The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Considering Houston is tied to another 18 months i'd be very surprised if we went for Tumilty. 

Plus in the interview last week Bully basically said in a roundabout fashion that with Houston and Musonda coming back we'll be fine at the back for the rest of the season. He said it was the attacking side of the pitch we were looking at adding, who those personnel could be i really don't know. 

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Considering Houston is tied to another 18 months i'd be very surprised if we went for Tumilty. 

Plus in the interview last week Bully basically said in a roundabout fashion that with Houston and Musonda coming back we'll be fine at the back for the rest of the season. He said it was the attacking side of the pitch we were looking at adding, who those personnel could be i really don't know. 

Houston is out of contract in the summer, no? 

Thought he signed an 18 month extension just after Bullen joined last year. 

I hate Duffy as much as Hopkin tbh. His managerial clichés, his general disinterest and his negative tactics were all fucking brutal.

The fact that I consider Duffy and Hopkin worse than Roberts is telling That's how bad they were! Brutal!

Our contact situation at the moment 

2023- McAdams, Houston, McGinty, McAllister, O’Connor, Bilham, Moffat, McKenzie, Jeanes

2024- Albinson, Reading, Musonda, Ecrepont, Murdoch, Mitchell-Lawson, Bangala, Smith, Jenkins, Akinyemi, McKenzie, Ashford, Bryden

2025- Dempsey, Hewitt, Guthrie, 

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Our contact situation at the moment 

2023- McAdams, Houston, McGinty, McAllister, O’Connor, Bilham, Moffat, McKenzie, Jeanes

2024- Albinson, Reading, Musonda, Ecrepont, Murdoch, Mitchell-Lawson, Bangala, Smith, Jenkins, Akinyemi, McKenzie, Ashford, Bryden

2025- Dempsey, Hewitt, Guthrie, 

McGinty the only one out of contract that I’d be offering terms to at this second. Still time for Houston, McKenzie and O’Connor to earn a new deal as well although I think the latter will be away to get more game time. Think we could probably get a cheaper and still half decent back up rather than keep McAdams who looked completely devoid of confidence in the Pollok game. I think he’ll want to be a number one elsewhere as well. 

I believe it was mentioned when Murdoch re-signed that there’s an option for a further year in there which can hopefully be activated this summer. 

39 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Houston is out of contract in the summer, no? 

Thought he signed an 18 month extension just after Bullen joined last year. 

Jeezo didn't realise it was that long ago, thought he'd only signed it a few months ago, time flies...

5 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I feel for Clyde, managed by the 'going through the motions' dinosaur that is Jim fucking Duffy and Cameron 'headless chicken' Salkeld as a marquee signing.

What a time to be a Clyde fan! They might as well close the club. 

Given they employed a rapist for years they absolutely deserve this. 

From Ayrshire Post - some good some bad.

Musonda and Murdoch both out for the Cove double header but hope to be back for QP game

Houston and O'Connor should be back for Friday

Livi still keep hinting at recalling Mullin but nothing official. 

'Closing in' on 2 replacements for Young and Chalmers, although also says might need to wait until end of window to get the right ones. 

Edited by Hursty

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Livingston recalling Mullin would be utterly bizarre regardless of how good he’s been. 

Aye I can't get my head around their logic there especially as they have since signed Steven Bradley who bagged a double at the weekend in cup, surely that pushes Mullin even further down the pecking order?

25 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Martindale's mentioned needing players to leave in order to repay their COVID loan and pay for VAR. Given Mullin can't play for anyone else this season we shouldn't be parting with any cash at this point.

Maybe they don't fancy Mullin tearing them to bits in the cup quarter final . Potentially i mean .

14 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Maybe they don't fancy Mullin tearing them to bits in the cup quarter final . Potentially i mean .

I suppose if they made us sign him permanently then he would be eligible to play them if it happened so in their best interests to leave it as a loan deal as you can't play against your parent club.