The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, railwayend said:

And Mullin and Chalmers !

Honestly, we're going to need to get away from this alternate reality that's been created.

Chalmers was a lovely Footballer, he was great to watch, he offered pace, skill, excitement and sometimes even end product, however our results in the games he played weren't as great as everyone seems to be making out.

Strangely enough, our results prior to signing both Mullin and Chalmers were as good as anything.

Football fans are so weird about season tickets.  

It's not your duty to buy one, it's the club's duty to make them attractive to be bought. 

Just now, itzdrk said:

Football fans are so weird about season tickets.  

It's not your duty to buy one, it's the club's duty to make them attractive to be bought. 

^ Not A Real Fan

12 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

"Kirk replaced by Stanger - downgrade on the face of it, not played yet though".

Is there any possibility of Kirk being back with us on loan this season?

No, would be pointless for his development playing at the same level.

Edited by callum-ayr

15 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I wasn't even singing in the hub after we got beat 8-0.  I'm a total fraud. 

Wrong, you were on top of a table belting out " Bald Gilet man, better than Zidane" 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Wrong, you were on top of a table belting out " Bald Gilet man, better than Zidane" 

We are all bald under our gilet

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I see that the guy we were looking at last season-Prince Henry- is still without a club. He was playing at a low level on loan last season so may not be up to standard 

Double deal for him and his cousin IMO 

9 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I see that the guy we were looking at last season-Prince Henry- is still without a club. He was playing at a low level on loan last season so may not be up to standard 

He would be worth signing purely for the corny tabloid headlines alone !!

Prince Henry "crowned off his performance with a goal", "Prince proves he can be goal "king", "Ayr were royally stuffed and even the Prince couldn't save them", etc, etc.

(I used to love the sun in the Dalziel era, when we had "Dazza", Bazza", Gazza," etc, etc).

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d imagine work permits will come into it. Look at the hassle we went through with Bangala. 

Still wild that you actually got one for him in the end, with everyone connected with Ayr now wishing they didn't...

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

He would be worth signing purely for the corny tabloid headlines alone !!

Prince Henry "crowned off his performance with a goal", "Prince proves he can be goal "king", "Ayr were royally stuffed and even the Prince couldn't save them", etc, etc.

(I used to love the sun in the Dalziel era, when we had "Dazza", Bazza", Gazza," etc, etc).

Off with his head 

6 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

12 days until our first competitive fixture.

Surely to f**k there will be some movement this week.

I'd expect a load of trialists on Wednesday.  

I think the striker situation will sort its self out I'm more worried about the midfield Pendlebury, Murdoch and Dempsey are all very similar and don't exactly create a lot of assists or score, Dempsey got few last season but the vast majority were from the pen spot, unless we sign a creative playmaker we are going to be playing hoofball again.

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I think the striker situation will sort its self out I'm more worried about the midfield Pendlebury, Murdoch and Dempsey are all very similar and don't exactly create a lot of assists or score, Dempsey got few last season but the vast majority were from the pen spot, unless we sign a creative playmaker we are going to be playing hoofball again.

Aye I said a few days ago that I think we need a midfielder who is more capable of carrying the ball up the field and is better at getting close to our strikers. 

We basically need a Kerr McInroy-type player in midfield. I have no idea if Pendlebury is that type of player so we will need to wait and see what the reports are on Wednesday.