The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I see Rangers have released a swathe of youngsters. Wouldnt be suprised if we're linked with a few giving one of the new coaches background there 

Depo Mebude would be agood shout, looked very impressive for QOS on a Friday night game on the TV before he got his covid suspension

14 minutes ago, rb123! said:

So that'll be the 500 lucky ones then, pretty sure it's 500 crowds allowed just now IIRC

My understanding is that by the time the league starts we should be at 1000 , 500 is a recommendation your local council had the power to lower or increase that number 

Edited by Finlay21

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Interesting comments regarding Mark Kerr dismissal from 36:00 onwards 

What a load of balls. Mark Kerr was woefully out his depth as was demonstrated by our numerous late collapses and bizarre transfer dealing.

Yes he probably would still be in charge if Lachlan was still there but by his own admission, Lachlan always gave manager too much time.

People say loyalty in football is rare but when these guys idea of loyalty is sticking by their pals even when it’s clear they need to go maybe it’s not such a bad thing.

McCall will be looking for any opportunity to make any snide remarks about the club now since the only two people he was really loyal to are gone.

McCall did a great job for us and I'm thankful, he's however left and is just a wee mischief maker best to be ignored, the last chairman made a lazy cheap option (not for the first time) with Kerr who was a good guy, it failed miserably. 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

My understanding is that by the time the league starts we should be at 1000 , 500 is a recommendation your local council had the power to lower or increase that number 

Going by South Ayrshire's covid numbers i'll not hold my breath i'm afraid

54 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

McCall did a great job for us and I'm thankful, he's however left and is just a wee mischief maker best to be ignored, the last chairman made a lazy cheap option (not for the first time) with Kerr who was a good guy, it failed miserably. 

The jury's still out on whether Hopkin is an improvement tbh

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I personally couldn’t care less what Ian McCall has got to say about Ayr United. He walked out, f**k him. 

Agree with you on this , the guy is history and even though he done some good things for us ,it really is time to move on ,he couldn’t give 2 fvcks about us ,now all I want is us to beat his team every time we play them 

Edited by Finlay21

Different guy from the one I remember, in fact i'd have him as one of the best players I ever watched in an Ayr jersey. 
Absolute class.

A bold statement about a man who pulled on the jersey 24 times.

Just going back to Hopkins comments in the AP, I’m quite encouraged that we’re potentially bringing a couple different goalie options in on trial to see who’s worth signing. I know at Morton it was a contentious point that he only had one signed goalie last year but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he went and signed two this summer and let Sandberg go out on loan. I think we need to handle our academy goalies better and allow them to get first team football instead of having them waste away on the bench.

I've got nothing against McCall, extremely grateful for what he did for our club putting us back on the map and gaining a bit of respect within Scottish Football once again. At the end of the day he took us as far as he could and yes, he should have gone after Inverness game in the play off but football doesn't work around planned timings. 

Like what someone said on here the other week, not sure who, possibly @Hursty, would have been interesting what would have happend with McCall if Smith had come onto the scene a year earlier.

But point dwelling on the past, onwards and upwards and lets hope Hopkin has got a couple of decent strikers lined up, Todorov and Mebude could be a good pairing with a hitman to hold and lay it off to a skillful nippy strike partner...

COYH