The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

What's the actual reason for the retro badge? And surely it's a one-off?

I generally don't buy a new shirt until the letters have worn off of the old one and I prefer a bit of identity rather than just being well-made, but no doubt it is well-made. The keeper one looks like a Milka bar though.

With regards to some new punter's first post being about all the improvements "on and off the pitch": the POTY will be 35 this year, the only position with any sort of cover at all is centre half, a third of the starting XI are loanees, most of the better elements of the first team have spotty injury records, and most of the rest aren't good enough to do anything except fight relegation. If that's not to be the target yet again next season then the nucleus of the side needs to be formed early.

27 minutes ago, Thumper said:

What's the actual reason for the retro badge? And surely it's a one-off?

2025 will mark 50 years since the introduction of the AUFC lettering on the shirts.

1 hour ago, Caledonian said:

2025 will mark 50 years since the introduction of the AUFC lettering on the shirts.

It's slightly earlier than that. Possibly 1973, definitely by 1974.

1 minute ago, Superhursty7 said:

Anyway back for Charlie now Timmins is back?. There is a very good goal keeper there who did his best work under Timmins or is it down to other stuff not just form.

Down to other stuff i'm led to believe. Well, his absence from the team so far has been - although I guess that doesn't necessarily mean things can't be put behind and a fresh start occurs.

I would expect Charlie to move on though.

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What happened with Dimi? Was there even an official announcement?

No, Stillie appeared one match day and has been back ever since.

Albinson stood in the goal mouth watching shots get rattled past him, making zero attempt to go for any of them. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

No, Stillie appeared one match day and has been back ever since.

Albinson stood in the goal mouth watching shots get rattled past him, making zero attempt to go for any of them. 

From that, I’d guess there is an issue that is either personal or professional that the club don’t want to put on to the public domain, or he’s working Mon-Fri and going home at weekends. 

Either way, the keepers have taken a dip since Timmons left, so it’s working out ok. 

On 28/04/2024 at 21:04, D'Jaffo said:

Pretty sure this was the state of play at the time of sacking. 

I don’t think anyone who actually watches games can say it was a bad decision. Fans saying Bullen could’ve gotten us out of it may have been right but I think they were saying that out of blind hope as there was nothing on the pitch to suggest we were about to turn a corner. 

I always believed we would stay up somehow but not with Bullen. Things were too stale and I think a lot of players were in a comfort zone with him and had stopped performing as well as they could have. I can’t see that ever happening with Brown. 

IMG_4631.jpeg

Here's the table from Brown's first game in charge onwards.

Screenshot_20240430_142847.thumb.jpg.81e48f131b7eeda1b310b87e8746ae0e.jpg

12 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Here's the table from Brown's first game in charge onwards.

Screenshot_20240430_142847.thumb.jpg.81e48f131b7eeda1b310b87e8746ae0e.jpg

Brown has more or less secured half our points total in 9 less matches and improved the GD all while having a pretty serious injury list.  You can't really grumble with that.  Had Bullen got the bullet after the Peterhead game and he got a full transfer window, we might have had a chance at 4th.  All ifs and buts of course.