The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

For a club our size the temptation should always be to give youth a try, sign younger players / rough diamonds, develop them and hopefully sell them on for a profit.

The benefit of a couple of really experienced heads through the spine of the team shouldn't be overlooked either. I feel a couple of decent additions in January could really help the younger players. Reading only has 8 senior appearances for example. 

Anyone heard any rumours of incomings? 

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

For a club our size the temptation should always be to give youth a try, sign younger players / rough diamonds, develop them and hopefully sell them on for a profit.

The benefit of a couple of really experienced heads through the spine of the team shouldn't be overlooked either. I feel a couple of decent additions in January could really help the younger players. Reading only has 8 senior appearances for example. 

An experienced central midfielder in the Kerr mould and a striker are a must. 

I think Muirhead and Baird could be okay together but if we were being optimistic then a centre half too. 

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Drinan  can not be written off 

26 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Drinan  can not be written off 

He has his limitations, but I think he enjoyed his spell with us, will give 110% and definitely think he'd give us a focal point that we're definitely missing. 

Ndaba is a real talent on the latest Football Manager game as well. 😉

Someone who can perhaps play in the centre of midfield and cover for the centre halves if needed. We aren't far away from being an above average team in this league and got me that's the frustrating part. It is though, a results game. 

Hoping 2021 brings all of us with a black and white persuasion some cheer, on and off the pitch. All the best to you all on here. I've got some ice cold Guinness to get stuck into. 

i dont think who we get if anyone up front will make any difference. we are crying out for a captain, either at or CM, we need someone to drag the team through the tough times. If we can get that one player in January then we will be fine, although its neve that easy. It easy to get the right player technicaly its getting the personallites thats harder and where we have struggled this year. Player wise we have looked excellent, however its just not clicked on the park. Sometimes its not the best players, but what they add to the team that counts

Happy new year folks.

I am sure that after McCall left, Hughes was on Sportsound and was asked if he applied for the job and he said that as a former Ayr captain he didn't think he needed to. It turns out he did. 

Hughes has had decent success at clubs around Ayrs level and with his past history as a player would have been a good fit. However, his time at Raith, he just sounded mad, howling at the moon stuff. 

I think that any talk of changing managers at the moment is disrespectful, the noises coming from the management currently shows that they are not happy with the current group of players (they partly helped to assemble) and are looking to improve that, Where we are the final third of the season will be when we can look at how far we have came in Kerr's first attempt at recruitment and how he manages them. 

6 hours ago, honestly united said:

i dont think who we get if anyone up front will make any difference. we are crying out for a captain, either at or CM, we need someone to drag the team through the tough times. If we can get that one player in January then we will be fine, although its neve that easy. It easy to get the right player technicaly its getting the personallites thats harder and where we have struggled this year. Player wise we have looked excellent, however its just not clicked on the park. Sometimes its not the best players, but what they add to the team that counts

Does Andy Murdoch not fit the bill? As you say we already have sone good players on paper but it would be interesting to know why it’s not working out on the park 

It's 'Hammer' time IMO
Jordan White was an absolute donkey at this level IMO, just bulldozed his way about the pitch. How on earth he ever actually got a premiership move I don't know.

Hope it's not him, he's way worse than Drinan IMO

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Jordan White was an absolute donkey at this level IMO, just bulldozed his way about the pitch. How on earth he ever actually got a premiership move I don't know.

Hope it's not him, he's way worse than Drinan IMO

I was suggesting a different player to White. 

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I have literally no idea who hammer time is in reference to! 

Jamie Gullan - I have made this signing suggestion up but it IMO matches the top Premiership club and is a player who might become available.  

Screenshot_20210101-114347.png

Edited by itzdrk