Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

Just caught last nights highlights. Lovely viewing. Pitching was world class this weekend. If I had a slight criticism it’s that Randy Arozarena hasn’t done much since being acquired. 

Joe Musgrove back on the mound as SP for the Pads tonight. Also rumours circulating that Yu Darvish is back in SD and working out privately with a view to some minor league rehab starts soon. Both are potentially huge for SD because they've been working miracles with some AAA pitching getting starts, and although they've been hot as hell since the ASB it doesn't feel sustainable and no way do I want to see Vasquez or Mazur on the hill in the playoffs, should we get there.

Musgrove, Darvish, and Tatis Jnr back, and it would really feel like they could chase the Dodgers for the NL West crown.

Edited by Boo Khaki

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

This arrived yesterday. Not a genuine because paying £150 for a jersey seems mental to me but a pretty decent fake. 

IMG_2918.jpeg

IMG_2920.jpeg

IMG_2919.jpeg

Got mine for just under £60 which is still steep but seems really decent quality

IMG_20240803_143246368.thumb.jpg.9db648fc5cf68c948a40756d84ea6659.jpgIMG_20240803_143302086.thumb.jpg.6819040618175f165bf6e2ff682282a3.jpg

10 minutes ago, Daddy Cheeze said:

Got mine for just under £60 which is still steep but seems really decent quality

IMG_20240803_143246368.thumb.jpg.9db648fc5cf68c948a40756d84ea6659.jpgIMG_20240803_143302086.thumb.jpg.6819040618175f165bf6e2ff682282a3.jpg

Everything looks spot on with mine. Only thing that’s missing is the number on the front. But I’m not really going to wear it out much and it will take a proper baseball die hard to notice it’s not legit. And Arbroath doesn’t have many of them. 

yours looks quality mate 👍🏻

47 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

I've got a few really good fakes as well, no way am I paying full price for one that's probably not all that much better quality.

City connect jersey next for me. With probably Rodriguez 44 on the back 

2 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

It's wild how it seems to happen to players in batches like that. Jared Kelenic got hit by 5 consecutive teams at one point last season. 

It's always when he's batting Lefty. I think teams reckon he's vulnerable to down and in stuff when he's batting Lefty, so they are throwing a lot of backdoor sliders and stuff inside the plate, so when they are slightly off he's getting smacked in the knees, shins, and feet constantly.

Ok, if a team is gonna plunk you they don't generally throw at your legs, but we played the Pirates 5x over the past week so when it's the same team over and over it's hard not to feel there is a degree of intent there.

44 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

It's always when he's batting Lefty. I think teams reckon he's vulnerable to down and in stuff when he's batting Lefty, so they are throwing a lot of backdoor sliders and stuff inside the plate, so when they are slightly off he's getting smacked in the knees, shins, and feet constantly.

Ok, if a team is gonna plunk you they don't generally throw at your legs, but we played the Pirates 5x over the past week so when it's the same team over and over it's hard not to feel there is a degree of intent there.

Was there any retribution?

9 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Not a thing.

JP himself got pretty vocal after the 4th or 5th time he was hit, but I think it was more just "FFS COME ON MAN!!!" frustration than any genuine belief they were targetting him.

8 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Profar has been taking care of the payback himself this year. League leaders (45+ PAs) in high leverage situations:

hl_ops.thumb.jpg.ed4b76fff8b3fa5513f8f03d2b3388e2.jpg

On 13/08/2024 at 06:23, lichtie23 said:

This arrived yesterday. Not a genuine because paying £150 for a jersey seems mental to me but a pretty decent fake.

If you're looking for a genuine sign up for the Fanatics email list. Especially towards the end of the season/off-season they'll drop to around £55. Still dear and shipping will be add twenty, but just an FYI.