The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Hypothetically if Bullen was to go, I don't think he will personally, who would people like to see replace him?

Genuinely interested.

It’s hard to predict as Bullen himself was kinda out of nowhere. 

9 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Hypothetically if Bullen was to go, I don't think he will personally, who would people like to see replace him?

Genuinely interested.

Neil McCann would be my 1st choice but suspect it may be someone completely out the blue. 

8 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Genuinely interested.

I think Bullen will be here next season, I think his lack of chat about making the play-offs or talking about next season at all makes me wonder though. 

I think we would have the same approach to be honest, youngish, untried coach. 

Cheap appointments, Kevin Thompson is still out a job but there must be a reason for that, Darren Young has now proved himself at a second club, albeit part time. Peter Murphy looks to have Annan in the play-offs again. 

Ian McCall would likely be favourite, Calum Davidson, the usual managers like Jim Mcintyre and John Hughes 

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Neil McCann would be my 1st choice but suspect it may be someone completely out the blue. 

Yuck

6 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Jack Ross

No chance of that happening. 

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think Bullen will be here next season, I think his lack of chat about making the play-offs or talking about next season at all makes me wonder though. 

I think we would have the same approach to be honest, youngish, untried coach. 

Cheap appointments, Kevin Thompson is still out a job but there must be a reason for that, Darren Young has now proved himself at a second club, albeit part time. Peter Murphy looks to have Annan in the play-offs again. 

Ian McCall would likely be favourite, Calum Davidson, the usual managers like Jim Mcintyre and John Hughes 

Aye I’d imagine it’ll be someone coaching at a higher level looking for their first job as a manager. I wouldn’t touch Thomson now as I agree there must be a reason he wasn’t given a gig anywhere else. 

Wouldn’t touch any of the other four either. 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I’d imagine it’ll be someone coaching at a higher level looking for their first job as a manager. I wouldn’t touch Thomson now as I agree there must be a reason he wasn’t given a gig anywhere else. 

Not one to make judgements on people, but everytime he has done co-comms on games I've been watching, he has sounded absolutely blootered.

32 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Genuinely interested.

I am sure Lee is going nowhere soon. However if he did leave now we would get Marvin Bartley from QotS.

47 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No chance of that happening. 

Depends how ambitious we want to be to achieve "something special" 

Pretty sure Mathie and Ross had a crossover period together while working at Hibs too so there's an immediate connection straightaway

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Depends how ambitious we want to be to achieve "something special" 

Pretty sure Mathie and Ross had a crossover period together while working at Hibs too so there's an immediate connection straightaway

There’s being ambitious and then there’s wasting time trying to get someone in who would have zero interest in us. 

All this talk about Bullen "being in the bricks" is fantasy as well. He's been in the job for eighteen months and only about four of those have been successful. He has no ties to the area or the club, so this all hinges on him being thick as thieves with the board. Which may very well be the case but hardly gives him a job for life.

I've said all along that he'd be here next season so long as the club stayed up and have no doubt that he's hit his own personal targets. And when the season ends, the work on the north stand begins, and the club makes a very healthy year-on-year profit, nobody drawing a wage in the back room is going to consider it a failure.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s being ambitious and then there’s wasting time trying to get someone in who would have zero interest in us. 

You have to assume that the grounding that the club is being put on will permit for the boat to get pushed out in future. If Owen Coyle was willing to step down to handle a bunch of mercenaries who don't even have their own ground then that suggests that other out-of-work managers are not out of scope.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Falkirk was 1000x more annoying and painful than Talbot. Talbot game was embarrassing but it was helped by the fact we went and beat Dundee Utd the following week. 

The hangover from the Falkirk game still hasn’t worn off for the majority of the support and will always been looked back on as a massive chance blown. 

As for Bullen it wouldn’t shock me if he left. It was never going to be a hugely long term appointment given his age and the fact his family stayed down South. He’d be good enough to go and manage a Conference team if he wanted to. 

Probably doesn’t mean much, but there have been a few managerial vacancies coming up recently and Bullen’s name never comes up, even amongst the rank outsiders.  I appreciate the Scottish media tends to punt the merry go round of usual suspects, but on the other hand, if Bullen is building a reputation as a manager, it doesn’t seem like anyone else in Scottish football has noticed.

4 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Are we just ignoring the numerous chances that Falkirk had?

Apart from their  penalty and the fluke deflection I don't recall anything on target from Falkirk . Plenty of crosses yes , which Sean eat up and some nice midfield play mainly from side to side . From us the penalty miss ofcourse , Dipo missed one hit the post with one and McKenzie pulled a good save out of their keeper .  However fair play to Falkitk ,. 

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

If Owen Coyle was willing to step down to handle a bunch of mercenaries who don't even have their own ground then that suggests that other out-of-work managers are not out of scope.

Do not underestimate both the size of budget he'll have to work with and the fact that Haughey will have sold the new ground / long term plan to get him.

7 minutes ago, North British 2 said:

Apart from their  penalty and the fluke deflection I don't recall anything on target from Falkirk . Plenty of crosses yes , which Sean eat up and some nice midfield play mainly from side to side . From us the penalty miss ofcourse , Dipo missed one hit the post with one and McKenzie pulled a good save out of their keeper .  However fair play to Falkitk ,. 

They must’ve hit the post about 3 times in the first half alone from corners. Chances aren’t just shots on target. After the first 20 minutes they were utterly dominant. 

3 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Do not underestimate both the size of budget he'll have to work with and the fact that Haughey will have sold the new ground / long term plan to get him.

Surely Ayr's off field ambition and competitive playing budget should be appealing to any manager who's been fired from their past three jobs and isn't in the running for any of the three vacancies in the tier one above?

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Coyle had to go to India to get work because he was becoming a joke figure in football, lasting a few months at clubs including 5 months where he made a Ross County team worse. I am sure he wouldn't have been hard to deal with for most Championship clubs in Scotland at the time. 

Jack Ross is in the same boat, a good season at St Mirren was followed up with a downward spiral in terms of reputation, Maybe adequate at a basket case Sunderland, below average but not poor at Hibs and rank rotten at Dundee United. Maybe he needs another chance at success or another go to prove he's not really a good manager. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in the SFA setup at some level. 

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Just incase anyone never knew, Jack Ross is the head coach of Newcastle United's academy. I very much doubt he'll leave such a comfortable job to come to us. 

He’s only there until the summer I’m sure. Anyway I’m sure he’s after jobs down South rather than up here.