The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Our best players support that formation. I don’t think it’s a formation issue to be honest. The issue is in the four, the two and the one of that formation though. 
While I do agree I just find it frustrating we don't even try. We have the personnel to tweak things a little, even to go 3 CBs (depending on your vintage!).

Fwiw I do think Kerr deserves the window. We dont know, he may know rightly that he is missing leaders and has had his pre-season expectations of certain signings not hit the mark, and wishes to address that.

Think Kerr's job is made more difficult if he buries the current players and is then unable to replace them in this window.

Last January he brought in Gillespie, Drinan, Tiffoney and Malley (and although hard to judge with the shortened season) none of them were particularly great.

Anyone brought in this month are unlikely to be match fit straightaway if the 3 options are young players on loan, people who have been free agents for a while or experienced players who aren't getting a game. 

1 minute ago, GaryMc93 said:

Think Kerr's job is made more difficult if he buries the current players and is then unable to replace them in this window.

Last January he brought in Gillespie, Drinan, Tiffoney and Malley (and although hard to judge with the shortened season) none of them were particularly great.

Anyone brought in this month are unlikely to be match fit straightaway if the 3 options are young players on loan, people who have been free agents for a while or experienced players who aren't getting a game. 

Drinan was probably our best player in the 2nd half of last season

Today again confirmed how important a player Muirhead has become for us, whether or not we like to admit it.......

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

At the current moment, who could possibly take the reigns off of Kerr, I can't think of many. 🤔 John Hughes would have been, in my opinion, the better option for Ayr, now he's in the Highlands. 

Don’t suggest John Hughes. He seems to be a bit of a joke figure between the happy clappers. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Don’t suggest John Hughes. He seems to be a bit of a joke figure between the happy clappers. 

Wonder how John Hughes got in with the last team he took over struggling round the bottom end of the championship...:unsure2:

I've calmed down a bit. The manner of that performance has really irritated me. 2 cardinal sins committed:

Conceding one goal soon after another and Conceding a goal just after we scored.

Let's face it, Kerr will not be sacked and will get January to bring in reinforcements and I expect will get to seasons end. We really dont have enough character in the team, too many passengers, too many shirkers and too many happy to be second to the ball or where the ball isn't. Not enough willing to take responsibility.

We missed our only player with a bit of fire in Muirhead today. Leadership is an issue, especially to talk what is a young defence through the game. As a minimum, we need to go out and sign 3 starters (centre half, centre midfielder and a centre forward). Experience required in midfield and defense. The spine of our team is currently jelly.

This needs addressed in January which won't be easy. Our fixtures are all pretty tough after Alloa so we need to get our shit together and fast or we'll be staring at the relegation play offs rather than the promotion ones. I wouldn't be averse to a bigger clear out but its a hard thing to do in January. 

My patience hangs by a solitary thread. I am so disenchanted right now. 

Edited by Trogdor

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Wonder how John Hughes got in with the last team he took over struggling round the bottom end of the championship...:unsure2:

Ask Ryan Stevenson. 

Could only picture Yogi getting Salmon slapped for playing him in goal 😂

The Hughes hate is a bit puzzling.  Won the league with Falkirk, got Inverness to 2 cup finals and a top 4 premier league finish.  Raith were a rabble long before he arrived.  Moot point I suppose.  The opportunity to get him in as manager has psssed.

Where’s the turnaround going to come from? We’re needing to score 3 or so goals most weeks to earn a point never mind all 3. We need good players in and in soon, can’t see many wanting to come to a sinking ship of a team. Our continuous trait of capitulating when we concede doesn’t seem to be changing any time soon. I liked the look of what Kerr was building, but it just seems he doesn’t have what it takes and doesn’t have the necessary experience around him to see it through. We’re constantly making 2/3 changes to the starting 11 every week. For me that speaks volumes. 
Agree with this. Bad days when the manager doesn't even know his best starting 11

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

My patience hangs by a solitary thread. I am so disenchanted right now

Cheer up mate 😊

I'm certain that things will get better. They have to. Whether it's under Kerr or a manager that actually knows what the f*ck he's doing, Ayr will pick themselves up. 

Where’s the turnaround going to come from? We’re needing to score 3 or so goals most weeks to earn a point never mind all 3. We need good players in and in soon, can’t see many wanting to come to a sinking ship of a team. Our continuous trait of capitulating when we concede doesn’t seem to be changing any time soon. I liked the look of what Kerr was building, but it just seems he doesn’t have what it takes and doesn’t have the necessary experience around him to see it through. We’re constantly making 2/3 changes to the starting 11 every week. For me that speaks volumes. 
Are you new to football?

Earlier this season our defence looked hellish but then we went on a run of clean sheets that took everyone by surprise.

A couple of years ago shankland went from unplayable to a bit meh after what seemed like a relatively minor injury.

Things change... Literally all the time.

No-one in here is happy with the team at the moment, and there's clearly a few big problems. But losing the heid isn't going to fucking help.
You seem an arse licker
Wind your neck in.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Are you new to football?

Earlier this season our defence looked hellish but then we went on a run of clean sheets that took everyone by surprise.

A couple of years ago shankland went from unplayable to a bit meh after what seemed like a relatively minor injury.

Things change... Literally all the time.

No-one in here is happy with the team at the moment, and there's clearly a few big problems. But losing the heid isn't going to fucking help. Wind your neck in.

The defence looked hellish even when we did have a brief and improbable run of clean sheets.

We're in games and not getting results. We're not being over run, we're not taking hammerings from teams. We're not marooned at the bottom of the table. All valid reasons for getting rid of a manager. 

Hopefully the board look at the bigger picture. I've been watching this club long enough to know that at our level this is a talented squad albeit one that is underachieving in terms of results.

Knee jerk sackings are not the answer to our long term progression. 

3 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

We're in games and not getting results. We're not being over run, we're not taking hammerings from teams. We're not marooned at the bottom of the table. All valid reasons for getting rid of a manager. 

Hopefully the board look at the bigger picture. I've been watching this club long enough to know that at our level this is a talented squad albeit one that is underachieving in terms of results.

But where can you see the progress? 

We're barely in games. Most half hearted performances I've seen from an Ayr side in years. QoS could have scored a few more today. And within a month we could very well be bottom. Is sticking with a failing manager until we are marooned at the bottom of the table good for the long term progression of our club?

Can we trust Kerr to bring in the goods in the January transfer window? I'm not sure.

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Drinan was probably our best player in the 2nd half of last season

Today again confirmed how important a player Muirhead has become for us, whether or not we like to admit it.......

Although it became hoofball with him in the team I wouldn't disagree . He certainly had a work rate that Malley lacked although skills wise Malley was the better of the two.

However not sure Drinan was so impressive that Kerr needed to hold out all summer for him. If that's the style he wanted to play then Anderson was never a like for like replacement and it was clear he didn't know how to get the best out of him.

14 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Cheer up mate 😊

I'm certain that things will get better. They have to. Whether it's under Kerr or a manager that actually knows what the f*ck he's doing, Ayr will pick themselves up. 

I do try to be optimistic but that performance has totally done me in. 

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

But where can you see the progress? 

There hasn't been much, however, I can sort of see where this team build is going. Ayr are Lacking experience definitely. Need a experienced head at the back as the defence just falls to pieces. A Steven Bell/Jamie Adams type. However as some have mentioned, who wants to join a burning ship? 

Sinisalo < Doohan.