The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

There is no excuse for Muirhead starting in midfield IMO. 

This 100%. He can't play the position, it's infuriating seeing him attempting to play passes and consistently failing to prevent attacks from reaching our CB's.

2 minutes ago, AuAl said:

This 100%. He can't play the position, it's infuriating seeing him attempting to play passes and consistently failing to prevent attacks from reaching our CB's.

I'd drop McGinty and play Muirhead at CB.

I'd also play two up top, but I highly doubt we'll see either of these happening.

This he's living off a couple of good games when shoehorned in to that role notable Raith Rovers at home this season and the games at Dundee and Morton last season, fair enough we have had little choice but to play him there as we have had no midfielders but we now have 3 and 4 if you count Maxwell that can play that position if Bully wants Muirhead in the team he needs to sacrifice McGinty or Baird.

2 hours ago, Death in Vegas said:

Got no idea why killie fans are so bothered that only a few hundred of us show up emoji2.png

Probably because you all cried so much about getting no tickets for the first clash this season and now you can have as many as you would like and people won’t buy them.

The part I'm clutching onto is that we've had the best part of a season watching Muirhead play there, Bullen has only been in post a short while. If Muirhead is still starting there rather than somewhere in the back row after the next 3 or 4 games I'm very nervous. We know he is limited in that role, to start with it even looked like it made us a bit more solid, but he is badly exposed every week. Teams just play round him and when he does have the ball he's got a typical defenders distribution ability. Fully agree with the square peg in the round hole analogy, Robbie Crawford wide left all over again. 

15 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
21 minutes ago, AuAl said:

This he's living off a couple of good games when shoehorned in to that role notable Raith Rovers at home this season and the games at Dundee and Morton last season, fair enough we have had little choice but to play him there as we have had no midfielders but we now have 3 and 4 if you count Maxwell that can play that position if Bully wants Muirhead in the team he needs to sacrifice McGinty or Baird.

He wasn't actually playing in that game, that was an attacking line up we had and arguably our best all round team performance of the season.

We played with Murdoch, Chalmers, Maxwell and McKenzie across the middle with Bradley just behind Adeloye. Maxwell pushed on as did McKenzie and we were pretty rampant with Bradley being totally outstanding.

That type of formation HAS to be the blueprint for success for the future and if not then even MORE attacking I'd say.

15 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

He wasn't actually playing in that game, that was an attacking line up we had and arguably our best all round team performance of the season.

We played with Murdoch, Chalmers, Maxwell and McKenzie across the middle with Bradley just behind Adeloye. Maxwell pushed on as did McKenzie and we were pretty rampant with Bradley being totally outstanding.

That type of formation HAS to be the blueprint for success for the future and if not then even MORE attacking I'd say.

Yeah, we've looked a lot better when we've set up more attacking. Trying to shitefest draws does not suit this team.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

Yeah, we've looked a lot better when we've set up more attacking. Trying to shitefest draws does not suit this team.

I'd love to see Rowe come in for Houston tomorrow and hopefully McInroy will get a start as well.

Listened to Bullen in the press conference.

he mentioned Maxwell and Gandoh, O’Conner and McKenzie. they have came off the bench in recent weeks and made an impression.

In the first half, we play negative, dull, defensive football until we concede, normally in the first half.

We then decide to try and look like we want to compete and go more offensive. The forwards are changed and they “appear” to be better than the ones they replaced.

How about we don’t play as negative from The start, play to the strengths of the forward players early rather after 70 minutes of drudgery and then attempt a Hail Mary in the last quarter.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'd drop McGinty and play Muirhead at CB.

I'd also play two up top, but I highly doubt we'll see either of these happening.

100% This.

Muirhead at the back. Ashford and Adeloye up front. O'Connor and Gondoh as attacking midfielders on either side of Murdoch and Dempsey. Rowe instead of Houston.

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Listened to Bullen in the press conference.

he mentioned Maxwell and Gandoh, O’Conner and McKenzie. they have came off the bench in recent weeks and made an impression.

In the first half, we play negative, dull, defensive football until we concede, normally in the first half.

We then decide to try and look like we want to compete and go more offensive. The forwards are changed and they “appear” to be better than the ones they replaced.

How about we don’t play as negative from The start, play to the strengths of the forward players early rather after 70 minutes of drudgery and then attempt a Hail Mary in the last quarter.

