The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

26 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Dryhorce is that you?

Just wait until I get round to my South of Scotland top scorers that can replace Dowds. 

Cdm Congolese French fella ,played lower league France recently played in top league in slovakia. Great YouTube highlights reel. Reminds me of Claude makelele. 

David something or other .definitely worth a punt . Perhaps a 2 year deal 🤔 

8 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Cdm Congolese French fella ,played lower league France recently played in top league in slovakia. Great YouTube highlights reel. Reminds me of Claude makelele

The guy we got. 

p0dn5ny4.jpg

18 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Cdm Congolese French fella ,played lower league France recently played in top league in slovakia. Great YouTube highlights reel. Reminds me of Claude makelele. 

Broony would’ve made Bangala a star. I’m sure of it. 

2 hours ago, Superhursty7 said:

I'm not 100% on Clarke but he's young, has pulled off a few worldies and Timmins has improved every keeper we have had in his time at the club

This is the same coach who made Joe Hart what he was , coached him for a few years in his late teens , would be great to see what he could do with Clarke if he was to sign and gets a lot of praise for how he brought on Ollie 

13 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

This is the same coach who made Joe Hart what he was , coached him for a few years in his late teens , would be great to see what he could do with Clarke if he was to sign and gets a lot of praise for how he brought on Ollie 

Mutch, Clarke (if he signs) and Ecrepont will all benefit hugely from him coming back. As will the Academy keepers coming through. 

I genuinely think with Brown, Whitaker and Timmins, and White and Tait at the Academy we now have the strongest coaching set up in the Championship. If we can give them the raw material to work with I'm confident we'll have a good season.

2 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Mutch, Clarke (if he signs) and Ecrepont will all benefit hugely from him coming back. As will the Academy keepers coming through. 

I genuinely think with Brown, Whitaker and Timmins, and White and Tait at the Academy we now have the strongest coaching set up in the Championship. If we can give them the raw material to work with I'm confident we'll have a good season.

I think there is room for another coach in there somewhere 

lee bullen.jpeg

3 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I think there is room for another coach in there somewhere 

lee bullen.jpeg

Think it's time to stop piling on with this one. Demonstrably he was limited and ended up huffing his own farts over a ludicrously lucky Champ Man style signing but nobody doubts he was trying his best and certainly did more for the club's image around the town than the two chancers who had been in before him. He's obviously got back room strengths and still has plenty of time to do something with them.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Thumper said:

Think it's time to stop piling on with this one. Demonstrably he was limited and ended up huffing his own farts over a ludicrously lucky Champ Man style signing but nobody doubts he was trying his best and certainly did more for the club's image around the town than the two chancers who had been in before him. He's obviously got back room strengths and still has plenty of time to do something with them.

You assumed I was kidding!

I was actually thinking how well he would have done with a non football role for all of the reasons you mentioned.

Edited by AUFC 1910

49 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

You assumed I was kidding!

I was actually thinking how well he would have done with a non football role for all of the reasons you mentioned.

He was definately the right man in the wrong job. He'll find his place back in football somewhere, just not in management.

Posted (edited)

I actively disliked Hopkin and Duffy, stinking attitudes towards the club, the performances and the supporters.

The same can't be said for Bullen. A very likable guy who wanted the best, just didn't work out in the end.

Edited by AUcal

I doubt Bullen would travel up for a coaching job every day, especially to a club he used to manage. 

His best bet is either Falkirk or Dunfermline looking for a manager and their respective boards not looking past a second place finish. 

11 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I doubt Bullen would travel up for a coaching job every day, especially to a club he used to manage. 

His best bet is either Falkirk or Dunfermline looking for a manager and their respective boards not looking past a second place finish. 

When York sacked their manager a few months back I was surprised he wasn’t sniffing about, get the band back together with Dipo. 

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Bullen is a good coach, you can see how he improved some players. He would have been a great appointment alongside someone like Kerr who clearly needed help. 

Strange how you can see things differently.  For me, one of the most basic criticisms of Bullen was how poorly coached and disorganised we were.  We never seemed to have much of a plan other than hoof the ball to Dipo or give it to Chalmers and see if he can ping one in the top corner.  Our tactics (such as in the first leg against Partick or the home drubbing to Kilmarnock) were staggeringly naive at times and he never seemed to be able to change games or make effective substitutions (the Falkirk game being probably the worst example).  I’m not sure I did see much improvement in individual players.  McGinty maybe, but the criticism of him was always OTT.  You could give him credit for Dipo I suppose, but I think that it was the player himself who deserved most of the plaudits.

I’ve certainly nothing against Bullen, and he certainly gave the club a lift after the misery of Hopkin, Duffy and the covid season, but his enthusiastic dad approach to football management had clearly taken us as far as it could.

Need to be in Ayrshire the morra so does anyone have an idea in Ayr of anywhere that might put a match on that's on YouTube? 

List of jobs you could trust Bullen with at the club

• Hospitality host
  • PA Announcer
  • Family stand capo
  • Co Comms on streams
  • Mascot
  • Ticket examiner
  • Steward