LCB - Reading

RWB/RM - Rowe

RCM - McInroy

CM - Murdoch

LCM- Dempsey

LWB/LM - Maxwell

ST - Ashford

ST - Adeloye 

We play a 3-5-2 against Kilmarnock, and we’ll get murdered. We are nowhere near good enough to play that formation. The St Mirren game was a perfect example, where Bullen done a U-turn to a back 4 after half an hour when we were 2-0 down and the game was by.

3 at the back takes months of practice and working on, and you also need 3 very good defenders for a start. That’s no us.

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

The thing with Adeloye is that he hasn’t actually done enough to be considered un-droppable. If he was carrying this team with his individual performances and giving absolutely everything then fair enough and I’m sure Bullen would let it slide. However he doesn’t and he’s more a best of a bad bunch rather than being brilliant for us. He’s contributed a handful of goals but when he doesn’t score he doesn’t actually do anything else.

Ashford didn’t score today but I feel he linked up better with McInroy, Dempsey and Maxwell and was offering things that you don’t get with Adeloye. Whether they would work as a partnership I’m not sure but I’m far from the stage of calling for Adeloye to get into the team regardless of what’s going on behind the scenes. If he’s taking the huff and not bothering his arse in training then he get fucked tbh. He hasn’t done enough this season to think he can do what he wants.

I don’t think Adeloye can complain he isn’t starting right now, my main complaint is him not being used off the bench when it would improve things. 

I don’t think it’s fair to suggest he does nothing other than score goals though, at his best and when the attacking players are close to him, he can act well as a focal point. Thinking he can get fucked is pointless as well, it is only training and if we need to score a goal in a game he is the player we should be turning to every time - he can leave at the end of the season if Bullen is intent on players that run about as much as they can. 

8 hours ago, rb123! said:

Ayr United fans:

"Adeloye is a lazy shit who doesn't contribute anything to the team!"

Ayr United fans: 2 games later:

"We're fucking shit and Adeloye is our top scorer he has to start!

We're a fickle bunch that's for sure lol

Anybody who thinks the first part is an imbecile.  

6 hours ago, Hursty said:

Think its a split between  the fans to be fair.  Doubt anyone would have changed opinion.  He's a starter for me. 

100%. The lazy narrative seemed to gain traction with the boxing day game at Raith. With the half time character assassination. He scored in that game incidentally but was deemed to be lazy. Some on here and other forums latched onto it thereafter. With various snidey comments about his effort in training with no evidence offered. It's all supposition.

Ultimately Tomi has 10 goals. We're in such a bad way for goals that I have a funny feeling OG is our second top scorer. Let that sink in for a moment.

We're needing goals, we are able to make five subs and Bullen makes one and leaves Adeloye on the bench. It's a question of the manager's judgement and his ability to get the best out of the players.

Bullen needs to get Tomi firing or it could cost us our Championship status. That's not an exaggeration, we're in the mire here and can ill afford to leave a proven goalscorer as an unused sub. 

16 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Adeloye should start up front with ashford. In a 442 formation from now on .

1 up front is eye bleeding. 

No wonder adeloye is raging .an inform Gabriel batistuta couldn't score goals in this set up .

This! We need to win some actual games of football now to have any chance of staying in this league be it through the play offs or managing to get 8th. League 1 is a nightmare with and could easily see us being a Falkirk type club. Things have definitely improved off the park as things have gone on this season but this season has actually been worse than last year. An absolute disgrace from the lack of communication, 3 managers and an absolute shite squad. I like the look of some of the new boys and hopefully we improve but the last couple of seasons watching this team is soul destroying at times. 

Bullen shouldn’t be cutting his nose off to spite his face with Adeloye, he has to be used in some capacity, from the bench or whatever. If he’s that bad etc, why is he on the bench instead of Afolabi? Is he hoping that the recent snubs might set a fire in his belly for Wednesday night? Who knows, but a solution needs to be found and quick. 

