The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not try Bradley Walsh,knocking on a bit now(pushing 60ish) and better known for his acting ability but sure he could still play the part of a wayward footballer desperate to play with like minded desperados..hope your season is the usual big disappointment!!

27 minutes ago, jinky said:

Why not try Bradley Walsh,knocking on a bit now(pushing 60ish) and better known for his acting ability but sure he could still play the part of a wayward footballer desperate to play with like minded desperados..hope your season is the usual big disappointment!!

Are you alright? Looks a bit like you've just had a stroke while sitting at the keyboard. 

On 7/25/2018 at 23:44, Yur maw punts cooncil said:

Respecting a convicted rapist.....says a lot about you and your club, totally lacking in any form of decency. Alan lithgow all over again. Horrible club horrible fans.

Boy deserves every bit of abuse he gets. Hopefully one day some big hero of a defender kneecaps him and ends his career. Or even better his neck emoji106.png

Not everyone agrees with the Goodwillie situation so it'd be good of you to give the name calling and tarring with the same brush a bye ya tadger. Did you get your social worker to type that one out? You must struggle with your webbed features. 

Obvious troll is obvious.

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

If Danny is around tomorrow can someone just ask him face to face where Hopkirk is please?

I have a hospitality ticket so if I get a chance I'll bring it up. 

Starting to believe the rumours may be true, so I hold my hands up for criticism of previous posters questioning it!

On tomorrow, I'm really just hoping we don't get bodied and give account of ourselves with a respectable scoreline.

I'd start with a team of:

Currie

Cuddihy; Rumsby; Nicol; Cogill; McNiff;

Love; Rankin; Grant; Lamont; 

Goodwillie. 

Means we can keep a solid shape at the back, when we're in possession/attacking Love push forward to support Goodie; Cuddihy forward into space left by Love and can have a midfield and back 4 whilst maintaining a shape. Also means we can have legs in Boyle, McStay and Ferns off the bench if we do hold out and can have an impact later in the game.

*I know McStay being left out will be scoffed at, but he hasn't been brilliant so far (from reports I've heard) so I feel he'd have more impact as a set of fresh legs to change it up later on.

I assume since we're assuming Hopkirk is gone, we'll be looking at a loan striker?

The starting eleven were all terrific on Tuesday and played the way we'll probably need to in order to get something from this match, so the only change really for me is who replaces Stewart at left-back.  Not that I'd play the same midfield against Cowdenbeath in the league, we'll need Lamont and/or Boyle in for that one.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Should be a decent crowd, and a chance for us to show-off on telly. Hopefully a 5-0 win to clinch second spot, with Goodwillie having a stinker.

That was the first I've seen of us this season and there was a lot to like about that performance, up until the last 15 minutes or so anyway. There's not a huge amount to be taken from it as we will be the attacking/dominant force in many of our league fixtures, but we defended pretty well for the most part and generally used the ball well in possession. Rankin looks fairly tidy, and Hughes looked very assured at times although his distribution isn't a patch on Currie's.

In the main we played pretty well today. Motherwell’s fitness told as soon as they equalised but hard to complain much at all about that. The only major disapointment is the fact that 3 goals were all from crosses but all-in-all that’s got me really looking forward to next week.

Kieran Hughes had a pretty good debut as well. Handled all but one cross superbly.

Very decent performance today against a “Big Team” . Agree it’s disappointing we lost goals from crosses, have to remember though we had no full backs. Cuddihy might do ok as full back in L2 (although I do think he has a bit to offer as a midfielder which is what he is) and we know Cogill is a CH. 

As has been did before if we could get someone up top to help Goodwillie it would make a huge huge difference. Nevertheless 3-1 absolutely flattered Motherwell today.

38 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Very decent performance today against a “Big Team” . Agree it’s disappointing we lost goals from crosses, have to remember though we had no full backs.

The two goals that came from crosses were with a full-back on the pitch. I thought Cuddihy, after a shaky first 10 minutes, dealt with their only non-hammer thrower exceptionally well, backed up by McStay.

16 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Saw on the tele stuff with John Rankin a new boy at the training who hasn’t been in any of the games so far. Possibly the rumoured striker from Belgium?

Haven't heard these rumours myself, but possibly Morton flop Kabba-Modou Cham given the Allan Moore connection?

Archived