The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Listened to Bullen in the press conference.

he mentioned Maxwell and Gandoh, O’Conner and McKenzie. they have came off the bench in recent weeks and made an impression.

In the first half, we play negative, dull, defensive football until we concede, normally in the first half.

We then decide to try and look like we want to compete and go more offensive. The forwards are changed and they “appear” to be better than the ones they replaced.

How about we don’t play as negative from The start, play to the strengths of the forward players early rather after 70 minutes of drudgery and then attempt a Hail Mary in the last quarter.

Absolutely this. It's a limited squad we have but imo, our strongest components are in attack (and possibly attacking midfield with the addition of McInroy). Why can't we just try to play football and get a system going that at least suits those players. It's really dire to watch otherwise.

The Dunfermline side seems to be taking shape now, along with the return of Dom Thomas - we’ve all said it at times, and I moved away from this train of thought after the pumping they took from Morton, but I’m now back to them comfortably pulling themselves away over the next month or two. 

A win tomorrow is absolutely imperative, and hopefully drag Hamilton right back into it too. 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Big bombscare Ambrose has signed for them on loan. Hopefully he plays tomorrow and we can get in about him as hes as calamitous as McGinty

He really isn’t though...

McGinty making howlers in the Scottish Championship, while Ambrose was doing it in the Champions League! Also a very good footballer. Like the numerous other centre halves that have dropped down from the top league, who were meant to be done, I think he’ll probably stroll it too. Hopefully not obviously!

44 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The Dunfermline side seems to be taking shape now, along with the return of Dom Thomas - we’ve all said it at times, and I moved away from this train of thought after the pumping they took from Morton, but I’m now back to them comfortably pulling themselves away over the next month or two. 

A win tomorrow is absolutely imperative, and hopefully drag Hamilton right back into it too. 

The two mini tables of 5 in the league are extremely tight. From week to week there's inconsistencies in all of the bottom 5 teams that's why they are where they are. 

Over the last 6 games Dunfermline have only gained 1 more point than we have, as have Morton. 

Most would say that both these teams have the momentum but in truth a lot of that is down to recency bias, the perception of teams turning the corner is often different from the actual truth. 

No reason why we can't have a real go tomorrow. 

Cmon Ayr. 

15 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

The two mini tables of 5 in the league are extremely tight. From week to week there's inconsistencies in all of the bottom 5 teams that's why they are where they are. 

Over the last 6 games Dunfermline have only gained 1 more point than we have, as have Morton. 

Most would say that both these teams have the momentum but in truth a lot of that is down to recency bias, the perception of teams turning the corner is often different from the actual truth. 

No reason why we can't have a real go tomorrow. 

Cmon Ayr. 

Yeah, I get your point - after the Raith game for us compared to now. 

I wasn’t meaning recent results in terms of Dunfermline though, more recruitment and return of Thomas. 

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, I get your point - after the Raith game for us compared to now. 

I wasn’t meaning recent results in terms of Dunfermline though, more recruitment and return of Thomas. 

I totally get it. Dunfermline are a strong squad on paper no doubt about it. 

Nearly 40 minutes into tonight's game and the part time table toppers don't look out of place against the shitehole galacticos. 

There's no substitute for a game plan, organisation and hard work, I hope above anything else this is what Bullen remembers about Scottish football and installs into the team sooner rather than later. 

8 people to lift the piano and 3 to actually play it Bully, cheers. 

Edited by BukyOHare

4 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I totally get it. Dunfermline are a strong squad on paper no doubt about it. 

Nearly 40 minutes into tonight's game and the part time table toppers don't look out of place against the shitehole galacticos. 

There's no substitute for a game plan, organisation and hard work, I hope above anything else this is what Bullen remembers about Scottish football and installs into the team sooner rather than later. 

8 people to lift the piano and 3 to actually play it Bully, cheers. 

Exactly my thoughts. Arbroath getting right after them. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Exactly my thoughts. Arbroath getting right after them. 

No doubt about it. Watching Arbroath in or out of possession, there's rarely huge gaps between each player and a teammate. 

Its a really simple gameplan but really tough to match and overcome and the 442 they play is something a lot of people on here are looking for us to switch to. 

14 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

No doubt about it. Watching Arbroath in or out of possession, there's rarely huge gaps between each player and a teammate. 

Its a really simple gameplan but really tough to match and overcome and the 442 they play is something a lot of people on here are looking for us to switch to. 

I feel we try and stop other teams rather than having our own game plan. We are not good at one aspect and concentrate on it 

32 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

For me, I’m happy with the 4-3-3 or some variation of it as long as we play our competent football players and play through the midfield. If we continue to play directly, then it has to be two up front to give us a chance of actually getting up the park and playing off the long balls.

22 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I feel we try and stop other teams rather than having our own game plan. We are not good at one aspect and concentrate on it 

That's probably where Arbroath have excelled they look to contain the opposition by playing to their own gameplan. Its not negative, but its simple and clearly very effective. 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

For me, I’m happy with the 4-3-3 or some variation of it as long as we play our competent football players and play through the midfield. If we continue to play directly, then it has to be two up front to give us a chance of actually getting up the park and playing off the long balls.

I would agree with you as long as the three up front are in positions to receive the ball and can play off each other. 

5 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I would agree with you as long as the three up front are in positions to receive the ball and can play off each other. 

Yup, and that entirely relies on us keeping the ball and getting up the pitch. It just reverts to a 4-5-1 most of the time, at the moment.