We are in real danger of even finishing 10th imo. 

Our home results to date average 1.31 points per game. Whilst our away results are 0.6 ppg.

We have 5 home games left (predicted 6.54 points)

We have 7 away games left (predicted 4.2 points)

If we round that up - we're due 11 points.

If that were to transpire we'd finish on 34 points. We were bottom in 16/17 with 33 points.

I appreciate past results arent necessarily an accurate proxy of future results. However, it highlights my fear that we are sleepwalking toward relegation.

We need massive improvement in the coming weeks to get out of this. Incremental improvement just won't do.

Queens look like they are getting tailed off but they've dead catted it before. My biggest fear is having to go to Palmerston in the penultimate game of the season needing a result. 

I like what I have seen from Ashford so far and I’m not criticising him at all here. There was a chance that fell to ashford in the Patrick game that he missed, if Adeloye had the same chance he’d have scored it. 

the fact that there was only one substitution yesterday is odd especially since from the sound of it Dunfermline were there for the taking

It’s small margins that cost games , the chances that Maxwell and McKenzie missed should have been certain goals and it would be a total different feel on here today , either Tomi was there or not those 2 players should have scored 

Edited by Finlay21

32 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I like what I have seen from Ashford so far and I’m not criticising him at all here. There was a chance that fell to ashford in the Patrick game that he missed, if Adeloye had the same chance he’d have scored it. 

the fact that there was only one substitution yesterday is odd especially since from the sound of it Dunfermline were there for the taking

Playing against a very strong wind in second half I believe had a big influence on the substitutions , if we had wind in second half Adoloye I feel would certainly have been put on , against wind crosses were  not going in as wind was just blowing them back towards us , brought on O’Connor to take players on with ball on ground , to be honest I did not think he made any difference , McKenzie though should have been replaced last 20 minutes 

Tomi was at his best when either McKenzie was close to him working his socks off allowing him to get space or when Bradley was near him cleverly playing him in. Ashford looks decent and surely could play with Tomi. Good posts earlier how dreadful commentators and analysts both who've never remotely been near professional football did his legs, that has affected him and and as it stands along with Bullens continual attitude towards him will probably cost us our league status. 

Totally agree with Itzdark if fans think Tomi has contributed nothing they're morons. 

Bullen has 2 points from 12 including 3 games against relegation rivals 2 at home, we've scored 2 goals in 5 games including the whimper of a cup tie, we're possibly better organised in midfield and at the back but probably worse going forward, in all honestly I think we're down, not convinced on recruitment or tactics. 

League 1 is a considerably tougher league now I believe Mr Smith will have to re evaluate the time scale for his big plan sadly. 

13 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

Tomi was at his best when either McKenzie was close to him working his socks off allowing him to get space or when Bradley was near him cleverly playing him in. Ashford looks decent and surely could play with Tomi. Good posts earlier how dreadful commentators and analysts both who've never remotely been near professional football did his legs, that has affected him and and as it stands along with Bullens continual attitude towards him will probably cost us our league status. 

Totally agree with Itzdark if fans think Tomi has contributed nothing they're morons. 

Bullen has 2 points from 12 including 3 games against relegation rivals 2 at home, we've scored 2 goals in 5 games including the whimper of a cup tie, we're possibly better organised in midfield and at the back but probably worse going forward, in all honestly I think we're down, not convinced on recruitment or tactics. 

League 1 is a considerably tougher league now I believe Mr Smith will have to re evaluate the time scale for his big plan sadly. 

Can’t argue with a word of that mate 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

100%. The lazy narrative seemed to gain traction with the boxing day game at Raith. With the half time character assassination. He scored in that game incidentally but was deemed to be lazy. Some on here and other forums latched onto it thereafter. With various snidey comments about his effort in training with no evidence offered. It's all supposition.

Ultimately Tomi has 10 goals. We're in such a bad way for goals that I have a funny feeling OG is our second top scorer. Let that sink in for a moment.

