The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

I remember a time the club shop would get about 100 tops in and the club shop was only open on match days. 
Hopefully the O’Neill gear is good quality. Having plenty of choice in home, away, third and training tops can be seen as fleecing the fans or giving them a choice of what they can spend their money on

The quality is very good , I would go with giving fans choice over fleecing , nothing worse than everyone only having a couple of things to choose from , the amount of times you get asked in the shop for new items is high 

5 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I've got some O'Neills GAA stuff and it's lasted years, longer than some of the bigger brands.

Material certainly thicker than Hummel products , on top of that every item we sell is available in both adult and kid sizes  as some families like to wear same kit to football 

Edited by Finlay21

26 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

The quality is very good , I would go with giving fans choice over fleecing , nothing worse than everyone only having a couple of things to choose from , the amount of times you get asked in the shop for new items is high 

The Hummel training gear was bland, it would have looked better if it had been sold with the sponsors logo on it. Maybe a possible future incentive to sponsors, having their logo on the training gear sold by the club 

19 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The Hummel training gear was bland, it would have looked better if it had been sold with the sponsors logo on it. Maybe a possible future incentive to sponsors, having their logo on the training gear sold by the club 

For the first time , this seasons home top comes with the sponsors name pre printed on back so looks more like the genuine top 

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

People can make a lot of sacrifices to be able to go to the football, if the product on the park doesn’t outweigh the sacrifices then folk will not go.

Its a really good point.  I find this a tricky one - personally I think there's a difference between not going because "we are shite and I can't be bothered haha" which I assume @WATTOO is getting annoyed at, as in folk who can easily afford it but enjoy coming on here to say they arent going, or someone who genuinely makes a wee sacrifice to pay their 20 quid a week feeling its not offering value and choosing not to go.     World of difference IMO.  

*edit - 'sacrifice'  isn't always financial before anyone shoots me down. 

Edited by Hursty

23 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Its a really good point.  I find this a tricky one - personally I think there's a difference between not going because "we are shite and I can't be bothered haha" which I assume @WATTOO is getting annoyed at, as in folk who can easily afford it but enjoy coming on here to say they arent going, or someone who genuinely makes a wee sacrifice to pay their 20 quid a week feeling its not offering value and choosing not to go.     World of difference IMO.  

*edit - 'sacrifice'  isn't always financial before anyone shoots me down. 

I know what you are getting at but I've never seen someone post "we are shite and I can't be bothered haha" on pie and bovril.

I would also argue if you have the means and you're not enjoying it, why should you go? It's not a donation to some noble cause.

My own circumstances - every game is about about a 4/4.5 hour commitment for me with travelling. I go because I stand with my brothers and my grandad for the chat and the catch up, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't be going at the moment. I'm not ashamed to say that, the football at home has been pish for far too long (long before this season). Its family that keeps me going along at the moment, it's certainly not the insipid football. I suspect I'm not alone in that tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I know what you are getting at but I've never seen someone post "we are shite and I can't be bothered haha" on pie and bovril

There definitely are quite a few of those posts, which are the ones I don't get.  If we are that shite (we probably are) and you can't be bothered then almost gloat at those of us who do go, then just don't post.  

I totally agree with your middle paragraph, so I've maybe come across wrong, I'd (just about) fall into that and your last paragraph category - my dad and my son are season ticket holders and I go to as many games with them as I can, which again annoys me a wee bit when you read folk making the effort to post on an Ayr thread online boasting about how they aren't stupid enough to go to games.

32 minutes ago, Hursty said:

when you read folk making the effort to post on an Ayr thread online boasting about how they aren't stupid enough to go to games.

It's safe to say that we support Ayr through thick and thin. Yes, sometimes we are shite, though I wouldn't differ my own support because of it.

However, due to work commitments and having children, my appearances at Somerset are less than they have been in previous seasons, that doesn't alter the fact I'm an Ayr supporter. 

I'd rather be supporting my (close to) home team, as shite as they may possibly be, than following an old firm team like a sheep. Many of which claim to be Diehard old firm fans but have never actually attended a game 😒

@WATTOO May be thinking along the same lines. Maybe if there weren't as many following the old firm and actually backed their local team, they wouldn't be shite at all. A few fans might not attend because they're trying to save face in front of old firm supporting acquaintances 😒 it really depends.

2 hours ago, Hursty said:

personally I think there's a difference between not going because "we are shite and I can't be bothered haha" which I assume @WATTOO is getting annoyed at, as in folk who can easily afford it but enjoy coming on here to say they arent going, or someone who genuinely makes a wee sacrifice to pay their 20 quid a week feeling its not offering value and choosing not to go.

Making up a guy to get mad at, basically.

I’ve only been to 3 games this season due to time, money and my daughter. I only live an hour or so away but travelling down, paying 20 quid plus fuel and missing out on seeing my wee one to feel depressed at getting beaten/playing crap doesn’t come up on my list of priorities. Especially while we only have one income coming into the house. It doesn’t make me a bad fan- although I do feel bad at times as I do want to go more