The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, North British said:

Ross County have punted Ross Stewart to Sunderland for £300k , I wonder if there planning spending some of that on Luke ?

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Are there teams watching Luke or is it just speculation on here ?  as I said last night, this is all news to me as I assumed Luke is in the same situation to Walsh, Smith etc, so don't really understand all the speculation surrounding his future all of a sudden ??

As for us bringing in up to two new players, personally I'd prefer us to try and tie down the likes of McCowan, Smith and Walsh on 18 months - 2 year deals as these are the sort of guys that you can really build a team around.

I would say just speculation on here , there is no talk at Ayr of him moving, if he had not scored 2 goals yesterday you can guarantee that any talk of him moving would never have been mentioned on here 

Edited by Robbo63

19 minutes ago, North British said:

Ross County have punted Ross Stewart to Sunderland for £300k , I wonder if there planning spending some of that on Luke ?

They replaced Ross Stewart before he left That’s the reason they signed Jordon White from Motherwell on loan , I would be astonished if he went to Ross County 

10 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

They should after they rinsed us for Chalmers.

The full 300k should be sufficient compo

Did we actually pay money? I remember them saying they negotiated him having his contract terminated, I’m not sure it was said they negotiated a fee. 

Did we actually pay money? I remember them saying they negotiated him having his contract terminated, I’m not sure it was said they negotiated a fee. 

Most likely paid up the final year of his contract. I really don’t think he’s been that bad but he is slow and doesn’t do enough defensively for me. He’s definitely just an average Championship midfielder and no more.

5 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Contact the email address given on site and the guys will look into it , they tend not to be on this forum , I had an issue with IPhone and they got it fixed for me , now on an IPad and iPhone 10 and have no issues with highlights 

I emailed them and got a very patronising response that it was all working at their end and must be my connection and that it works best on a pc or Mac which is hard wired to the network.....

Absolutely no recognition of the problem despite the fact I’m not the only one having issues.

My broadband is 100mbps fibre and I have absolute faith that the issue is not at my end.

Total OG by the club here.

Edited by Hazbart

On 30/01/2021 at 22:55, wuffster said:

That is all good to hear but is, frankly, baffling! No new cameras, no changes to the streaming setup (as far as I know - and there are definite improvements to be made there). Bit in bold shouldn't matter but does seem to... The light was a real pain in the first half and then a real pleasure when the floodlights came on in the secondhalf, literally the Golden Hour for filming. Camerawork was the usual ham-fisted fumblings.

I thought the frame rate was OK in the first half but it did deteriorate in the second. The odd thing is that it appears to be worse on one of the cameras. As you say, the number of people viewing should not matter. At no point was it particularly high quality though.

I had assumed the issue is the encoder rather than the camera, but that isn't supported by the fact that the footage on ayrunitedmedia suffers from the same problems.

Looking at the Dunfermline match last week, the live stream had a number of issues but someone confirmed that the camera was reasonable (JVC HM170U) and the highlights were excellent 1080p60 (and clearly from exactly the same source as the live feed). 

If I were to have to choose between a more competent stream or a better camera vantage point I would take the vantage point as this point.

Edited by rgreig

9 hours ago, rgreig said:

I thought the frame rate was OK in the first half but it did deteriorate in the second. The odd thing is that it appears to be worse on one of the cameras. As you say, the number of people viewing should not matter. At no point was it particularly high quality though.

I had assumed the issue is the encoder rather than the camera, but that isn't supported by the fact that the footage on ayrunitedmedia suffers from the same problems.

Looking at the Dunfermline match last week, the live stream had a number of issues but someone confirmed that the camera was reasonable (JVC HM170U) and the highlights were excellent 1080p60 (and clearly from exactly the same source as the live feed). 

If I were to have to choose between a more competent stream or a better camera vantage point I would take the vantage point as this point.

I thought our stream this week was better quality than Dunfermlines, not hugely, but noticeably

13 hours ago, Hazbart said:

I emailed them and got a very patronising response that it was all working at their end and must be my connection and that it works best on a pc or Mac which is hard wired to the network.....

