The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

50 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He broke his leg about 2 seasons ago now and hasn't played a game since. Would be a huge gamble on a player who was only ever lower Championship level in the first place. Think it was Hopkin that brought him back from his year abroad in South Africa though so he has signed him before but I think it was more of a formality of him just returning to the club 

Didn’t he play regularly when you finished second and won the playoffs?

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Didn’t he play regularly when you finished second and won the playoffs?

Think he was used in rotation with Jordan Thompson and Penrice that season. We also had Byrne playing the deeper role as well. He did play 20 league games that season, some off the bench but even then he's never been a huge standout player.

3 hours ago, wuffster said:

Unrelatedly, are people content with Hopkin getting the first round of league games before passing judgement? A 2-year deal suggests we might be in it for a long time, not a good time.

Yeah, first round of fixtures seems appropriate. Especially given how turgid the end of last season was. 

In terms of what I would be content with come the end of the season - it has to be 7th as a minimum and a good 7th not like 7th on goal difference from 9th. I really can't be fucked with another relegation scrap. 

I agree. Concede one goal and we are stuffed. "They shall not pass" has never been a particularly successful slogan even when the intention is good.
Unrelatedly, are people content with Hopkin getting the first round of league games before passing judgement? A 2-year deal suggests we might be in it for a long time, not a good time.

I’d like to see where we are after 5 games or so. I really don’t think Smith will hesitate to get rid of him if he isn’t happy but even then he’ll probably be willing to give him closer to Christmas time.

6 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d like to see where we are after 5 games or so. I really don’t think Smith will hesitate to get rid of him if he isn’t happy but even then he’ll probably be willing to give him closer to Christmas time.

Some killie fans at work were seated just in front of our directors at the game and reported "they were beeling" ! So take from that what you will . My feeling is Killie,Thistle and Pars will be in the top four . The fourth slot is wide open ,if we click then it should be within our grasp . Rovers , Accies and Cally will all fancy it as well .

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Think he was used in rotation with Jordan Thompson and Penrice that season. We also had Byrne playing the deeper role as well. He did play 20 league games that season, some off the bench but even then he's never been a huge standout player.

Cheers, not really a signing we want to be making then!

17 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Is Conway not retiring and opening up a barbers?  St J fans seem to think that.

If we had offered him silly money he would have came north for a year . At his age it isn't something we would get involved in .

42 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Is Conway not retiring and opening up a barbers?  St J fans seem to think that.

I always said that he was a cut above.

He could always combine the two of course and come home and open up "Super Hayr"

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

He could always combine the two of course and come home and open up "Super Hayr"

Would certainly create a buzz around the place.  Didn't think Saints were looking to trim their squad though.

I take it that there has been no further mention of the Burnley U23 squad or potential loan signings ??

That boy Mancini is looking increasingly good by the day.......

36 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The one thing that Ayr's sadly reduced high street landscape has always had going for it it pun potential. My favourites were absolutely effortless: Ayr Guitar and Heads of Ayr.

As for Saturday, it's certainly going to be interesting.

49 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Plenty of space in the car park to build that for him next to the hub. 

In case anyone is interested, the bookies seem to think KIllie are miles ahead of everyone else. They are 4/5 with 11/2 bar.

They then have a solid top 6, with Ayr rated a far out 7th place (33/1) with Queens (50/1), Arbroath (66/1) and Morton (66/1) all below us.

I know this isn't Ayr's rules as such, however can anyone explain why I would need to wear a mask standing in the open air on the NT when I don't anywhere else outside ?

Why can I take my mask off "indoors" (such as being seated in a Restaurant / Bar) but not when outdoors ???

Following the science ?

Medical Advice ??

Answers on a postcard.........

1 minute ago, malkyshotton said:

Most people took them off when they got to where they were standing, myself included. Nobody official said anything to anyone as far as I could see.

That's good, that's what I was hoping.

Every match I've watched on TV there's been little to no mask wearing either so must just be a tick box exercise to keep everyone right and everyone happy.