Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

41 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Another overnight loss to the Tigers for the Mariners. Looks like that recent good run wasn't sustainable. Going to need a big last month to sustain a playoff push.

Another f**k up from the bullpen. 2.5 games back of the Astros now 

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Another f**k up from the bullpen. 2.5 games back of the Astros now 

If we had a better bullpen I genuinely think we'd be contenders. JP Crawford should be back within the next couple weeks and hopefully that can be a bit of a spark. A season that promised so much looking like it might well fizzle out unceremoniously. Again.

Dodgers drop back-to-back games in Milwaukee. NL West lead now just 2 games over the Snakes and Pads.

I'm sure the lead was something like 8 a month ago. It's will be hilarious if they shit this up with their payroll and all the future contract Rangersy bollocks going on.

Edited by Boo Khaki

2 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Mariners swept in Detroit. Not so good.

And the bullpen blow it again. f**king turgid after a wonderful weekend against the Mets. I reckon if we miss out on the playoffs Servais is gone 

13 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

And the bullpen blow it again. f**king turgid after a wonderful weekend against the Mets. I reckon if we miss out on the playoffs Servais is gone 

probably the best starting pitching rotation in my 15 years of following the Mariners and the season is being brought to a crushing halt by a bullpen who would struggle to get a game at Double A. It's horrendous.

Mariners avoided being swept in Pittsburgh with a really good win last night. An excellent start from George Kirby. Dodgers away for 3 starting tomorrow, which is about as tough as it gets, but can hopefully take something from the series. Astros starting to pull away in the division, massive last few weeks of the season needed if we're to sneak into the playoffs.

Edited by Craig fae the Vale

7 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Mariners fall to the Dodgers 3-0. Woo superb again, Gavin Stone for LA was better. No offence and the bullpen gives up 2 more runs. 

5 games back of Houston now 

Playoffs looking less and less likely with every passing game. Can't see us taking anything from this Dodgers series.

7 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Not sure I can take much more of this Mets season. Wrote it off in May, thought we would 100% get play offs in June then since the All Star Break ive no clue what Mets team is going to turn up.

Alvarez fair enjoyed his home run last night. One of the best moments of the season. Tough stretch coming up but we might still sneak in. The record against teams over .500 would suggest it won't be a very deep run if so but if Senga is healthy who knows. I could really see Lindor producing if we do make the play offs.

This is an unforgivable stat. Wasting what is the finest starting rotation in all my years following the Mariners. This rotation should be a World Series contender. A slack bullpen and misfiring offence and I doubt we'll even make the playoffs.

Screenshot_20240820_224607_X.jpg

10 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

f**k off Servais and f**k off the bullpen. No chance we are making the playoffs now @Craig fae the Vale

Nah, not happening. Big changes needed in the dugout in the off season. The starting rotation is good enough to be challenging, but I can't help but feel it will be a few years of a rebuilding project.

Matt Waldron is totally cooked and needs sent down. He doesn't have an out pitch, and the Knuckler is getting slapped. He's done ok for his first full year starting, but I think the innings have caught up and his arm is done. His starts since the ASG have been horrendous.

Still, looks like Tatis is likely back in early September, so some good news at least.