The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Anderson had a chance to prove he was better than a championship player at Ayr and prove he deserved a chance at Aberdeen and has failed miserably. Tonight, he put his first touch out for a goal kick from about 20 yards out. You can say it is a mental or personal issue but why was he A. Making himself available to play or B.being played at all ? he genuinely looked like he was in the huff the whole time he was at Ayr, an absolute charlatan.

It reminds me of Derek Adams time at Ayr,obviously thought he was better than our level and didn't try in the slightest before slagging the club off when he left. 

He might turn out to be a player in the future but he was a waste of a wage at Ayr, no effort or enthusiasm. You couldn't say he was below our level because he didn't do anything. 

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

When you were beginning to think good riddance to McCall leaving and now realising you need him back to save the sinking ship.

Ayr United make cheeky bid to lure Kilmarnock striker Kris Boyd to Somerset  Park

Partick might not be difficult to deal with judging by his form. Just as he "gets his ambition back" he turns out to be crap. 

Maybe he'll get his director of football role now, 

Was impressed by Kerrs post match interview, sounds like he has lost patience with a lot of players and that was the main reason why he played tonight. He said he needs someone with a bit more effort up front. Highlighted the passing from the back and full-backs getting further up the pitch. 

He is the only one that can sort it, don't know if it is a discipline issue or a man management issue that is causing the message to go missing from the training pitch to match days.

33 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Partick might not be difficult to deal with judging by his form. Just as he "gets his ambition back" he turns out to be crap. 

Maybe he'll get his director of football role now, 

As it's shown with him at Partick sometimes it's a good idea not to return for a second spell cause it won't live up to the first and think same could be said for coming back to Ayr.

Makes me really sad how it ended, he should have left after the Inverness game if the fire had gone from the challenge with us.

He was a legend, deserving of a much better send off.

51 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Was impressed by Kerrs post match interview, sounds like he has lost patience with a lot of players and that was the main reason why he played tonight. He said he needs someone with a bit more effort up front. Highlighted the passing from the back and full-backs getting further up the pitch. 

He is the only one that can sort it, don't know if it is a discipline issue or a man management issue that is causing the message to go missing from the training pitch to match days.

If that’s the case he’d have been as well giving McKenzie or Cameron a run before now. Doubt either would contribute less than Anderson has.

Interesting that you mention discipline - we’ve gotten an awful lot of needless red cards since Kerr took over - mostly for Muirhead and McCowan. Both prone to losing the heid but don’t remember it being as big a problem under McCall.

Not surprising he’s been sent back. Just not cut it after a good start. If he could have had time again he might not go to San Marino to sit on the bench and stay and concentrate on getting all set with us. That definitely disrupted him, however he had a barrel of chances early on in the season and it just never happened and he’s downed tools since. Waste of a season for him and his development and I doubt he’ll be near the first team for Aberdeen. 

There is definitely a player in Anderson, he seems to have become more and more frustrated and disenchanted with life at Ayr. 

There is a degree of symmetry with Scott McKenna who was an utter bombscare for us and sent back to Aberdeen and moved on to bigger and better things since. I hope Anderson similarly manages to kick on when he's back at Aberdeen. 

Also, was reassuring to hear that Aberdeen know Ayr weren't the problem. It's been a useful relationship for us wrt. young players.

10 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I “signed” up for Black and White TV earlier. Don’t know if it’s just me being dense but the “cutting edge” interviews seem to stop at 7.48 mins (as do all the videos I’ve watched so far), rather annoyingly I can’t find the second part of them. Anyone else had this issue? 

Did you get it working?

I just tried and the videos seem okay for me and run beyond 7:48 mins.

Its a bit of a clunky interface though on my mobile I couldn't seem to fast forward or rewind the videos. 

13 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Did you get it working?

I just tried and the videos seem okay for me and run beyond 7:48 mins.

Its a bit of a clunky interface though on my mobile I couldn't seem to fast forward or rewind the videos. 

No they are still just cutting out at 7.48, I thought there would be a part 2 somewhere! Listened to half of Jamie Adams and Dave Smith and then they cut out. I'm using an iPad so dont know if that's the problem? 

21 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Yeah, its the same on desktop for me. Unable to pause it too.

I also find it a bit sneaky that you now have to pay for the highlights too.  

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Not surprising he’s been sent back. Just not cut it after a good start. If he could have had time again he might not go to San Marino to sit on the bench and stay and concentrate on getting all set with us. That definitely disrupted him, however he had a barrel of chances early on in the season and it just never happened and he’s downed tools since. Waste of a season for him and his development and I doubt he’ll be near the first team for Aberdeen. 

Failed loan spells happen, just ask Kevin Nisbet and King Lawrence. 

10 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Yeah, its the same on desktop for me. Unable to pause it too.

I also find it a bit sneaky that you now have to pay for the highlights too.  

Yeah bit of a fail on their part, with fans not allowed in I think  the  part time fans will drift away a bit.

21 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Yeah bit of a fail on their part, with fans not allowed in I think  the  part time fans will drift away a bit.

In principle, I think any content that was free before should really stay free in some form. IE - post match interview & highlights (these could be shortened highlights tbf).

Then behind the paywall we can have detailed highlights, player interviews, mid week management interview; replay of half time shows; other features like Ayr to Z etc. 

As you say, these are a means that some of our casual fans keep apprised of how the club is doing. Who presumably we still want to engage with.

47 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

No they are still just cutting out at 7.48, I thought there would be a part 2 somewhere! Listened to half of Jamie Adams and Dave Smith and then they cut out. I'm using an iPad so dont know if that's the problem? 

I think it could well be... see below, from the Jamie Adams interview. I paused at 11:05, the full interview is 12:35.

Screenshot_20201230-125346_Chrome.jpg