The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

You’d like to think it could but you seen how the day to day running of the club was lacking while the hub was being built.

Hopefully with the appointment of Mathie that will allow David Smith to focus on the day to day running of the club while Mathie focuses on the footballing side. 

Mathie has been appointed to oversee the day to day running of the  club , he has people below him doing a number of tasks and they just report to him now rather than David Smith , he will concentrate on the playing side but us responsible for everything, Dave Smith is chairman and will not be doing the day to day stuff , 

A roof on the North Terrace is a waste of time in my view. One of the reasons I stand there is to be open to the elements. I only move into the SRE if it's really really wet. On those few matches with sunshine I get sunburnt and on those cool evening it's the best place to watch football imo. A roof would not improve my experience.

The terracing is too shallow and the water pools at the middle and doesn't drain which is a bit annoying. Fixing that would be more to my liking.

Just now, rb123! said:

God knows what the situation will actually be for the derby because Sturgeon is imminently thinking of restrictions including football matched apparently

Not to be a doom merchant or anything...

We're so bad I'm hoping she stops the season and we stay up and can get Duffy emptied frankly. Playing it out I think we're 50/50 at automatic relegation. 

44 minutes ago, rb123! said:

God knows what the situation will actually be for the derby because Sturgeon is imminently thinking of restrictions including football matched apparently

Not to be a doom merchant or anything...

That clown Absoulotely can’t wait to put restrictions in place. Hospitality and football shafted again. 

20 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That clown Absoulotely can’t wait to put restrictions in place. Hospitality and football shafted again. 

Aye it'll all just be for a laugh if it happens cause Nicola hates pubs and football.  

That's why she locked us down when Slovakia and Austria did a few weeks ago :lol:

Was this post sponsored by that snowflake Northern England? 

Graeme Mathie is on the latest episode of Graham Spiers podcast. Probably makes similar points to the interview with B&W TV but expands a little. Also said he's had two meetings with Duffy this week and mentioned playing style. Came across like Duffy has told him you can't play good football in the Championship so expect his wish list for January is more Salkeld types and less O'Connor's.

6 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Behind both goals could do with this as well. Just to make it less crumbly and steeper, and a bit more appealing to new fans.

Probably cost quite a bit of a money for little benefit though.

Aye I'd just have it as the most obvious thing needing upgraded in the ground tbh. 

Graeme Mathie is on the latest episode of Graham Spiers podcast. Probably makes similar points to the interview with B&W TV but expands a little. Also said he's had two meetings with Duffy this week and mentioned playing style. Came across like Duffy has told him you can't play good football in the Championship so expect his wish list for January is more Salkeld types and less O'Connor's.
Fucking f**k me Malcolm Tucker gif

52 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

There's certain games or times of season where you can't play half decent football but you should be able to at least attempt it a lot of the time jesus christ.

Hope Mathie is telling Smith to get this dinosaur in the bin

6 minutes ago, rb123! said:

There's certain games or times of season where you can't play half decent football but you should be able to at least attempt it a lot of the time jesus christ.

Hope Mathie is telling Smith to get this dinosaur in the bin

I believe Mathie now has the authority to fire 

1 hour ago, GaryMc93 said:

There is a area in between Tiki Taka and goofball Jim. Just somewhere in there would be quite nice. Mathie has been at this level before with Hibs and won't be clueless as to the standard of play down here. 

Just get him punted please Graeme. 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There is a area in between Tiki Taka and goofball Jim. Just somewhere in there would be quite nice. Mathie has been at this level before with Hibs and won't be clueless as to the standard of play down here. 

Just get him punted please Graeme. 

Please! Please! Be ambitious and punt Duffy and re-appoint McCall.

Had a listen to the interview, sounds like he’s been talking to staff who have put him in his place 😀

he said he wanted to get the club involved in the community and was reminded they won a UEFA award for the work in the community.

He wants to start developing youth players and mentioned Crawford, McCowan and Forrest and was reminded about Shankland Harvey and Devlin.

He said it in a humble way and gave credit to Ayr and said it is something that needs harnessed and developed. 

He didn’t give the impression that he was about to sack Duffy any time soon. Spoke about playing style and not telling him what players to sign.

I get the feeling it will be more an organic process than immediate. That there will be a structure put in place first and a development plan rather than a quick fix. 

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Please! Please! Be ambitious and punt Duffy and re-appoint McCall.

McCall is one of the most organised managers in Scottish football. He has plans in place months in advance and it would be a massive mistake if Thistle got rid of him.

He needs good coaches working under him and is always suspect defensively. He needs a good coach who organises a deep defensive line.

Im sure you could tempt Duffy for the right price 🤞

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

McCall is one of the most organised managers in Scottish football. He has plans in place months in advance and it would be a massive mistake if Thistle got rid of him.

He needs good coaches working under him and is always suspect defensively. He needs a good coach who organises a deep defensive line.

Im sure you could tempt Duffy for the right price 🤞

I can only say what he is doing at Thistle this season. He is wasting Turner playing out of position to keep Bannigan and Docherty in the team. That combination does not work. We have no creativity in midfield. We rely too much on Tiffoney and when opposition snuffs him out we are fucked. McCall still doesn't know his best side yet and we are well into the season. He does not have the quality to take Thistle further. He has a decent budget. He signs decent players, but has no clue on how to use them. Be glad to see the back of him. It won't happen unfortunately. 

14 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

I can only say what he is doing at Thistle this season. He is wasting Turner playing out of position to keep Bannigan and Docherty in the team. That combination does not work. We have no creativity in midfield. We rely too much on Tiffoney and when opposition snuffs him out we are fucked. McCall still doesn't know his best side yet and we are well into the season. He does not have the quality to take Thistle further. He has a decent budget. He signs decent players, but has no clue on how to use them. Be glad to see the back of him. It won't happen unfortunately. 

He played Crawford and Murdoch out wide most weeks for us. He seems to sign a quality player when he gets the chance, regardless of whether he needs them or not. 
then rearranged the whole team to accommodate them.

I don’t think McCall will take Thistle up, or if he does, keep them there. But he will get them to be a top 4 championship team. The key will be who you replace him with and don’t be fooled by the stability he creates. It’ll all fall apart within weeks.

he is a great manager at this level, like Dick Campbell, he can get players to run through walls for him but he’s never managed the next step. He maybe peaked at Ayr and didn’t have the interest to rebuild and he’ll maybe do the same with thistle if a better job comes up.