The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Dropping Baird over McGinty is pretty wild, but at least Muirhead is out of midfield. 

Rowe showed more going forward in twenty minutes than Houston has in two years, so disappointed he isn’t starting. 

I agree but why then offer Houston a contract extension?

8 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I agree but why then offer Houston a contract extension?

Young and with development in mind potentially...

I’m not actually entirely sure, as if we want to be a top half side I don’t think he offers enough on either side of the pitch. 

Bullen’s definitely one of those managers that prioritises a good balance of lefties and righties rather than perhaps playing a better player i.e Jack Baird. McGinty hasn’t been as awful defensively in recent weeks but his distribution still gives me the fear.

Bullen’s definitely one of those managers that prioritises a good balance of lefties and righties rather than perhaps playing a better player i.e Jack Baird. McGinty hasn’t been as awful defensively in recent weeks but his distribution still gives me the fear.
The only distribution I want from McGinty is him giving the ball to Murdoch or Dempsey to start moving it up the pitch, please no more of him shelling it.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Distribution wise, I think they are possibly as bad as each other. Muirhead slightly ahead. I actually think Baird is the best defender out the three of them!

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

The only distribution I want from McGinty is him giving the ball to Murdoch or Dempsey to start moving it up the pitch, please no more of him shelling it.

Is he even capable of that? A Hopkin centre half is conditioned to shell it.

We need to get players in and around Ashford today. Noticed yesterday that Arbroath play a fair bit of hoofball at times but they’ve two targets up top and a midfield that gets up in support very quickly.

We’ve been shelling punts towards one poor bugger who’s in a different postcode to the rest of the team.

44 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Distribution wise, I think they are possibly as bad as each other. Muirhead slightly ahead. I actually think Baird is the best defender out the three of them!

Totally agree, he’s been our best centre half this season by a mile and extremely harsh for him to have been dropped