Absolutely no recognition of the problem despite the fact I’m not the only one having issues.

My broadband is 100mbps fibre and I have absolute faith that the issue is not at my end.

Total OG by the club here.

I wouldn't read into what speed your provider claims you should be getting. I've spent the last 8 months having a go at Virgin about our 250mb connection (they've upped it to 350mb since with a higher upload speed as well). There are a million and 1 reasons why you connection can be unstable which ours has been multiple times. Where in general it works fine but when you are streaming or on a video call it'll randomly drop and freeze then be absolutely fine again. Ours was a mixture of old cabling in the house which was slightly frayed, the router being "unbalanced" with the network and our cabinet in the street also needing sorted (our area was originally kitted out by NTL in the 90s so Virgin have finally had to bite the bullet and invest in it.) 

If you are with Virgin you can run a self diagnosis via their website (which isn't always accurate but can flag issues), I would assume other ISPs offer a similar service. You can also ask your ISP to run a trace on the line so they can track issues. Another way to check is to run some speed tests, particularly handy if you are using WIFI. You may be towards the edge of the reasonable range of your router. We've had to buy a repeater for the flat because the router just can't shout through the thin plywood walls as far as we need it to. It is essentially a game of trial and error which requires a fair bit of patience whilst you try various options such as switching channel if you live in a busy residential area. 

Trying to narrow it down to your end or theirs can be a challenge and massively frustrating as I absolutely appreciate with the house of my life I'll never get back being on hold to those charlatans at VM. 

I thought our stream this week was better quality than Dunfermlines, not hugely, but noticeably
I believe Dunfermline had an issue last week that meant the stream went out at a lower quality than usual, so what you saw might not be their usual offering

29 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

I wouldn't read into what speed your provider claims you should be getting. I've spent the last 8 months having a go at Virgin about our 250mb connection (they've upped it to 350mb since with a higher upload speed as well). There are a million and 1 reasons why you connection can be unstable which ours has been multiple times. Where in general it works fine but when you are streaming or on a video call it'll randomly drop and freeze then be absolutely fine again. Ours was a mixture of old cabling in the house which was slightly frayed, the router being "unbalanced" with the network and our cabinet in the street also needing sorted (our area was originally kitted out by NTL in the 90s so Virgin have finally had to bite the bullet and invest in it.) 

If you are with Virgin you can run a self diagnosis via their website (which isn't always accurate but can flag issues), I would assume other ISPs offer a similar service. You can also ask your ISP to run a trace on the line so they can track issues. Another way to check is to run some speed tests, particularly handy if you are using WIFI. You may be towards the edge of the reasonable range of your router. We've had to buy a repeater for the flat because the router just can't shout through the thin plywood walls as far as we need it to. It is essentially a game of trial and error which requires a fair bit of patience whilst you try various options such as switching channel if you live in a busy residential area. 

Trying to narrow it down to your end or theirs can be a challenge and massively frustrating as I absolutely appreciate with the house of my life I'll never get back being on hold to those charlatans at VM. 

Yeah i know all that mate but I’m not in the U.K. I’m also a new development with fibre cable Directly to my house then cat 6 cabling to a couple of access points around my house.

My internet speeds are fine in every other way. I video call friends and family at home, we stream from every media provider and I often stream from Hesgoal.com to my tv if there is a game I want to watch that I can’t stream on a legal platform.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect to watch 8 mins of low quality video highlights without them buffering every 20 seconds.

Incidentally I streamed the highlights the Alloa lad posted on the match thread without issue and despite the camera being a hit far away they were superior to ours in every other way.

Edited by Hazbart

23 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Robbie Crawford made his move to Motherwell permanent i see, hope he doesn't end up playing against us in the championship next season or the play offs lol

Its good to see him getting games tbf. I felt a bit sorry for him at Livingston, it seemed like he didn't really get a look in.