The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

I want what you want but what message would that send out to the squad. Two way street.

That the rest of them can also start to contribute on the goals front too.... tbh I imagine they wouldn’t care if he is half arsing training if the team is more likely to win! 

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

On Adeloye... an important point which i think is being overlooked. 

We don't know for sure, but have a good idea he was the player who was racially abused a couple of weeks ago, for certain people it's not as easy as waking up the next morning and getting over that experience. 

So it's something which he may still be having difficulty getting over hence his absence from the first team, i'm sure in due course he'll get his chance back in the team. I'm pretty sure Bully too won't be the type of guy to throw someone under the bus infront of everyone else and will have pulled Tomi aside for a chat and is maybe just needing a couple of weeks to reset over what could have potentially been a difficult time for him. 

He already threw him under the bus when he brought Bryden on in front of him midweek IMO. 

If Bullen doesn't play Adeloye it may well cost him his job ultimately. It's Bullen's job to get the best out of all the players including Adeloye. It is that simple.

Let's trying playing with 2 fucking strikers would be a start. This is genuinely grim, we are sleepwalking towards relegation.

That simply wasn't good enough today. We need more than baby steps if we are to stay up. 

Adeloye seems to come across as a very reactionary character for positive and negative reasons. 

I remember for his 2nd goal against dunfermline where he used his strength to barge the keeper out to tap in. Then I see him against Hamilton last week constantly going down claiming for nothing. 

Personally not bothered about Tomi and he would be in no use if his attitude is stinking. 

10 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

The player with the racial abuse was confirmed as Gondoh 

That's that theory hit on the head then

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He already threw him under the bus when he brought Bryden on in front of him midweek IMO. 

He brought him on Tuesday at least, if he was completely scunnered with him he wouldn't be coming on at all or even in the team like Afalobi.

That's that theory hit on the head then

He brought him on Tuesday at least, if he was completely scunnered with him he wouldn't be coming on at all or even in the team like Afalobi.

He brought him on with two minutes left, having given a seventeen year old, who is nowhere near ready, half an hour instead. Tuesday was a power move, to show him who is boss - clear as day!

That Bryden has taken Moffat’s bench spot is frankly baffling too. I do find it strange that Afolabi has not even had any kind of chance under Bullen. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He brought him on with two minutes left, having given a seventeen year old, who is nowhere near ready, half an hour instead. Tuesday was a power move, to show him who is boss - clear as day!

That Bryden has taken Moffat’s bench spot is frankly baffling too. I do find it strange that Afolabi has not even had any kind of chance under Bullen. 

Bully on Thursday on team news saying was who was in the squad for Partick game was what he have for the rest of the season.

No idea what that means for Moff

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Clearly Moffat isn't puting the effort in, in training. Or do we just use that excuse for Adeloye?

Bully on Thursday on team news saying was who was in the squad for Partick game was what he have for the rest of the season.

No idea what that means for Moff

I am led to believe that Moff is working on the coaching side of the club but still a registered player if required 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Clearly Moffat isn't puting the effort in, in training. Or do we just use that excuse for Adeloye?

You could probably say that excuse to many of our players but I feel like Moffat is more concerned about his business than the football now. 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I have no heard anything derogatory about the effort Adoloye  is putting in at training , I think there must be more to it , rumours were there were clubs looking at him in the window , his head is maybe not in it at moment and needs time to get sorted 

One or two signs of improvement there compared to the last few matches, though with our wind assisted goal and Dunfermline hitting the post twice we got lucky at times.

Thought our midfield looked more capable today. McInroe was a particular standout as he always seemed to get stuck in and looked capable going forward. Ashford looked liked he could hold a ball up well and be a threat up front but as other posters have said he could be even more useful with someone supporting him up front.

Unfortunately this progress will not matter if our defence is still dreadful too many times in games. The corner Dumferline scored from seemed to cause total confusion in our box. The worst example was the 1 on 1 that only an excellent tackle from Reading prevented from being a second for Dunfermline. To me it looked like that originated solely from McGinty being so one footed that it gave time for the Dunferline guy to effortlessly get the ball and go 1 on 1 with McAdams with only Reading's intervention likely keeping it 1-1. How McGinty is still getting games when he practically gifts a goal a game is baffling, especially in the relegation fight we are in.

In regards to Tomi, his career pre us was a worry. Genuinely thought he'd turned a corner and was loving playing for us. He seemed to have a raport with the fans and things looked good. No idea what the issue is but him not even getting on for long (or at all) in the last few games when we've been crying out for a goalscorer is bizarre 

Edited by Thereisalight..

6 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

How McGinty is still getting games when he practically gifts a goal a game is baffling, especially in the relegation fight we are in.

It is baffling. How Bullen could watch that error from him today and think he's the centre half for me. If it wasn't for Reading we would have lost that game due to that McGinty brainfart. 

Edit -

Peter Murphy was capable of that fancy stuff when playing at centre half. However, he was a full internationalist and was technically very good. McGinty is neither. The sooner he is punted into the sea, the better.

Edited by Trogdor

6 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I have no heard anything derogatory about the effort Adoloye  is putting in at training , I think there must be more to it , rumours were there were clubs looking at him in the window , his head is maybe not in it at moment and needs time to get sorted 

That's reassuring in a way. Hopefully the character assassination narrative can stop about him not puting effort in.