The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Posted (edited)

Complaint into the club tonight. 

Tonight is without a doubt the worst experience I've had in a football ground in the UK in terms of being struck by food and other items, and zero help from any stewards.
For the entire of the second half Ireland were thrown towards the front of the terrace and the goalmouth by the young "supporters" towards the rear of the SRE. I was struck repeatedly, as were others, and when a complaint was made to the steward I was told "what do you want me to do?"
I asked repeatedly for a senior steward or supervisor to attend, to be told no-one was available, and when I asked what do you intend to do to stop this I was invited to "f**k off"
After the game I approached another steward outside, short with a beard and training top underneath his hi vis and asked where I could make a complaint. Again I was told it was the " young wans" and there was nothing they should do. 
I've attended games across the UK, Millwall and Cardiff away with Sunderland, high profile, "high risk" games and never got the objects thrown or piss poor attitude from stewards. I asking with others, have left the ground tonight covered in food debris with nothing from the club but a shrug.
Why on earth should I renew a season ticket for that?

Edited by Peil
Spelling/typos

4 minutes ago, Peil said:

Complaint into the club tonight. 

Tonight is without a doubt the worst experience I've had in a football ground in the UK in terms of being struck by food and other items, and zero help from any stewards.
For the entire of the second half Ireland were thrown towards the front of the terrace and the goalmouth by the young "supporters" towards the rear of the SRE. I was struck repeatedly, as we're others, and when a complaint was made to the steward I was told "what do you want me to do?"
I asked repeatedly for a senior steward or supervisor to attend, to be told no-one was available, and when I asked what do you intend to do to stop this I was invited to "f**k off"
After the game I approached another steward outside, short withy a beard and training to underneath his hi vis and asked where I could make a complaint. Again I was told it was the " young wans" and there was nothing they should do. 
I've attended games across the UK, Millwall and Cardiff away with Sunderland, high profile, "high risk" games and never got the objects thrown or piss poor attitude from stewards. I asking with others, have left the ground tonight covered in foot debris with nothing from there club but a shrug.
Why on earth should I renew a season ticket for that?

Probably move to the side a little so the wee fanny's can't hit you with anything would be a start. 

1 minute ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Probably move to the side a little so the wee fanny's can't hit you with anything would be a start. 

Aye that's the problem here

At least we got an entertaining game to end the season, we haven’t got many of them at home. 

McHugh has a ridiculous amount of ability, if he can get some consistency he’ll be a fantastic player. 

Chalmers is very much a moments player at the moment, two fantastic bits of play but pretty poor outwith that.

I liked the look of McRoberts - direct and athletic. 

I think I’m kind of looking forward to next season… I’m sure the positivity will end soon though. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

I liked the look of McRoberts - direct and athletic. 

from what i've seen of him at Home he looks really good and apparently Brown really rates him, took his goal well and Tomlinson did very well to get that ball into the box

No idea what happened to the keeper.  Didn’t seem to be any undue concern as the physio treated him then he just seemed to pass out.  Fingers crossed it’s not too serious.

Tonight was a timely reminder of what needs to change for next season. We can have all the infrastructure and coaching in place, but as long as this mob are still hanging around then we'll only ever be a bottom half team.

Musonda and McGinty were getting stuck into each other over whose fault the equaliser was.  Maybe it continued into the dressing room at half time.

Just now, Nelson said:

Musonda and McGinty were getting stuck into each other over whose fault the equaliser was.  Maybe it continued into the dressing room at half time.

Nah - Brown went mental at McGinty for about the third time in five minutes (not particularly about the goals) and then immediately told Tomlinson to get ready - this was maybe around five minutes before HT. 

Posted (edited)

Thank Christ this season is over.

I’m looking forward to this summer. Brown will have clear ideas of what constitutes quality at the this level, which will no doubt be entirely contrary to the pish we’ve been signing recently. Can see him overriding a few Glendinning inspired nuggets from the Isthmanian league in favour of somebody ready and able to make an impact. 

Brown has managed to make this team look competitive- if not inspiring - since he arrived. Looking forward to seeing what he can do with a full preseason and transfer window.

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

McGinty has his limitations but its a shame if that's his last game, I don't think he came over to the fans at the end. I know he's under contract but I won't be surprised if he negotiates a mutual consent release. 

I thought we were excellent for the first 30 minutes you could really see Browns philosophy with the high pressure and it was working we then conspire to give a crazy goal away and fall apart for 15 minutes second, half was just crazy and we could have easily won by a couple of goals at the end, let's see who Brown brings in but going by VOR we can expect a busy summer.

Just now, super_carson said:

McGinty has his limitations but its a shame if that's his last game, I don't think he came over to the fans at the end. I know he's under contract but I won't be surprised if he negotiates a mutual consent release. 

i don't think he ever came out from the tunnel after being subbed