The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, trainspotter said:

It was (slightly) rhetorical to be fair. I have very little memory of Johnston besides a last minute equaliser at home against, maybe, Clydebank. This was a time when I was at a lot more games than I manage these days as well.

I just remember him as a classy old fashioned type central midfield playmaker, of they type which are now very few and far between at any level of the game.

3 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I never got what the fuss about us having one keeper all year was. If ye have some youth keeper on the bench in case of injury/sending off yer fine. Then for any suspensions or injuries plead for an emergency loan and get it. 

The issue I had last yer was Hopkin moaning about the lack of budget for a back up keeper whilst signing fourteen right wingers.

The issue was that our youth keeper was never on the bench (apart from Cup games weirdly) so if McAdams got injured or sent off during a game, we were fecked. Every manager went with 7 outfield players on the bench.

If Chris W was on the bench every week, it wouldn't have been an issue.

53 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

If robbo / findlay or anyone else is around, I'm in the process of renewing my ST however it's just logging me straight into my account and not giving me an option of "renew", however it has prefilled all my address details etc. 

So, does it matter and can i just proceed or should I be doing something else ??

Cheers in advance for any assistance here.

That's it purchased one way or another.

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

That's it purchased one way or another.

I don't think it matters, the only thing is if you renew it means your black card with the qr code will still work. If you do a new one, I guess you need a new card?

I use my phone anyway so not a big deal but I know my grandad was a bit more worried as he uses his black card to get through the turnstile. 

Edited by Trogdor

16 minutes ago, madton said:

The issue was that our youth keeper was never on the bench (apart from Cup games weirdly) so if McAdams got injured or sent off during a game, we were fecked. Every manager went with 7 outfield players on the bench.

If Chris W was on the bench every week, it wouldn't have been an issue.

Meh. Naw even fussed about that. When was the last time we brought a keeper off the bench?

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

If robbo / findlay or anyone else is around, I'm in the process of renewing my ST however it's just logging me straight into my account and not giving me an option of "renew", however it has prefilled all my address details etc. 

So, does it matter and can i just proceed or should I be doing something else ??

Cheers in advance for any assistance here.

Pm me your name and I will check and mail you back 

7 minutes ago, .buzzy01 said:

I have a similar problem. Only lets me renew my supporters club ticket. Unable to tick the renew season ticket option.

Cal me in shop on 01292 263435 ext 5. and I can talk you through it or I could complete it here over the phone 

4 hours ago, Thumper said:

Last season did not prove anything good with respect to goalkeeper hiring strategies at Ayr United Football Club.

Having a goalkeeper get injured wasn't the clubs fault. When they did, we got a loan goalkeeper and had a youth keeper/loan keeper on the bench. 

which was my point, I didn't say they were any good or not. I said it was possible to not sign 2 full time first choice goalkeepers 

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That’s me renewed my season ticket. Now let’s get some actual gid footballers signed Hopkin. 

All under control , believe he is on holiday so announcements likely Tuesday when they turn up for training 

Josh Todd has signed for queens 

Wonder what happened there given he was keen to return?

Hopkin maybe wasn’t as willing for him to stay and didn’t match his offer or maybe he just wanted a club closer to home. I’d rather have seen him stay than leave purely because of how much we need forwards and attacking midfielders.

17 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Todd was a bit underwhelming for the majority of time he was with us, maybe have been better had he been match sharp but not that bothered he’s not stayed. 
although after last season I could say that about any of the players. 

Almost word for word what I was going to say. Not fussed that he's gone elsewhere if I'm honest. 

His goal at Inverness could turn out to be immensely valuable in the bigger scheme of things for us as a club, but overall I'd be hoping we can source better midfield options than him. 

Time will tell. 

I'm trying to decide which of you two it was standing 10 feet away from me on the terracing at Dens during a 4-0 defeat, shouting "f**k off Johnston" every time he touched the ball.

Not me either as I don’t tend to abuse our players as I prefer to save that for the opposition - Johnston’s no show in Perth did warrant some abuse when Moore completed his hat-trick though.

I was actually surprised at Johnston’s goals to games ratio for us when I had a look at his stats- certainly not a contribution I remember. He’’d be a very very long way down the list of best midfielders to play for Ayr though - would he really get a shirt in anyone’s dream Ayr team over the line of Brian McLaughlin, Johnny Graham, Davie McCulloch, Pat McGinlay etc?

It had also slipped my mind that Cammy Duncan had died - sad news to be reminded of that. Great keeper and a player who does deserve to be in a discussion about the best players to represent us in his position.

At least with Walsh and Todd now confirmed as gone Hopkin should know exactly what he wants/needs.

I’d say we need:

1x Gk (presuming our reserve keeper will sit on the bench)

2x Midfielders (Ideally they both need to be coming in as starters as not convinced with a midfield trio of Miller, Chalmers and Murdoch. Chalmers should be the only one in the starting 11 unless Murdoch is truly over his injury. 

2x Strikers- Again these need to be starters as McKenzie and Moffat aren’t starters for me. 

Hopefully the two boys come in from Burnley to bolster out the squad and push for starts. 

That would take us to a squad of 23 and would allow an Ecrepont/Hewitt/Smith to go out on loan. 

3 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Season ticket bought and a panda pal for my son .I take it I get a card sent out or is through phone ?

Cards collected in shop ( after Monday21st June) , you should have been sent an email after purchasing your tickets with the QR code of your tickets , any issues pm me with details and I can send you the link 

Edited by Finlay21