Club or Country?

Club or Country - Which do you prefer?  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I understood perfectly champ, however you used it in an entirely incorrect context given I had never once claimed Barcelona had global significance, in which case your use of said word would have been correct.  Suck it up champ.

So, aye, in a cultural and political sense, Barcelona as a football club have regional significance, like a number of other clubs in Europe. Which was my point. Glad we're agreed. 

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 minutes ago, Killie Zenit said:

So, aye, in a cultural and political sense, Barcelona as a football club have regional significance, like a number of other clubs in Europe. Which was my point. Glad we're agreed. 

The more striking problem with that line is that it suggests that should the period of "suffering and widespread persecution" come to an end then Barca would presumably cease to matter.

Should Holyrood try to introducereunified Ayrshire council run from Ayr then suddenly Killie would matter.

Civic or provincial pride counts for nothing in this model if it doesn't come with a grievance,  and preferably one that Pep sympathises with

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The more striking problem with that line is that it suggests that should the period of "suffering and widespread persecution" come to an end then Barca would presumably cease to matter.

Should Holyrood try to introducereunified Ayrshire council run from Ayr then suddenly Killie would matter.

Civic or provincial pride counts for nothing in this model if it doesn't come with a grievance,  and preferably one that Pep sympathises with

You'll need to show where I said that champ.  I said what they represent too.

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Or more accurately, has heard of.

13 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

C'mon to f**k random,  what happened to the free education?

I blame autocorrect for not correcting me. 

Archived