Player of the year

Just now, kennysmassiveego said:

^^^ hasn’t seen big Kirk rag doll more centre forwards , and sometimes quite literally , and strolling about in his slippers and housecoat , where he keeps said centre forwards 

If it wasn't for Kirk you'd probably be planning for a semi final against Motherwell

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that you're including Kirk Broadfoot damages your credibility.  A lot. 

Nonsense, he's one of the first names on SC's teamsheet nowadays, the transformation in Broaders since SC arrived has been nothing short of astonishing.   

Yes he is prone to the odd mistake, name me a team who has a defender who isn't, in the Dons case Logan for example, but those are fewer & fewer occurances.

I get what others think of him based on past antics as a windup merchant on the park. He might be a bit of a dirty B******d...... but he's our dirty B*****d, something we've been lacking for years tbh.

Just now, C4mmy31 said:

Nonsense, he's one of the first names on SC's teamsheet nowadays, the transformation in Broaders since SC arrived has been nothing short of astonishing.

Yes he is prone to the odd mistake, name me a team who's CB isn't, in the Dons case Logan for example, but those are fewer & fewer occurances.

I get what others think of him based on past antics as a windup merchant on the park. He might be a bit of a dirty B******d...... but he's our dirty B*****d, something we've been lacking for years tbh.

Logan is a RB

57 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

^^^ hasn’t seen big Kirk rag doll more centre forwards , and sometimes quite literally , and strolling about in his slippers and housecoat , where he keeps said centre forwards 

Efe Ambrose is the king of the slippers and housecoat combo m8. 

20 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Nobody credible has said Berra. Hearts are a shambles and have no worthy PotY candidates.

Well I said Berra 

But I should point out that the original post explitly asked "Who has a realistic chance from your team?"

And then listed half the Killie first team which suggested that "realistic" was being used in a fairly broad sense.

With the bar set that low Berra obviously strolls onto the long list.

However

No Centre Half has been player of the yearsince Lorenzo Amoruso 16 years ago

And you have to go another 16 years back to Dundee United's Richard Gough  in 1986 who was a centre half  outside the old firm. United finished 3rd that season and nobody from a club finishing outside the top two has won it since.

Jim Duffy of relegated Greenock Morton won it the previous year so Christophe Berra as PoTY wouldn't be the weirdest thing but it would still be a bit weird

• 2 weeks later...

Archived