The April Friendship Derby - Clyde vs Berwick Rangers

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DutchBorderer said:

Our clubs are umbilically bound, it seems. Will it still be called the Friendschip Derby next season?

Possibly the Relationship Derby next year DB, I think we’re ready to take it further.

We were utter garbage today. Conceded two poor goals and lost count of amount of times we were caught off side.Thought Duffie had a good game but struggling after that.

Lennon and the team done well to take it to the last game but disappointing way to finish it.

So much for the friendship derby a red card for Berwick and the Berwick number 3 was a moany b*****d the whole game! [emoji23]

Awkward...! Ah, seriously now. I hope this won't stop selection boxes being shared among friends at Broadwood in winter time once again.

Needless to say we bottled it. But we should credit Berwick; it wasn't all us. They're a big side, physical from back to front, and we barely got behind them. David Goodwillie had his worst game in a Clyde shirt, for sure. Totally anonymous. A very similar Berwick to the one we played at Shielfield last time. What was more impressive though, this time round, was their attitude. To play like that with only pride at stake? To last as well as that after a midweek game? Brilliant really. Hats off. 

Our approach to the first-half was deplorable. You can play through a team like we tried to when they're tired, or maybe even when you've a big second forward, but none of things were there. Goodwillie was frozen solid. And the movement around him was negligible. Reminds me of Chapman's mental approach to one game earlier in the season. We should simply have abandoned it: feeding the full-backs from the back and having McStay and Grant come between the defenders. Crap. Launch it! Aye, it'd be hard going too, but Goodie's always good for a turn or a burst of pace, even against bigger players. Rotten.

Second half wasn't much better; kept-up that nonsense, and Berwick were only obliged to crowd us out. Which they did very successfully.

Congratulations to Stirling and Stenny; think we all saw it coming. Wouldn't quibble with either holding onto a play-off spot, really well dug out in the end. And huge congratulations to Montrose, who predictably, to me at least, take the top brass. Stewart Petrie's done a brilliant job there on what certainly won't be the biggest budget in the league. Just a great combination of player sourcing, youth and experience, and management through the season.

We'll start next year....!

Awkward...! Ah, seriously now. I hope this won't stop selection boxes being shared among friends at Broadwood in winter time once again.

Needless to say we bottled it. But we should credit Berwick; it wasn't all us. They're a big side, physical from back to front, and we barely got behind them. David Goodwillie had his worst game in a Clyde shirt, for sure. Totally anonymous. A very similar Berwick to the one we played at Shielfield last time. What was more impressive though, this time round, was their attitude. To play like that with only pride at stake? To last as well as that after a midweek game? Brilliant really. Hats off. 

Our approach to the first-half was deplorable. You can play through a team like we tried to when they're tired, or maybe even when you've a big second forward, but none of things were there. Goodwillie was frozen solid. And the movement around him was negligible. Reminds me of Chapman's mental approach to one game earlier in the season. We should simply have abandoned it: feeding the full-backs from the back and having McStay and Grant come between the defenders. Crap. Launch it! Aye, it'd be hard going too, but Goodie's always good for a turn or a burst of pace, even against bigger players. Rotten.

Second half wasn't much better; kept-up that nonsense, and Berwick were only obliged to crowd us out. Which they did very successfully.

Congratulations to Stirling and Stenny; think we all saw it coming. Wouldn't quibble with either holding onto a play-off spot, really well dug out in the end. And huge congratulations to Montrose, who predictably, to me at least, take the top brass. Stewart Petrie's done a brilliant job there on what certainly won't be the biggest budget in the league. Just a great combination of player sourcing, youth and experience, and management through the season.

We'll start next year....!

Glorious nicoll suspended how did that one work out ?
Takes something away from mcstay's game how did that work out ?

We were awful today and Berwick thouroughly deserved to win. We couldn’t string two passes together.

Seems very petty for me to mention the officials but that was incredible. Every single decision the referee and stand side lineman looked at each other to make the call. You can forgive the odd wrong decision but to simply not pay attention and hope the other did is unforgivable. Totally useless. 

a bit of a a sickener today but with stenny drawing it was always going to be a disappointment but hey it's days like today that make the sporadic triumphs all the sweeter but we're clyde it's never easy when we needed our big players to seize the moment thought goodie and mcstay had off days  but think we can be optimistic for next season with justified confidence finally hope Peterhead go up just to get rid of them 

We were awful today and Berwick thouroughly deserved to win. We couldn’t string two passes together.
Seems very petty for me to mention the officials but that was incredible. Every single decision the referee and stand side lineman looked at each other to make the call. You can forgive the odd wrong decision but to simply not pay attention and hope the other did is unforgivable. Totally useless. 
The first of the two dreadful tackles on Boyle being an example. Referee didn't even give a yellow.

However, we were beaten by the better team on the day.

Berwick deserved to win , think we have a pretty young team and they froze , need a couple of experienced players to guide them would keep Kevin nicoll thought we missed him in the middle if the park

Archived