Alloa vs Ayr

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Vast majority of Raith fans on here have kept level headed over the whole situation, Ayr have been planning title parties for weeks, surely you understand why some might be giving some back? Although tbf I’ve not even seen any of that.

They all seem concerned about next weeks game. A little bit of humility that will stop them having egg on their face regardless of the outcome, if only some Ayr fans had done the same.

Nah. the vast majority of Raith and Ayr fans have been fairly level-headed, both have had their share of posters that have made a rip roaring c**t of themselves over the course of the season. 

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should never have been a penalty so Ayr fans giving Moore the blame for the miss are mistaken. Shankland getting sent off last week has put the advantage on our side going into the last game. That and mccall playing geggan when not nearly fit.

All to play for in the final week so at least it's been one hell of a ride for both of us all through the season.

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Vast majority of Raith fans on here have kept level headed over the whole situation, Ayr have been planning title parties for weeks, surely you understand why some might be giving some back? Although tbf I’ve not even seen any of that.

They all seem concerned about next weeks game. A little bit of humility that will stop them having egg on their face regardless of the outcome, if only some Ayr fans had done the same.

Unfortunately this is spot on. Rather annoyingly the Raith fans seem to have handled this all very graciously which means even if they do blow it from here I'll enjoy it about 10% less. 

The Ayr fans have been utterly tremendous viewing. For fans of a club who constantly find new ways of bottling it they don't half give it attitude when they get a sniff of glory. It's like they literally never learn. 

Nah. the vast majority of Raith and Ayr fans have been fairly level-headed, both have had their share of posters that have made a rip roaring c**t of themselves over the course of the season. 

I’ve not paid as close attention over the season, just noticed the last few weeks.

I really wanted Ayr to win today, if they had I’d be £105 better off, I also cannot be arsed playing you again would’ve preferred Raith. You were poor today, but on your day and with Shankland in the side you can fair fire in the goals.

Think the Raith games would’ve been close regardless of how well they were playing.

Plus Kirkcaldy is a short trip.

Still fancy Alloa to possibly get a draw next weekend.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I’ve not paid as close attention over the season, just noticed the last few weeks.

I really wanted Ayr to win today, if they had I’d be £105 better off, I also cannot be arsed playing you again would’ve preferred Raith. You were poor today, but on your day and with Shankland in the side you can fair fire in the goals.

Think the Raith games would’ve been close regardless of how well they were playing.

Plus Kirkcaldy is a short trip.

Still fancy Alloa to possibly get a draw next weekend.

I'll take it as it comes next week.

I wasn't surprised in the slightest about todays result or performance, I wasn't impressed in the slightest with last weeks 2nd half offering.

22 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

I’m not fucking blaming Geggan so get off your fucking high horse. I’m blaming McCall for putting him in the starting line up. Players will always say they’re good to go no matter what. McCall should’ve taken the decision out of his hands. He’s not been fully fit for a long time. He loves this club and he gives his all but you can’t do what you should less than half fit. 

Major f**k up from McCall and we’ve paid the highest possible price.

Ohhhh touchy. Bad day?

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The Raith fans learned a lesson early on in the season as they had the league won by October and were very vocal about it. As it’s swung back and forth a few times since they’ve learned to keep quiet. It’s a pity your not the sharpest tool in the box or it might have saved your fingers from  typing that

Shat our breeks against the might of Stranraer and Alloa .
Absolutely ridiculous from a bunch of full-time players the last 2 weeks .
No where near at the level to compete at the top end of that Championship .

Will we be modelling our new strip next week v the Rovers ?
We should wear the away strip with our league winners t-shirts below our Commercial Dept purchased just incase .

Finish off the season in style and give us all a laugh .

5 minutes ago, printer said:

Your book's a pile of nonsense then.

Yep, that's how we're sitting with 2 losses.

We're not Man City or Celtic that can afford to throw away opportunities to get over the line early.

Shat our breeks against the might of Stranraer and Alloa .
Absolutely ridiculous from a bunch of full-time players the last 2 weeks .
No where near at the level to compete at the top end of that Championship .

Will we be modelling our new strip next week v the Rovers ?
We should wear the away strip with our league winners t-shirts below our Commercial Dept purchased just incase .

Finish off the season in style and give us all a laugh .
Can I buy an 'Ayr United" league winning T-shirt?

The Raith fans learned a lesson early on in the season as they had the league won by October and were very vocal about it. As it’s swung back and forth a few times since they’ve learned to keep quiet. It’s a pity your not the sharpest tool in the box or it might have saved your fingers from  typing that

*you're 

[emoji23]

image.png.d4b6e6aab3e0772fa7bd4548fa5e2c62.png[emoji38]

Raging!

First half today we were excellent and showed what a good team we can be. Scored two good goals (Geggan's error notwithstanding) and could have gone in 3-0 to the good.

Second half was nervy, but apart from the award of the dodgy penalty always felt we were going to see it out - although we lacked composure at times in the final third.

Good to see Fleming calling out Bell's actions. He's been inspirational for us since moving back to defensive midfield. Easy to see why he was such a favourite at Dumbarton.

Archived