We're needing goals, we are able to make five subs and Bullen makes one and leaves Adeloye on the bench. It's a question of the manager's judgement and his ability to get the best out of the players.

Bullen needs to get Tomi firing or it could cost us our Championship status. That's not an exaggeration, we're in the mire here and can ill afford to leave a proven goalscorer as an unused sub. 

Bizarrely, Tomi was excellent in that game as well. When players get anywhere close to him, he is a very good player at this level. Punt a ball in his vague direction and he will be awful - it isn’t laziness, it is the type of player he is. He absolutely ragdolled Mulgrew in that cup game, and has done it in most games when given support. I think some of his actions can look poor, (trying to buy free kicks)but he is doing this because generally no one is within fifty yards of him and is trying to drag us up the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

It’s small margins that cost games , the chances that Maxwell and McKenzie missed should have been certain goals and it would be a total different feel on here today , either Tomi was there or not those 2 players should have scored 

If he is adamant that McKenzie is playing, then Rowe absolutely has to start behind him to give us some kind of threat from that side. 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Wouldn't be that different. Even if we got 3 points yesterday it will take more than one game to change folks minds about our current predicament.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

We are in real danger of even finishing 10th imo. 

Our home results to date average 1.31 points per game. Whilst our away results are 0.6 ppg.

We have 5 home games left (predicted 6.54 points)

We have 7 away games left (predicted 4.2 points)

If we round that up - we're due 11 points.

If that were to transpire we'd finish on 34 points. We were bottom in 16/17 with 33 points.

I appreciate past results arent necessarily an accurate proxy of future results. However, it highlights my fear that we are sleepwalking toward relegation.

We need massive improvement in the coming weeks to get out of this. Incremental improvement just won't do.

Queens look like they are getting tailed off but they've dead catted it before. My biggest fear is having to go to Palmerston in the penultimate game of the season needing a result. 

Applying the same method to Queens remaining games (Home 0.75ppg; Away 0.91ppg) also gives us 11 points, so Ayr would finish above Queens.
Another possible way to look at it is to see how many points you got from the corresponding games first time round. Queens still come up with 11. But if you factor in that Morton are much improved and Queens are worse, at least 3 (more likely 4) of those points would have to be made up elsewhere. 
I think 11 is the maximum we’re going to get, which means finishing on 30 points.
It might change if Johnston gets sacked but that isn’t happening anytime soon.

25 minutes ago, Flash said:

Applying the same method to Queens remaining games (Home 0.75ppg; Away 0.91ppg) also gives us 11 points, so Ayr would finish above Queens.
Another possible way to look at it is to see how many points you got from the corresponding games first time round. Queens still come up with 11. But if you factor in that Morton are much improved and Queens are worse, at least 3 (more likely 4) of those points would have to be made up elsewhere. 
I think 11 is the maximum we’re going to get, which means finishing on 30 points.
It might change if Johnston gets sacked but that isn’t happening anytime soon.

Aye, I hadn't bothered looking at QoS's ppg to be fair. I'm surprised AJ is still there but he has a habit of pulling a run out of nowhere. I thought you lot were dead last season and you ended up pulling away and fizzled out at the end of the season.

Looking at our remaining games and our results first time round is not pleasant reading either. I make it 7 points for Ayr. So 30 points as well!!!

Killie (A) loss

ICT (A) loss

QoS (H) win (3 points total)

Raith (A) loss 

Killie (H) loss

Arbroath (A) draw (4 points total)

Morton (A) draw (5 points total)

Hamilton (H) draw (6 points total)

ICT (H) draw (7 points total)

Dunfermline (A) loss

QoS (A) loss

Partick (H) loss (7 points total)

Does someone not normally work out the probabilities of relegation/playoffs/promotion etc.? I think it's a Thistle fan. Is it @Fuctifano? I'd be interested to see how that looks especially with the league split in 2 as it is between top 5 bottom 5.

Edit - screwed up the maths.

Edited by Trogdor