The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

12 minutes ago, David W said:

The two goals that came from crosses were with a full-back on the pitch. I thought Cuddihy, after a shaky first 10 minutes, dealt with their only non-hammer thrower exceptionally well, backed up by McStay.

You are probably correct, I really was  making the point that we were lacking fullbacks in general. Unfortunately the absence of Stewart was significant, no reflection on Cogill who stuck to his task well. Think it meant that Rankin had to do more running on the left hand side that he would have liked..took away any attacking threat.  That said don’t suppose today was the game to judge that side of things. As for  Cuddihy, I like him as a player and think he can be very effective in middle of the park.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What’s the confidence DGW will be at Clyde after the transfer window is shut? Personally I’m guessing 75% chance he stays put, any rumours of clubs in for him? Obviously some full time club may be sufficiently desperate for a goal scorer and may time their move after they’ve shifted season tickets to avoid a boycott.

In any case if 50 people stop going, they will be replaced by others if Goodwillie earns that team more wins. It’s not like Clyde’s attendances have suffered as far as I know. 

1 minute ago, BinoBalls said:

What’s the confidence DGW will be at Clyde after the transfer window is shut? Personally I’m guessing 75% chance he stays put, any rumours of clubs in for him? Obviously some full time club may be sufficiently desperate for a goal scorer and may time their move after they’ve shifted season tickets to avoid a boycott.

In any case if 50 people stop going, they will be replaced by others if Goodwillie earns that team more wins. It’s not like Clyde’s attendances have suffered as far as I know. 

If he were to go then it would have to be for a fairly sizeable fee (for this level, anyway), which would act as a deterrent/outright limiting factor to most clubs in Scotland. That's ignoring the potential backlash from fans and media frenzy which would accompany it. I think he's happy and feels valued here which certainly isn't a guarantee at any other club, so it would take a lucrative package for him (I would imagine he's on reasonable money with us) to see it as worth the risk, probably. Clyde have come in for a fair amount of scrutiny and negative publicity as a result of it which would only intensify the further up the pyramid he moved.

There were strong rumours about a month ago now of Livingston having tabled a bid, which were outright denied on their part after some fan backlash - fans of the same Livi who currently employ a criminally convicted sex pest and thug centre-back duo - which makes it hard to imagine any other clubs being in of a mind to take that sort of a gamble. Maybe Hamilton will, given their lack of fans, league standing and lucrative new cannabis oil sponsorship deal.

I sympathise for him - obviously not if he's a rapist, in which case I would rather he was in prison - because he really deserves to be playing in the Premiership, if not the top end of the Championship, and earning more out of the game. By all accounts he is a very honest and hard-working professional nowadays, even at a part-time club way below his level. 

Think he will stay unless someone pays over the odds

With DGW clyde start as favourites for me for automatic promotion.

P.s impressed with clyde today (for 70 minutes)

14 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Haven't heard these rumours myself, but possibly Morton flop Kabba-Modou Cham given the Allan Moore connection?

I actually saw him play for Morton a couple of times. If he was a flop, I don't think he was the same kind of flop as Aaron Wilford for example. He looked a decent big forward to me. Strong, good in the air, decent enough touch, held the ball up sensibly. Maybe could've done with a bit more time acculturating.

I'd take him. No danger.

Kevin Nicoll's performance yesterday is something he can't replicate on a weekly basis unfortunately. We really need a player with his other abilities, but with a lot more mobility. If we get that, and a big forward, we're an absolute shoe-in for the league.

If we don't, we're going to struggle to make a 4-4-2 because of how difficult it'll be to balance the centre of the park.

Would you be able to pick him out if he was in the dugout again? Most likely because he was wearing a monocle and a top hat whilst carrying a silver topped cane. How else would one recognise a gentleman?

How else would one recognise a gentleman?

A gentleman will always recognise another gentleman.

When walking he effortlessly carried himself in an upright, confident and elegant manner.

When sitting with his hands not actively engaged, they were placed upon his lap with his fingers interlocked as if in prayer. 

When standing, he displayed an upright posture, his stomach in, his shoulders square, his weight evenly balanced on both legs.

Finally, he successfully resisted his desire to shout "F**k Sake Duffie!!"

Archived