The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

28 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Need to be in Ayrshire the morra so does anyone have an idea in Ayr of anywhere that might put a match on that's on YouTube? 

Red Stone.

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Red Stone.

Might be a pain in the arse from the train but I've kept a note! 

44 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

List of jobs you could trust Bullen with at the club

• Hospitality host
  • PA Announcer
  • Family stand capo
  • Co Comms on streams
  • Mascot
  • Ticket examiner
  • Steward

"Family stand capo" 🤣🤣🤣🤣

44 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

• Hospitality host
  • PA Announcer
  • Family stand capo
  • Co Comms on streams
  • Mascot
  • Ticket examiner
  • Steward

Karaoke compere. Outfitter. That guy that yells "SHOW MORE PASSION AYR" from the main stand at random intervals. Attack dog handler. Sheffield Wednesday Assistant Manager.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

• Hospitality host
  • PA Announcer
  • Family stand capo
  • Co Comms on streams
  • Mascot
  • Ticket examiner
  • Steward

Hub karaoke singer 

Saw this earlier and thought it was interesting. I can’t even remember much about him from that season. Did he win our POTY? 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Saw this earlier and thought it was interesting. I can’t even remember much about him from that season. Did he win our POTY? 

He was impressive - I liked him and thought he had good attributes to carve out a decent career.  Can’t remember if he won any POTY

20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Good shot stopper but had a tendency to punch everything. McCowan won POTY that season and McKenzie with 6 starts won YPOTY over Sinisalo and our other loan player.

6 hours ago, Nelson said:

Strange how you can see things differently.  For me, one of the most basic criticisms of Bullen was how poorly coached and disorganised we were.  We never seemed to have much of a plan other than hoof the ball to Dipo or give it to Chalmers and see if he can ping one in the top corner.  Our tactics (such as in the first leg against Partick or the home drubbing to Kilmarnock) were staggeringly naive at times and he never seemed to be able to change games or make effective substitutions (the Falkirk game being probably the worst example).  I’m not sure I did see much improvement in individual players.  McGinty maybe, but the criticism of him was always OTT.  You could give him credit for Dipo I suppose, but I think that it was the player himself who deserved most of the plaudits.

I’ve certainly nothing against Bullen, and he certainly gave the club a lift after the misery of Hopkin, Duffy and the covid season, but his enthusiastic dad approach to football management had clearly taken us as far as it could.

I thought his problems were more to do with tactics and picking players that were performing poorly. He improved a few in the team when he first came in mcginty improved massively and Murdoch definitely improved once he arrived. 

36 minutes ago, wullieaufc said:

IMG_1879.png

Interesting how that'll work.

Glad they're trying to improve it but my question is why has it taken to the last month of the season when it has been poor all season?

It's just not big enough imo, should extend it out into some of the beer garden space which i think is too big for the amount of times realistically throughout a season you have the weather to enjoy using it. 

Would give you space for more bums on seats and also a larger bar area

I thought the queuing system the other week worked ok. It definitely avoided having that snakelike line that runs the length of the back wall. Not sure the experience will be made any better with staff running about with trays of drinks in an already crowded room, but we’ll see…I’d rather they just served you quicker. Not inclined to dunk on staff, but they do move at a snails pace sometimes.  

26 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Interesting how that'll work.

Glad they're trying to improve it but my question is why has it taken to the last month of the season when it has been poor all season?

It's just not big enough imo, should extend it out into some of the beer garden space which i think is too big for the amount of times realistically throughout a season you have the weather to enjoy using it. 

Would give you space for more bums on seats and also a larger bar area

I dunno if the size was a planning issue or maybe a conservative, will anyone use it gamble or maybe, knowing the hospitality was going to be built, kept small to drive more fans towards hospitality, to make more money.

I've enjoyed the hub for pre and post match drinks and have held two family parties there and found it fantastic on all occasions. It is a pain in the arse an hour before the game but we found, buying double rounds helps with having to Q ha!

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was a decent enough keeper, good shotstopper, think he went back to Villa because of injury. He did however get lobbed by Alan Trouten from the halfway line. 

Think it was also Cammy Smith or McCowan that won POTY

14 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Liam Smith and Tomi Adeloye released from their English clubs . You can but dream !

Interesting fact on Adeloye quoted  on internet today 

During his time with Partick Thistle, Adeloye had the best goal to minutes ratio in the league, with an average of 1.55 goals every 90 minutes.