ICT v FFC: Pump or be pumped

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

What’s going on here ICT fans is it usual for you lot to ignore SPFL rules of same view same price how come U12 free behind your goals but not behind the other goals? Or is there a genuine difference?

IMG_1707.jpg

Away fans were in the Main Stand last night but I imagine the main reason is that we are just a bunch of tight Highland robbing b*****ds.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, MrDust said:

Are we better off after sacking Houston ?........marginally

Let's just remind ourselves:

Houston: Played 7, Won 0, Drew 3, Lost 4, Points Per Game 0.43

Hartley's record overall: Played 24,  Won 8, Drew 8, Lost 8, Points Per Game 1.33

Hartley's record since January: Played 14, Won 7, Drew 3, Lost 4, Points Per Game 1.71

I don't think anyone's claiming this has been an amazing season, but to suggest we're only "marginally" better off after sacking Houston is just, well, wrong.

50 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Let's just remind ourselves:

Houston: Played 7, Won 0, Drew 3, Lost 4, Points Per Game 0.43

Hartley's record overall: Played 24,  Won 8, Drew 8, Lost 8, Points Per Game 1.33

Hartley's record since January: Played 14, Won 7, Drew 3, Lost 4, Points Per Game 1.71

I don't think anyone's claiming this has been an amazing season, but to suggest we're only "marginally" better off after sacking Houston is just, well, wrong.

Stats can be bent to make things that bit better than they are, playing Brechin 3 times since January in the 15 league games we have had would do that for most clubs in this league.

Thankfully we have something over Morton and Inverness for getting a man sent off to change the other game as we can only praise the Utd game as a 90 min spectacle.

We have a team full of out of contract players who are not turning up for Hartley and I wouldnt be surprised if we dont win another game this season

33 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Stats can be bent to make things that bit better than they are, playing Brechin 3 times since January in the 15 league games we have had would do that for most clubs in this league.

Thankfully we have something over Morton and Inverness for getting a man sent off to change the other game as we can only praise the Utd game as a 90 min spectacle.

We have a team full of out of contract players who are not turning up for Hartley and I wouldnt be surprised if we dont win another game this season

What I found strange about last night was that it looked like you had settled for a point after about 55 minutes. There was one goal kick around that time where your keeper took an age to get play going again. I didn't understand it considering you don't have anything to play for, so why not have a go at it. Is that down to Hartley or is it the players not being arsed considering they probably won't be at the club next season?

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Houston had a shot at Brechin too. How did that work out for him?

The stats don't lie. To say we are only marginally better than we were under Houston is just incorrect.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Houston had a shot at Brechin too. How did that work out for him?

The stats don't lie. To say we are only marginally better than we were under Houston is just incorrect.

Something we will never know we were also seconds away leaving Brechin with a draw also. I'm not disputing Houston's time was up but as it stands we are still a shambles for me and very few seem to be one of good enough or not playing for Hartley.....

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Something we will never know we were also seconds away leaving Brechin with a draw also. I'm not disputing Houston's time was up but as it stands we are still a shambles for me and very few seem to be one of good enough or not playing for Hartley.....

Who gives a f**k, if he gets us safe which is more or less achieved,  he has done his job this season. Houston’s remit was to get us promoted.

10 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Could have sworn Hartley said he was aiming for top four "at least" when he took over? Struggle to see how finishing 8th would result in him "doing his job"?

Houston had you sitting 8th when he was sacked and was only nine points off the top four.

He might well have said that. However we were 9 points behind Dumbarton at one point. 2 wins in the first 18 and facing relegation playoffs. His task was to get us out of that position first and foremost which he has more or less achieved. Houston had us 3 points behind 1st at one point as well, travesty he was punted. 

26 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Could have sworn Hartley said he was aiming for top four "at least" when he took over? Struggle to see how finishing 8th would result in him "doing his job"?

Houston had you sitting 8th when he was sacked and was only nine points off the top four.

BUT WAT ABOUT JOHNSON?!!!!

26 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

He might well have said that. However we were 9 points behind Dumbarton at one point. 2 wins in the first 18 and facing relegation playoffs. His task was to get us out of that position first and foremost which he has more or less achieved. Houston had us 3 points behind 1st at one point as well, travesty he was punted. 

I mean if you think finishing 8th in the second tier is acceptable then fair enough.

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I mean if you think finishing 8th in the second tier is acceptable then fair enough.

Its been a shit season but we'll still be in the same league next season as the next 6 teams ahead of us and we'll all start again on zero points. Thats when hartley will finally be judged.

56 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It's easy to be 'only nine points off the top four' when you're only 7 games into the season. By your logic, Brechin were doing fine as they were 'only' 10 points off the play-offs.

At that point in time we were 1.29PPG worse off than 4th place. Now the difference is 0.48PPG. Context is everything.

4 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

It's easy to be 'only nine points off the top four' when you're only 7 games into the season. By your logic, Brechin were doing fine as they were 'only' 10 points off the play-offs.

At that point in time we were 1.29PPG worse off than 4th place. Now the difference is 0.48PPG. Context is everything.

Falkirk look likely to finish 8th, in a season that Hartley was in charge for 80% of the games.

He was taking over a club that had made a poor start but were by no means dead and buried. That's why he was aiming for top four "at least" because he obviously didn't think the title was totally beyond him. Instead there will be no improvement in league placing, no serious top four push and only one point from three games against Dunfermline.

I think he's recovered well after starting terribly and his recruitment seems to have worked short-term. Also fairly certain he'll do much better next season.

What people also need to remember is that Hartley had to live with a shower of shiftless lazy wankers until January. When he came in, that squad was beyond delivering a "bounce".

On the basis that playoffs was never truly acheivable, I have no idea why anyone would go any further than "We will judge Hartley after next season"

People writing him off are incredibly short sighted IMO. I think his recruitment has been good or very good in almost all cases. With the exception maybe of Sean Welsh.

Tumilty may not be seen as long term but he has absolutely done a job in a position we were chronically unable to fill.

Blair hasnt contributed hugely but is a player of obviois quality IMO.

Louis is inconsistent, but he is our top scorer so has to be pass marks. Robson, Nelson and Jakubiak are all absolute keepers.

Hazard.... Yeah he can go.

Did I miss anyone?

Guest Back Post Misses

Hartley was left a fucking mess.

He is quoted as saying it was in a bigger mess than he realised.

He got a huge sticking plaster out in January and signed some decent players without an sort of proper scouting network or time to plan if properly.

I really wish people would give him the time to build his own squad and stop all the shite.

He may not work out to be any good. I don’t know. One thing I believe however he has done more than enough in keeping us up to deserve the support of the fans to see if he can give us a team we all want.

Time to properly judge the man is in the Autumn.

Archived