Mike Tyson

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It has to be unanimous to convict.  I honestly can't be bothered just now and hoped this wouldn't descend into he's a eapist chat since he's clearly not but will explain why I believe him to be innocent later.
Interestingly, Tyson is probably the most honest person ever to walk the face of the earth, and he says something very interesting in his book. 
He says he never raped anybody, but has done seven things worse than rape.  Now what's worse than rape?  Could only really be murder.  So he's basically confessing to having killed seven people in his crazy youth, or been involved in the deaths of.  That's the only thing it could be imo.

Ooft, go on, tell us you ken him!

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Heavyweights like Tyson fought guys who were 40 pounds heavier than them and 8 inches taller.  Boxers from other weight divisions don't have to do that as they'd be fighting in a different weight.  Therefore'pound for pound' is utter shite.  And stats in sports are very misleading, Tyson last three fights shouldn't even have been sanctioned he was so out of shape and just needed the money.  Yet they're counted.

He was the youngest heavyweight champion of all time and at his best knocks out anyone ever to have laced up the gloves.  

So let me get this straight 

1. Stats are misleading 

2. Since when did height limits come into consideration in boxing ? 

3. “Pound for Pound is utter shite”, yet it’s what all boxing experts , mich more qualified than you or I base their findings on

4. Tyson’s own fault for being out of shape, probably due to his time in prison as a convicted rapist 

5. Agree he was the youngest heavyweight champ of all time with a great KO record , but this doesn’t automatically make him the greatest 

6. If I could be arsed I’d find stats of other heavyweights who were better that him, but no point as “ stats are very misleading “

7. You’re making yourself look like a total walloper 

Heavyweights like Tyson fought guys who were 40 pounds heavier than them and 8 inches taller.  Boxers from other weight divisions don't have to do that as they'd be fighting in a different weight.  Therefore'pound for pound' is utter shite.  And stats in sports are very misleading, Tyson last three fights shouldn't even have been sanctioned he was so out of shape and just needed the money.  Yet they're counted.

He was the youngest heavyweight champion of all time and at his best knocks out anyone ever to have laced up the gloves.  

Mate, anyone making unequivocal statements like this having done zero research about it except watched the news twenty years ago is a fkn moron m. You literally have no clue what you're talking about and your entire argument rests on a seemingly held belief that nobody ever got wrongly convicted of anything anywhere ever.  Spend ten minutes looking into it you'll agree with me.

50 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

There was no substance to what you wrote except he got convicted so that's totally watertight nobody has ever been wrongly convicted in the history of the world.  If you were actually interested in intellectual vigour you'd do a little research.  Even his fkn jurors say they think he was innocent now lol.  Meaning he'd be acquitted.

48 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

No there are lots of factors, if anyone is genuinely interested in finding out rather than playing the fanny you can find out on Google in ten minutes.  

22 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

You've done no research and know nothing about it other than he was convicted.  I have read quite a lot about it including both his appeals and court transcripts and believe, along with several of his jurors, he was innocent.

Interesting points in bold here.

I decided to do some research, as it is very easy to check official weights of fighters on Boxrec. Less than 10min in fact. I haven't looked at height as that takes a bit more time (more than 10min) to look at fighter profiles as opposed fight records.

Tyson had 56 fights

He outweighed his opponents in 30 of them, others outweighted him in 26 (he was generally heavier)

The largest weight difference came in his final fight, where Kevin McBride outweighed him on the scales by 38lbs

In fact, he was only outweighed by 30+ lbs in 3 of his 56 fights - McBride, Danny Williams and the world renowned Sammy Scaff

40lbs? Nah mate, not once. Better go do some of this 10min google research you're preaching

3 minutes ago, gkneil said:

Interesting points in bold here.

I decided to do some research, as it is very easy to check official weights of fighters on Boxrec. Less than 10min in fact. I haven't looked at height as that takes a bit more time (more than 10min) to look at fighter profiles as opposed fight records.

Tyson had 56 fights

He outweighed his opponents in 30 of them, others outweighted him in 26 (he was generally heavier)

The largest weight difference came in his final fight, where Kevin McBride outweighed him on the scales by 38lbs

In fact, he was only outweighed by 30+ lbs in 3 of his 56 fights - McBride, Danny Williams and the world renowned Sammy Scaff

40lbs? Nah mate, not once. Better go do some of this 10min google research you're preaching

Lol 38 then.  

I don't think Tyson ever gave away 40 pounds in weight or 8 inches in height during his prime.  A perfunctory search shows that the biggest weight advantages he gave away were to Lou Savarese and Julius Francis in the fights he had in the UK, he probably could've fought those two at the same time and still won.

Also, I don't think you really understand what pound-for-pound means - it's an assessment of a boxers attributes against all other fighters.  You can argue about the pros and cons of fighters who would never meet in the ring, say who would win out of Ricardo Lopez and Anthony Joshua.

@gkneil beating me to this I see.  Bah!

23 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

He says he never raped anybody, but has done seven things worse than rape.  Now what's worse than rape?  

You’re obviously new to P&B so I’ll help you here 

1. Being a Celtic fan

2 . Being a Sevco fan

3. Being a fucking cyclist 

4. Driving a Kia

5 . Wiping your arse standing ip

6. Saying slice instead of square 

7. Pishing yourself 

4 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Ring Magazine have him as the 14th best heavyweight.

I would trust their opinion over some fan boys who conveniently choose to ignore half his career. 

I'm perfectly aware of how he's ranked, I saw him recently ranked 72nd of all time.  I'm talking about him at his best not his entire career, he's much higher regarded then.  1985-89 he would have owned any bocer in history.

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I don't think Tyson ever gave away 40 pounds in weight or 8 inches in height during his prime.  A perfunctory search shows that the biggest weight advantages he gave away were to Lou Savarese and Julius Francis in the fights he had in the UK, he probably could've fought those two at the same time and still won.

Also, I don't think you really understand what pound-for-pound means - it's an assessment of a boxers attributes against all other fighters.  You can argue about the pros and cons of fighters who would never meet in the ring, say who would win out of Ricardo Lopez and Anthony Joshua.

@gkneil beating me to this I see.  Bah!

Of course I understand pound for pound but don't like it, they don't class golfers as he can only hit it x far so can only compare to similar etc.  I think you can only compare within weight divisions, pound for pound is an attempt to do it across them which doesn't really work imo.

Archived