Stirling Albion -vs- Stenhousemuir (The New Friendship Derby)

This was the game nobody wanted to win. In the end we engineered 4th position quite nicely. Difficult to gauge much from the game but I’d be confident if we got the chance to face Stirling in the play offs.

Good to see McGuigan back. Hopefully get him and Dallas up front. I think they could be a good combination. Only worry from today was Paton limping off. We have a chance with him; less so without.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't see anything but a draw in this one. Not saying there was anything dodgy but little incentive for either team to go for it. Disappointed we missed out but the league table doesn't lie ! Just hope Stenny stuff QP....

Least yer no raging that's the main thing.

Of course we are raging [emoji23] it's football what do you expect best wishes ?
I do hope peterhead go up they would present the greatest hurdle to winning promotion look at the number of points it took Montrose to win the league . Also the travelling stenny Stirling, queens park Albion rovers all close and good away trips [emoji106]

And the best of all a huge GIRUY [emoji6]

I think this result confirms Brown Ferguson deserves another crack of the whip regardless of playoff outcome.

Across the season I think we've been the better team in far more matches than we've actually won. That's our own fault due to poor finishing but at least it's something to build on. If we don't go up I'd agree that for all team's chances next year it's best the moneybags of Peterhead go up

Least yer no raging that's the main thing.
I'm not raging at all. I'm just being realistic.

Clyde have finished the season with our supporters full of optimism, feeling the club are on an upward trajectory.

I doubt either Stirling Albion or Stenhousemuir fans have that looking at their fans posts on here.

16 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I'm not raging at all. I'm just being realistic.

Clyde have finished the season with our supporters full of optimism, feeling the club are on an upward trajectory.

I doubt either Stirling Albion or Stenhousemuir fans have that looking at their fans posts on here.

Au contraire my friend.

We have investors waiting in the wings and as such our future looks bright.

49 minutes ago, sydney said:

Couldn't see anything but a draw in this one. Not saying there was anything dodgy but little incentive for either team to go for it. Disappointed we missed out but the league table doesn't lie ! Just hope Stenny stuff QP....

How cute.

13 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Hanging around division 2 threads
Getting used to next season ?

Just having a wee look at the chat from our opponents on Tuesday. We may well be down, but either way I’m looking forward to the “we’d have won those playoffs if we’d finished 4th” followed by installing yourselves as title favourites for the eighth season running, followed by “Naw, it’s different this time. We really are favourites this time” for the eighth season running.

Just now, SLClyde said:

See you all next season, can't  wait for qp to be back down. Stirling and stenny as well. 

I know how much you miss your big game. I’d be dying for us to come down if I was a Clyde fan as well.

I've no doubt you'll both be in the same league next season as Clyde. Enjoy the playoffs and prepare for another season in league two.

Your salty tears are making me even happier. Get it right up you.

Archived