The Binos v Edinburgh City

Tuesday night we face Edinburgh City at Forthbank in a rearranged fixture. Usually difficult game against City after the 2-2 draw a few weeks ago at Ainslie Park, this is a game hopefully we get the win to cement our playoff position with 5 games to go. . 

Team wise Wullie Robertson is out thru suspension but Andy Little returns after missing the Cowdenbeath game thru illness.

Prediction Binos 2 City 1        

A must win for our faint title hopes, we'd go 5 points behind Peterhead and Montrose if their results went our way.

Team wise I'd imagine Dickson will start instead of Robertson and Little may start. But apart from that I don't see many. Certainly another game we could be doing with Daz, but hey ho.

Guest Landan Spiv

Heres what will happen. 

Stirling will have 420 shots, 419 on target and 67 corners. The binos will also have 95% possession and City will be stinking all game.............. but lo and behold City win a corner on the 94th minute, the corner swings in and causes mass confusion in the box with the inevitable stramash happening before big Pat Scullion toe pokes it and the ball trickles over the line sending the dugout and the 9 travelling city fans into absolute pandemonium. 

I'm going to be right. That'll be league 2 as f**K 

1 hour ago, Landan Spiv said:

Heres what will happen. 

Stirling will have 420 shots, 419 on target and 67 corners. The binos will also have 95% possession and City will be stinking all game.............. but lo and behold City win a corner on the 94th minute, the corner swings in and causes mass confusion in the box with the inevitable stramash happening before big Pat Scullion toe pokes it and the ball trickles over the line sending the dugout and the 9 travelling city fans into absolute pandemonium. 

Looks to me your still a bit bitter after we equalised in the 95th minute the last time we played you.  Hopefully we will win this one and further cement our 3rd spot place in the League. 

Guest Landan Spiv

I'm not bitter. I levitated in rage when you scored against us a couple of weeks back but I got over it. Happens all the time to City. 

Heres what will happen. 

Id walk away from football and follow badminton if that happened. :lol:

I'm not bitter. I levitated in rage when you scored against us a couple of weeks back but I got over it. Happens all the time to City. 

That’s good to hear, hope your successful in your quest to stay out of the dreaded 10th spot, think Cowdenbeath have that spot covered, though if they beat Clyde on Tuesday night it might give Berwick Rangers fans some cause for concern.

18 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Prediction- me to turn up in time for kick off (again) and because it's near to Passover plagues of locusts, boils, rats, flies and Clyde fans to put the game off. 

Have their debut album on shellac. If Beattie has a influence on the outcome of this game, should have been in Budapest.

hope we are not talking our foot off the gas re final league position?

hope we are not talking our foot off the gas re final league position?

I highly doubt that. We're still in with a shout of the title, win tonight and we're 5 points off Montrose and Peterhead.

We're still not certain to finish in the play offs. Clyde have picked up form and Stenny or Elgin could pick up as well.

Well that was shite.

Agree 2 more points dropped at home to teams in the bottom half of the League. 2-1 up in the 2nd half and looking comfortable but once again we cannot defend a lead and lose another goal.

9 point gap between ourselves and Clyde with 31 games played. Stenny have 2 games in hand and if they won both games will be on 50 points 4 behind us.

Head to Elgin on Saturday and that will be a difficult game, against an Elgin side fighting to stay in the hunt for a playoff place.

[quote post="12037237" timestamp="1522186356" name="JakeSAFC" userid="50934"
We really missed Barr and Hamilton.

Evident in the first half 2 balls over the top up the middle, 1st one Wright pulls of a good save to prevent a goal and the 2nd one fortunately for us the City player could not control it.
Not forgetting the punt up the park from near the halfway line when A City player spotted Wright off his line but again fortunately it went just wide.

1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

Well that was shite.

I'm quite happy with a point away from home at a ground we don't tend to do well at (even when we played Stirling Uni there!).

Given Dundee United's recent shiteness I hope no-one tells them about Taylor or he'll be straight in their first team... :shutup

It was nice to see the Stirling players react immediately with concern when Farid got a ball straight in the napper. Good sports and it's only a game after all. 

I wonder if you'll ever get that ball back off the away stand roof.... :lol:

[quote post="12037237" timestamp="1522186356" name="JakeSAFC" userid="50934"
We really missed Barr and Hamilton.

Evident in the first half 2 balls over the top up the middle, 1st one Wright pulls of a good save to prevent a goal and the 2nd one fortunately for us the City player could not control it.
Not forgetting the punt up the park from near the halfway line when A City player spotted Wright off his line but again fortunately it went just wide.

For their first I wouldn't put the entire blame on Wight. Absolutely shocking back pass. He should have just lumped it but the pass has to be better.

Our centre back pairing were far too slow. At least with Lee and Barr you have pace and experience. With Banner and Smith its just too slow.

Kav has been annoying recently. He does the hard bit then fucks up the simple bit. He's needs to calm himself.

Thought we actually played some decent stuff at times, but our final ball let us down the majority of the time. Edinburgh just lumped it, a very frustrating side to play against.

2 points lost again to the dross of the league, titles gone. Need to make sure we finish strongly for the play offs and to ensure Clyde don't finish above us.

12 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

For their first I wouldn't put the entire blame on Wight. Absolutely shocking back pass. He should have just lumped it but the pass has to be better.

Our centre back pairing were far too slow. At least with Lee and Barr you have pace and experience. With Banner and Smith its just too slow.

Kav has been annoying recently. He does the hard bit then fucks up the simple bit. He's needs to calm himself.

Thought we actually played some decent stuff at times, but our final ball let us down the majority of the time. Edinburgh just lumped it, a very frustrating side to play against.

2 points lost again to the dross of the league, titles gone. Need to make sure we finish strongly for the play offs and to ensure Clyde don't finish above us.

But you weren't playing Berwick or Cowden last night.

Archived