Player of the year

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Only when you're not a professional sportsman. Get a photo of Boyd now and claim he's fat (he's not, folk said the same about Harkins who is now in better shape then when he was in his mid twenties) 

It doesn't matter if you're a professional sportsman or athlete. Even Arnold Schwarzenegger has a gut on him these days. It's an unavoidable fact of life.

McGeough will hopfull be considered, consistently been our best player this season for me. I'll be devastated if we lose him in the summer.

Boyd and Berra have to be considered too. Never fucking thought I'd write that.......

I'm not including Mulumbu as he joined in late November but he's been a stand out since he joined.

No doubt Scott Brown will win it though......

I don't think it would be unwarranted if Brown does win it. Objectively, he has probably been Celtic's most consistent, influential player this season, and if they win another treble then he would surely have to be a leading candidate. 

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Maybe if he puts in a good performance for Scotland we can revisit the issue.

Let’s.

16 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I don't think it would be unwarranted if Brown does win it. Objectively, he has probably been Celtic's most consistent, influential player this season, and if they win another treble then he would surely have to be a leading candidate. 

Scott Brown :wub:

YPOTY. McKenna

POTY. Brown

Still need convinced about the John McGinn love-in tbh. McGeouch on the other hand....

No dundee fan has posted to say who , which gives you an indication of shite we have been this season.

I couldn't say either bit I will put out their. Hendry.
Was here half a season , did an okay job and made us a good bit of money.

IMG_1521800829.897096.jpg

16 hours ago, Nastro said:

As others have said - Berra or Boyd.

Each time I've seen Hearts this season I didn't think Berra was the mantle Jambos make him out to be, McLaughlin is the stand out player in that side IMO.

If Moult had stayed the season, he'd have been in with a strong shout I'm sure - but from a 'Well point of view, there is no-one credible for POTY. YPOTY is a different story...

Kris Boyd for POTY (There's a sentence I never thought i'd say again...)
Kipre is at least in the mix for YPOTY.

I agree with this completely. However, I remember when Andy Dorman was player of the year, but the sponsors had a clause that it had to go to an old firm player! I may be wrong and apologise in advance if so.

7 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

That’ll be us too.

I know you are talking about the Premiership best 11 but.....yes.....that’ll be all our players.

that you're including Kirk Broadfoot damages your credibility.  A lot. 

Big Kris Boyd for me and also to win the most improved player of the year , journalist of the year , Pulitzer Prize , man Booker Prize , Nobel laureate and the Kilmarnock Standard bestest liked person in the KA1 area Prize 

On a lighter note it’s refreshing to see that very few of last years “ invincibles” are getting a mention , surely that’s a reflection on Brenda’s tactics ? 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

that you're including Kirk Broadfoot damages your credibility.  A lot. 

^^^ hasn’t seen big Kirk rag doll more centre forwards , and sometimes quite literally , and strolling about in his slippers and housecoat , where he keeps said centre forwards 

Archived