/1 . 100/1, 1000/1.

Just curious. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Absolutely. As we all know, betting against your own side has a direct bearing on how well they will perform.

i never bet on my own team at all , not even on the Team To Score  coupon ,  i always get the feeling i'm tempting fate . But folk are  allowed to  spend their cash as they like.

i never bet on my own team at all , not even on the Team To Score  coupon ,  i always get the feeling i'm tempting fate . But folk are  allowed to  spend their cash as they like.

I rarely back my own team as it's a double whammy if they lose. Backing against them at least softens the blow. I've backed Dobbie on numerous occasions in the last couple of seasons. Rarely lets me down :wub:

So now we've got the betting and personal spat out of the way can we get back to today's game?

Stating the obvious, I can only see us getting something if we keep it really tight and hope for another Thomas peach or something from a set piece. Won't be great to watch but we haven't been anything else of late. Will we get the first hour out of Del?

So now we've got the betting and personal spat out of the way can we get back to today's game?
Stating the obvious, I can only see us getting something if we keep it really tight and hope for another Thomas peach or something from a set piece. Won't be great to watch but we haven't been anything else of late. Will we get the first hour out of Del?

I don’t think that is stating anything obvious. We aren’t good enough to “keep it tight”.

Our best chance of a win is to try and score more goals than the opposition. The same as any other week.

Given that scoring twice wasn’t enough to beat St Mirren here last time I’m not confident. If this wind keeps up it could make things interesting though.

Maybe worth giving a 3-5-2 a shot again today?

Leighfield
Brownlie Fordyce Cameron
Mercer Jacobs Marshall
Thomson Thomas
Lyle Fergusson

44 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I don’t think that is stating anything obvious. We aren’t good enough to “keep it tight”.

Our best chance of a win is to try and score more goals than the opposition. The same as any other week.

Given that scoring twice wasn’t enough to beat St Mirren here last time I’m not confident. If this wind keeps up it could make things interesting though.

Maybe worth giving a 3-5-2 a shot again today?

Leighfield
Brownlie Fordyce Cameron
Mercer Jacobs Marshall
Thomson Thomas
Lyle Fergusson

On paper their firepower looks a lot more potent than ours though.

16 minutes ago, Hawk said:

On paper their firepower looks a lot more potent than ours though.

Which makes the strategy of the team with the third-worse defensive record in the league "keeping it tight" against such firepower all the more ridiculous.

Archived