Stirling Albion -vs- Stenhousemuir (The New Friendship Derby)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PELE said:

Who is going Austria and who is going West Germany? That's the important question.

Well we have the Germans to thank for helping create Stirling Albion so its us the Germans and Stenny the Austrians. 

Funnily enough since the tannoy fella anounced after ten minutes Clyde were one down to Berwick (are they allowed to give updates from other games mid match? 8)) barely a chance has been created and hardly a tackle made :lol:

Congratulations to everyone involved. I'm pleased to have finished in fourth place - I really fancy our chances against Queen's Park. We've played them in the play-offs twice before and beaten them on both occasions, and I think we can do it again.

Awful game but job done.

Bring on Peterheid.

Can't see Stirling beat peterhead over two legs

And before you say don't think we would either

Hope peterhead do go up for the simple reason of travelling and Stirling is my favourite away ground

Well, we are now faced with the tie that I personally didn’t want, and on today’s performance alone, it’s hard to see how we will get through it.

I’m not normally Mr Doom And Gloom but I just think we have got to be realistic, we’ll have done well to get through this, especially if Darren Smith isn’t back and maybe even Andy Little.

We really we’re wasteful on the ball today and I honestly think that for long periods of the match, Stenhousemuir were the better side. They don’t seem as slick and sharp as they were a few months ago, and thankfully Peaso managed to finish off our only chance of the match.

There were some laughs around about my seat when Ross McGeachie was announced as MOTM, but who would you honestly have given it to?

So we have achieved the aim of making the Play Offs, well done to every player who played their part in achieving that. Going by Dave Mackay’s reaction on the sideline, he’s not a happy man, so I suspect there was little in the way of celebration in the dressing room as was the case in the stand.

Funnily enough since the tannoy fella anounced after ten minutes Clyde were one down to Berwick (are they allowed to give updates from other games mid match? 

You are, but Dave Mackay went absolutely mental at the announcement, hence why it was the only update on the score [emoji23]

Well we got the job done in the end but as I entered Forthbank noticed the Samaritans were collecting money and I hoped it was not a bad omen for us but fortunately for us Clyde losing and Peaso`s  goal made sure Albion fans did not require their services tonight so its onwards to Wednesday night and Peterhead. 

Not exactly looking forward to this game as I feel if we play like today then expect Peterhead to win. Still we are in with a chance and whose to say we wont surprise Peterhead over the 2 legs. 

Would love to see Albion do Peterhead as I think we would take them easily over 2 legs.  Good to see Mark back although he was coming on and then he wasn't and then he was.

Albion rovers got relegated automatically please keep up

Archived