QoS v Livi

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The linesman had plenty of time to flag Longridge offside. I was sitting pretty close to it. Longridge ran from onside and collected the ball. The linesman's flag didn't go up till it reached Hardie. Classic mistake. The lino momentarily forgetting that a cut back is not offside. Those two points could be quite crucial at the end of the season. That's fitba though! ;)

8 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

He's surely just taken a long time to think about it given it appears to have been a close call from the highlights. Borderline crooked, if not.

This. As I said on Saturday night, it looked like Hardie got a touch on the initial shot. Its quite likely that the linesman was consulting the ref to see if there was a touch and if so by who before deciding if Longridge was offside. Certainly far more likely than him giving Hardie offside

ETA - its 100% clear from the Livi highlights that its Longridge thats given offside.

Why the 6 or 7 seconds to raise his flag, he didn’t raise the flag until the ball was passed to Hardie, and Hardie had the ball in his possession tapping it into the net. 

As I said the other day, my first thought was to look at the linesman when the ball fell to Longridge and he didn’t raise his flag so I was celebrating the fact we had scored, I even looked when the ball was passed and still no flag. 

Doesn’t change the fact we have to defend better at 3-2 and see the game out though but I can understand Hoppy’s frustrations, if he raises the flag right away or even a second or two after there is no complaints from our side at all. 

21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

2,632. 9 Livi fans is a but of a pisstake. There was at least double that.

The BBC have the gate as 1153.

Unless, of course, you follow Falkirk's example and count all present and past season ticket holders.

Just now, Durnford said:

The BBC have the gate as 1153.

Unless, of course, you follow Falkirk's example and count all present and past season ticket holders.

Think he was trying to be funny tbh 

8 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Why the 6 or 7 seconds to raise his flag, he didn’t raise the flag until the ball was passed to Hardie, and Hardie had the ball in his possession tapping it into the net. 

As I said the other day, my first thought was to look at the linesman when the ball fell to Longridge and he didn’t raise his flag so I was celebrating the fact we had scored, I even looked when the ball was passed and still no flag. 

Doesn’t change the fact we have to defend better at 3-2 and see the game out though but I can understand Hoppy’s frustrations, if he raises the flag right away or even a second or two after there is no complaints from our side at all. 

Agree about defending better; we had maybe six or seven chances to stop the Queens attack in its tracks but didn't.

On the off-side decision its difficult to work out where the linsman is at the time the ball is fired forward but he doesnt appear to be in line with the last defender.

All that being said 3-3 is still an excellent result after being two goals down.

I'm fairly sure if we trawl back through highlights of every Livi game this season they will have benefited from some dodgy referee/linesman's decision,  unfortunately on this occasion it MAY have gone against them.  The same could be said for every team of course.  Just a case of sucking it up and getting on with it.  Livi are in a position that they probably only dreamed of at the start of the season and are defo worth a punt for getting through to meet whichever top division side is in the play-off spot. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'm fairly sure if we trawl back through highlights of every Livi game this season they will have benefited from some dodgy referee/linesman's decision,  unfortunately on this occasion it MAY have gone against them.  The same could be said for every team of course.  Just a case of sucking it up and getting on with it.  Livi are in a position that they probably only dreamed of at the start of the season and are defo worth a punt for getting through to meet whichever top division side is in the play-off spot. 

Ultimately referees and lineman are only human and will make mistakes; likewise some decisions such as the decision between a yellow and a red really are subject to so much conjecture that very few of them are truly black or white.

It often amuses me when people go on about "we should have had a stonewall penalty";  well if it wasn't awarded then it wasn't a penalty irrespective of what different sets of supporters think. The referee can only decide on what he sees; and will generally focus on the action around the ball; a linesman hopefully would take a wider view but then again that is little better than the view of the supporters at the time.

Discussing the rights and wrongs of decisions particularly with the benefit of hindsight is often half the fun IMO. Chewing the fat and the customary "we wuz robbed" idea means that a football match is not really just 90 minutes but days or week longer.

As for us being in the playoff position I'm afraid we're still waiting for the customary 5 point deduction levied by the authorities for some, as yet unspecified, "irregularity". 

Paranoid Moi?    :shutup

Archived