Project Hartley

On 7/25/2018 at 00:19, Bofabairn said:

Check the bigger picture re. Hippo Miller at al

pretty sure Hartley said he liked Hippolyte but he wasnt required in a relegation battle your never going to win anything with flair players when your in a scrap would you rather have entertaining football but walk away thinking "oh that was a great game but we got humped", as for the Miller and pretty much the clear out it was pretty obvious when Houston got sacked that something was going on behind the scenes you just dont go from play off position to relegation fodder with minimal changes to the team so what changed had to be something in the back ground. Way i see it those that were losing week out and pretty much not giving a sh*t were all part of the problem the only way to fix it was to clear out the ones that played week in and out and of the day its Hartleys job on the line.

We didnt start winning till he had cleared out pretty much the first half of the season team MIller, Kerr, Austin etc.  

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

pretty sure Hartley said he liked Hippolyte but he wasnt required in a relegation battle your never going to win anything with flair players when your in a scrap would you rather have entertaining football but walk away thinking "oh that was a great game but we got humped", as for the Miller and pretty much the clear out it was pretty obvious when Houston got sacked that something was going on behind the scenes you just dont go from play off position to relegation fodder with minimal changes to the team so what changed had to be something in the back ground. Way i see it those that were losing week out and pretty much not giving a sh*t were all part of the problem the only way to fix it was to clear out the ones that played week in and out and of the day its Hartleys job on the line.

We didnt start winning till he had cleared out pretty much the first half of the season team MIller, Kerr, Austin etc.  

Ask the Ayr fans how much of a dressing room cancer Kerr is.  Miller will be fine at Livi until the first time he opens his mouth. 

Just now, Trump said:

What’s happened with Kerr at Ayr?

Caught something a while back in their thread that he's gobbling off in the dressing room again. Surprised McCall is taking it. 

18 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Ian McCall taking gobbles from Mark Kerr? Strong accusation.

A man who would shit in a shoe is not below taking a blow job for a starting position. 

On 7/28/2018 at 07:22, DeeBairn said:

Cmon @Bofabairnwe need you to tell us what's wrong with this signing. The plebs need to be informed. 

Not sure what signing you're referring to.

On evidence of today is say the project could go either way. He's signed 16 players but still has too many out of position, such as mcghee , Lewis etc.

Getting some points On the board soon will be key.

On 7/24/2018 at 22:20, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Would you rather Falkirk gave Houston more time to turn things around?

I think if you look at his record at United and Falkirk it is excellent prior to the start of last season. If it weren't for the bad luck of Rangers, Hearts and Hibs being in the league you'd have went up under him quite comfortably.

I'd have him back as manager of United. Great memories from his time in charge.

I agree Hartley deserves more time. There will be no hiding place if his almost complete squad turnover has failed.

I think the only people who will be confident for the new season is Dunfermline fans but we'll know more after the first quarter.

I a Houstie players cos I'm a football fan and that's what we do.

with hindsight and given his vision of succession management with Lee and Mark, I'd have that over Hartley 's academy killing vision every time.

46 minutes ago, Bofabairn said:

On evidence of today is say the project could go either way. He's signed 16 players but still has too many out of position, such as mcghee , Lewis etc.

with hindsight and given his vision of succession management with Lee and Mark, I'd have that over Hartley 's academy killing vision every time.

Lee and Mark? First name terms with them are we?

I hear Kerr is causing bother in the Ayr dressing room now. It's becoming a regular occurrence that!

56 minutes ago, Bofabairn said:

Hartley had nothing to do with the end of the academy. 

Hartley had nothing to do with the end of the academy. 

Not to defend Bofa here but are you honestly saying that Hartley would have preferred that funds continued to be directed to the academy rather than to fund sourcing and paying players from the English lower leagues?

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Not to defend Bofa here but are you honestly saying that Hartley would have preferred that funds continued to be directed to the academy rather than to fund sourcing and paying players from the English lower leagues?

I don't know what he would have preferred. Stop trying to twist things. 

I don't know what he would have preferred. Stop trying to twist things. 

Not twisting anything.
However I don’t really see how you conclude that the strategy that we have adopted this season and the closure of the academy are completely unrelated?

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Hartley had no say in the "strategy", none whatsoever.. If this season turns into another disaster, those who were responsible for it, one in particular, should be the first to clear their desks.

Hartley had no say in the "strategy", none whatsoever.. If this season turns into another disaster, those who were responsible for it, one in particular, should be the first to clear their desks.

Do explain?
I simply cannot see how a manager, known for sourcing players from down south had no say whatsoever in choosing to do so this season?
To be clear, I am not criticising the decision, the results of which have yet to be proven either way, but it does appear that Hartley’s getting an incredible free ride from many of our supporters at times and I don’t quite understand why.

24 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Do explain?
I simply cannot see how a manager, known for sourcing players from down south had no say whatsoever in choosing to do so this season?
To be clear, I am not criticising the decision, the results of which have yet to be proven either way, but it does appear that Hartley’s getting an incredible free ride from many of our supporters at times and I don’t quite understand why.

I wouldn't say our supporters generally are giving him a free ride. The issue is with a few deluded supporters on here who seem to think he's Pep Guardiola and regard any criticism whatsoever as 'knicker wetting' or even better IMO 'wanting us to lose'.

57 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Lee and Mark? First name terms with them are we?

I hear Kerr is causing bother in the Ayr dressing room now. It's becoming a regular occurrence that!

I've heard nothing of the sort about Kerr at Ayr. I belive its quite the opposite in fact.

Archived