Yeah, O’Connor in particular was constantly getting the ball thirty yards from his own goal, and actually did okay even at that. He rarely got given the ball when in the opponents half. 

I’m not yet entirely sure who our best wide midfielders are, but I’m edging towards Maxwell and O’Connor with Gondoh looking like a good option off the bench. 

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, O’Connor in particular was constantly getting the ball thirty yards from his own goal, and actually did okay even at that. He rarely got given the ball when in the opponents half. 

I’m not yet entirely sure who our best wide midfielders are, but I’m edging towards Maxwell and O’Connor with Gondoh looking like a good option off the bench. 

There's even the option of pushing Maxwell back to LB, sticking in an extra proper Midfielder / wide man and give Reading the wee rest that he looks like he maybe needs.

I'd also have Rowe for Houston at RB which would give us a further attacking threat and McInroy as an advanced Midfielder smashing in 30 yard screamers from all over the shop while our wingers are causing carnage on the flanks as we pepper the Dunfermline goal with an incessant barrage coming from all angles.....

16 hours ago, bazka6 said:

Happy Bear Grylls GIF by NBC

What about your ‘overdraft’? and let this be the end of it

Kilmarnock eye up £1m loan as club projected to post seven-figure loss

CASH FLOW 

Kilmarnock to ask for £1m government loan to help them survive the season

The sum borrowed was actually in the region of £1.82m. 

For people of your mindset this is how real business works. You don't look a gift horse in the mouth, when offered a deal structured with such favourable terms as to benefit the business, you jump all over it.

An interest free loan repaid at £91k per annum or £7k per month, over 20 years is as minimal a risk as it gets in relation to the turnover at Rugby Park.

Even Motherwell FC, regarded as one of the top financially run clubs in Scotland, made a £1.5m profit the year previous but still borrowed £2.96m from Scottish Government, as shown in their accounts just released, such a no brainer business decision it was to make.

It may appear like a massive risk to someone like yourself, devoid of simple business acumen, but in reality it's nowhere near it.

People will always mock when they're faced with something they just can't quite compute.

If you have a sitting midfielder, moving the ball from left to right, it gives forward players an out ball if they get caught up, helps keep possession.

It means the full backs can push up in support and keeps the pressure on.

What we do is win the ball, play it quickly to a forward player, if they receive it which is normally 70/30 against, there is no support or out ball,  so it is returned to us and we stay under pressure. 
We need to be more on the front foot and try to create chances rather than force them. 

2 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

The sum borrowed was actually in the region of £1.82m. 

For people of your mindset this is how real business works. You don't look a gift horse in the mouth, when offered a deal structured with such favourable terms as to benefit the business, you jump all over it.

An interest free loan repaid at £91k per annum or £7k per month, over 20 years is as minimal a risk as it gets in relation to the turnover at Rugby Park.

Even Motherwell FC, regarded as one of the top financially run clubs in Scotland, made a £1.5m profit the year previous but still borrowed £2.96m from Scottish Government, as shown in their accounts just released, such a no brainer business decision it was to make.

It may appear like a massive risk to someone like yourself, devoid of simple business acumen, but in reality it's nowhere near it.

People will always mock when they're faced with something they just can't quite compute.

Was it a loan? 
Is a loan Debt? 
Did Kilmarnock take it? 

if the answer to the above is yes then you and your pals have argued for about 3 pages despite the facts being against you.

you are all a really thick bunch, yet you are trying to patronise us. 

You are not very good at this, you also have no shame which is a bad combination. 

tick tock 

53 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Holy f**k - the irony with your monosyllabic pals who can barely string a sentence together. Maybe direct that message to them. 🤣

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Was it a loan? 
Is a loan Debt? 
Did Kilmarnock take it? 

if the answer to the above is yes then you and your pals have argued for about 3 pages despite the facts being against you.

you are all a really thick bunch, yet you are trying to patronise us. 

You are not very good at this, you also have no shame which is a bad combination. 

tick tock 

I have no wish to get into a bun fight with any Ayr fan tbh so I purposely sat back n kept well out of yesterday's carcrash.

As for your ticktok response I think your well wide of the mark but I guess that's where our opinions differ.

I'll bid you my friend a good night and best of luck for tomorrow.

The same I cannot bring myself to say for Wednesday night however 🤣.

Edited by C4mmy31