The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Sorry to keep banging this drum, but can anyone explain what happens when the keeper you hire is not injured, but instead turns out to be shite? There was already a murmur of that happening a few pages back. Do you then bring in some unblooded 18-year-old for the next six months? You can't get an emergency loan of a keeper on the ground that yours isn't very good at football.

Hopefully we wont bring in someone shite. If Hopkin wants to sign either Danny Rogers or Colin Doyle then I'd understand your point of view, but bringing in someone decent you know what you're getting 

52 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would’ve preferred we announced folk ASAP in an attempt to try and boost ST sales.

This. Get the players in and try and get some much needed positivity back into the club

Is it time to break out the what's for lunch posts in the hope a signing happens or are we set on Tuesday? 
We are very much in one of those dead weeks between the early signings and training starting. Made the mistake of putting Scott Burns on twitter alerts as it is making Tuesday feel further and further away. 

https://pfascotland.co.uk/player-availability-list/

The players who have registered as available on the PFA list feels shorter than normal, couple of names on there who could maybe do a job for us though. Could Sam Jackson be a shout as a young keeper to shadow/push our main experienced? Starting to feel like Dryhoarse even suggesting this! 

3 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Is it time to break out the what's for lunch posts in the hope a signing happens or are we set on Tuesday? 
We are very much in one of those dead weeks between the early signings and training starting. Made the mistake of putting Scott Burns on twitter alerts as it is making Tuesday feel further and further away. 

The players who have registered as available on the PFA list feels shorter than normal, couple of names on there who could maybe do a job for us though. Could Sam Jackson be a shout as a young keeper to shadow/push our main experienced? Starting to feel like Dryhoarse even suggesting this! 

What a poor list of players that is 

6 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

What a poor list of players that is 

You think we've got problems, spare a thought for the national team,

In my dream last night Billy Gilmour and John McGinn were subbed off at half time against the Czechs and bizarrely replaced by Paul McStay and Ralph Milne ???

We were winning 2-0 at the time but not sure how it finished.

and No, I didn't pop 200 magic mushies or a couple of Acid before bed last night !!!

9 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Not sure it's been updated since the end of the 19/20 season as some on the list either have a club or been and gone at clubs that aren't listed as previous clubs. 

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think Robbo has already alluded to any signings being announced next week when pre season training commences. Hopefully get a few announced in one go and boost ST sales.

I think it will be start of next week , but led to believe deals are being done , season tickets going really well compared to same time in last few seasons , normally fans wait to a week or 2 away from first game but seem to be getting in early this season due to potential crowd limitations 

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I think it will be start of next week , but led to believe deals are being done , season tickets going really well compared to same time in last few seasons , normally fans wait to a week or 2 away from first game but seem to be getting in early this season due to potential crowd limitations 

It will be people like me considering it as you might not be guaranteed to see us play killie. I work 1 in 2  Saturdays but we might be season ticket only if numbers don’t get better

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

It will be people like me considering it as you might not be guaranteed to see us play killie. I work 1 in 2  Saturdays but we might be season ticket only if numbers don’t get better

I think I saw something along the lines of season ticket holders at Arbroath are likely the only way to get in based on projected sales and projected crowd restrictions 

40 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

That list truly is pants. I don't see anyone really worthwhile signing to improve or add depth to the Ayr team. I Will praise your way of thinking though 😊 would be good for Ayr to get a few body's in on a free. I use this site to see who's out of contract:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-championship/vertragslosespieler/wettbewerb/SC2

Some reasonable names there 😊

13 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:

What would happen if there's a 500 limit and a good number off season ticket holders can't go to games don't think it would be fair on the ones that can't go

Every club in the UK will be in same situation, I think we will be fine at around 1000

It’s because they are going to be able to watch the Mighty Killie [emoji106]