The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Defence seems sorted now other than a keeper - now for the more important stuff - how on earth are we going to score any goals???? As I said yesterday those will be the signings that will define our season 

FWIW I liked Fjortoft each time I saw him play and would have been happy enough with him at East end, I know nothing about McAllister and I only know of McGinty cause of how widely panned he is on here by Thistle and Morten fans.

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Incredible that Ross County appointed a racist yesterday, Dunfermline are about to appoint Peter Grant yet we have managed to be the laughing stock of Scottish Football. 

Utter nonsense 

While I like Fjortoft, if you gave me a choice between keeping both him and McGinty or losing them both then this is definitely the preferred option. Knowing McGinty will never play for us again is such a relief.

Three signings from Morton and two of them are players no would have considered keeping. Orsi and Blues next please.

Can't thank you enough for ensuring McGinty never disgraces the Morton shirt again.

In fact you took the 2 weakest of our 4 central defenders and a pointless 'utility player so all 8n, sterling work from Ayr.

We still have a few more hopeless 'Hoppy's boys' left so keep them coming.

Sesame Street Thank You GIF by HBO Max

Edited by Jamie_M

So we have a back 5 of Houston,Fjortoft,Baird, McGinty and Reading

McAllister, Muirhead and Chalmers in midfield so far 

Salkeld and Moffat up front

Going by what others say of Hopkins preferred formation anyway. 

Edited by davidkennedyshand

21 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

2 out of 3 are good signings as I believe McAllister will be a good find. McGinty will be up against it with our fans until he does something to change our minds.

McGinty to score the winner in the first Ayrshire derby of the season.

22 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I get that manager's will go for players that have been over the course in the past but to sign 3 of last seasons Morton team and for not one of them to be McAdams, Strapp or Jacobs worries me greatly. 

Presumably there will be compo to sort out for McAdams if he goes as we will have offered him a new deal.

Probably peanuts right enough.

The funny thing is that all 3 of the Morton lads have made a point in saying how eager they were to get back playing under him. Granted Morton were piss poor last season but what they really lacked was a half decent striker to get them goals. I think it was quite clear there were a few guys that weren’t interested in playing for Hopkin last season so I want to see what happens when he has guys that buy into his way of playing.

Hopkin saw firsthand how that Morton team turned out last season. Either he's flawed in his recruitment abilities or too stubborn to see things differently. It's a dangerous combination. 

If you keep doing the same things how do you expect things to change? 

I'm hoping for some more positivity and signs in the next raft of signings that our ambitions from the outset of next season, aren't merely survival. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

The funny thing is that all 3 of the Morton lads have made a point in saying how eager they were to get back playing under him. Granted Morton were piss poor last season but what they really lacked was a half decent striker to get them goals. I think it was quite clear there were a few guys that weren’t interested in playing for Hopkin last season so I want to see what happens when he has guys that buy into his way of playing.

Or he’s the only clown that thinks they are players

Or he’s the only clown that thinks they are players

McGinty was made captain after Hopkin left and he was offered a deal to stay on after this season. He’s maybe just one of those guys who to us, looks absolutely hopeless but to some football managers have certain qualities that they like.

Fjortoft has been good whenever I’ve seen him play.

3 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Hopkin saw firsthand how that Morton team turned out last season. Either he's flawed in his recruitment abilities or too stubborn to see things differently. It's a dangerous combination. 

If you keep doing the same things how do you expect things to change? 

I'm hoping for some more positivity and signs in the next raft of signings that our ambitions from the outset of next season, aren't merely survival. 

Not to mention complaining about the budget getting in the way of signing good players, before going on to sign about 18 more players in the following weeks. 

Edited by GiGi