Airdrie vs Ayr Utd

Nah I agree back then his finishing seemed to be a lot more deadly. Maybe just the memory playing tricks but i'm sure I remember thinking if he had half a chance it was going in.

Yeah he's lost the pace, happens to them all. Fortunately he has turned into a really intelligent player though - link up play is superb. He maybe always had it, but the fact he had pace and that Reid played a much more direct style meant it never showed.

As someone touched on above, I can see Forrest potentially turning into that style of link up man / second striker. However my pals that I go to games with totally disagree, so who knows hahA

The switch to FT football at Dunfermline has made a huge difference for Moffat.

Forrest divides opinion as to whether he should play wide or through the middle. He’s not a natural winger but does the job that McCall probably thought Trouten would be able to do two seasons ago. He’s such a clever player that it doesn’t really matter where he plays he’ll still have an effect on the game.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

And you don't want to play both of them for fear of them getting injured from dirty Airdrie players, when the week after there's a good chance they'll be kicked by dirty Stranraer players, if their last visit is anything to go by.

I don't know all the disciplinary issues this season but in the most recent game at Ayr, which you won deservedly in the second half, that Ayr had four yellow cards to one Airdrie( the goalie not retreating at the penalty decision) and Shankland got away with kicking him earlier in the game, so "dirty" players are not unique to Airdrie. I cant speak for Stranraer. No idea how the game will go but it will be good to see a big attendance from the prospective Champions.

3 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I don't know all the disciplinary issues this season but in the most recent game at Ayr, which you won deservedly in the second half, that Ayr had four yellow cards to one Airdrie( the goalie not retreating at the penalty decision) and Shankland got away with kicking him earlier in the game, so "dirty" players are not unique to Airdrie. I cant speak for Stranraer. No idea how the game will go but it will be good to see a big attendance from the prospective Champions.

Just have a feeling that is how the game is going to pan out, what with the crowd, what's at stake, and the history between the clubs. I'm sure Airdrie would love nothing more than to burst the Ayr bubble.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Just have a feeling that is how the game is going to pan out, what with the crowd, what's at stake, and the history between the clubs. I'm sure Airdrie would love nothing more than to burst the Ayr bubble.

There have been some tasty times indeed and I look forward to a skilful blood and thunder outing. I can see how some of our squad could have some rough challenges but there have been few this season where I think we have been out muscled in many games. The only bad foul I have seen this season from us was on Saturday from Chris O'Neill so he is out; he did experience a really bad one from Hetherington at Alloa ,and is a young guy . From your side,if you can be honest, is there anyone who has some"dirty" qualities?

8 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

There have been some tasty times indeed and I look forward to a skilful blood and thunder outing. I can see how some of our squad could have some rough challenges but there have been few this season where I think we have been out muscled in many games. The only bad foul I have seen this season from us was on Saturday from Chris O'Neill so he is out; he did experience a really bad one from Hetherington at Alloa ,and is a young guy . From your side,if you can be honest, is there anyone who has some"dirty" qualities?

Nope, can't think of anybody who fits that bill.

Regardless, because of everything maybe McCall is urging them to show a bit of restraint and not get involved, and keep their eyes on the big prize. But that could go out the window in the first  ten minutes, so I've no idea how it's going to play out, which prob accounts for that tingle of dread I've got, and it's only Monday.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Nope, can't think of anybody who fits that bill.

Regardless, because of everything maybe McCall is urging them to show a bit of restraint and not get involved, and keep their eyes on the big prize. But that could go out the window in the first  ten minutes, so I've no idea how it's going to play out, which prob accounts for that tingle of dread I've got,and it's only Monday.

Fair enough in that most fans are unlikely to see that in their team. I suspect Jamie Adams might have a wee edge to his game and while I liked Steven Bell in midfield I think he had a similar quality- you do need it in most defensive/midfield areas.  The dirtiest this season that I saw was Eddie Malone taking out Ryan Conroy at Airdrie for a thoroughly deserved Red, with Conroy being out for many months as a result. ( Not necessarily a negative for much of that time as we did well without him). If you have a big crowd on Saturday I think you will be in the other stand so hope we both enjoy it.( We need a point to be mathematically safe)

Ayr probably have too much for us. We've just not really got going in the last few games I've seen.

We've a poor defence and a pretty non-existent midfield.  

However, it would be utterly hilarious if we did win.

9 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Fair enough in that most fans are unlikely to see that in their team. I suspect Jamie Adams might have a wee edge to his game and while I liked Steven Bell in midfield I think he had a similar quality- you do need it in most defensive/midfield areas.  The dirtiest this season that I saw was Eddie Malone taking out Ryan Conroy at Airdrie for a thoroughly deserved Red, with Conroy being out for many months as a result. ( Not necessarily a negative for much of that time as we did well without him). If you have a big crowd on Saturday I think you will be in the other stand so hope we both enjoy it.( We need a point to be mathematically safe)

Haven't seen any of that in Bell since he joined, but he's been playing centre half for most of his time, and he's been nothing but calm and composed. Could have a point about Adams though.

Good to see the club subsidise the cost of the buses, now just £3. Hopefully we bring through a large support. 

As for the game Im confident that we can get a result. Airdrie have played well against us this season (the 2-0 away last time was a particularly bad day) but we've been very good at grinding out results lately i.e albion and east fife. Add to that we have Shankland who's always capable of scoring and moore who has been better in recent weeks I think we'll get a 1-3 win.

Haven't seen any of that in Bell since he joined, but he's been playing centre half for most of his time, and he's been nothing but calm and composed. Could have a point about Adams though.

Will Adams miss out on 4G surface? Bell did have a wee dig at Livingston/Dunfermline but he is a good player. It’s maybe hard to be “dirty” in the current set up unless you play for Ross County?

Its not going to be a day for Crawford and McGuffie . Don't tackle , don't head , don't do very much at times , all be it McGuffie has looked ok in his cameos as sub . Its a dig in job , keep Airdrie out and let the strikers go win the game . sorry lads , but not an away game for passengers . Forrest is lightweight but he'll cause bother going forward and also track back which gives him the edge over the other 2 .

Ruddy

Reid , Bell , Rose , Boyle

McDaid , Adams , Kerr , Forrest

Moore , Shankland

7 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Will Adams miss out on 4G surface? Bell did have a wee dig at Livingston/Dunfermline but he is a good player. It’s maybe hard to be “dirty” in the current set up unless you play for Ross County?

He usually misses out, but he's been played once before this season on a 4G I'm sure, so there's an outside chance.Could def be doing with  him though.

Archived